What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ur Favorite Beer?

G

Moppel said:
oranjeboom is horrible beer.

in what way ,,i actually like it lol

Bipedalhominid,,ive sunk gallons of it but i prefer john smith to sam smith

growmatic

Bipedalhominid said:
Anderson Valley Brewing Co. in Boonville, Cali. - "Boont Amber" (7%) is one of the best beers I've run across.....along with their Poliko Gold. Both are blind tasting award winners. Micro brews seem to be a cut above the mass produced stuff.

YEAAHH!!! Mighty fine taste in brews. Was just at that brewery yesterday. Top notch herb isn't the only great thing comming out of Mendocino County...

C

Chamba

glock wrote Heineken .... I remember getting one out of a vending machine in Amsterdam and drinking it down with breakfast...salami and gouda on some lovely bread. my next stop was the Grey Area...

Glock...beer is not just a breakfast drink!..it's also suitable for before & after lunch and dinner too!

C

Chamba

BEER IS GOOD

I like all beers! I drink beer almost everyday (on days that I don't drink wine that is!)..and I like to drink beer fast!

sometimes a few cans and usually never more than a 6-pack.

....the closest shop stocks about 12 ~15 different brands from all continents, which is convenient as I like to drink different beers...but I never drink different brands on the same day!

.....in summer I like Japanese beers, Asahi is my fave ansd has been for a few years now....there's no headache next day, even if you knock down too many..it's got a crisp clean flavour, full beer taste and smell, strong alcohol content and goes down well!..it's a good beer that doesn't weigh you down!

in the cooler months UK or Euro beers go down well..but many are too rich or too heavy on a full stomach..but on a cold day, drank slow ...."hmmm...

Heineken are nice every now and then.....but after the first one (which tastes great), the taste changes to yuk (or is that just me?)

Aussie beers are potent and are great for guzzling with BBQ's "wannanotherstubbieofveebeemate? hereah, getitintayah .... drink them extremely cold (sitting ice and water is best).....VB is the most popular beer in Oz!...Four X tastes funny (but then again, I'm not from Qld)

Many mass market American beers are light in most areas. Very light in alc content, sweet and bubbly .....and so shouldn't really be called "beer"...lol ... They taste and smell like a shandy (a beer/lemonade mix) when compared to real beers but having said that Bud is good for hot days to wash down with burgers & fries, pizza or other salty fast food ..and the alcohol content is low so it's a good lunch or afternoon beer and won't make you sleepy afterwards....good for hot days if you don't want to get beer blurry...but not my first choice, that's for sure.

..I'm sure there are good US beers, like from some of the microbrewerys, but the mass market stuff is not to my taste..they are just too bland..but I've got a mate of mine I drink with who loves Busch beer and drinks nothing else! :rolleyes: ...but that's the good thing about beer - they all are a little or alot different and so there's one for every taste!

Taiwan beer will give you a hangover/head thumping ache you won't forget if you get shitfaced on them....but the premium Taiwan beers are ok

Mexican beers taste like flat, dish washing water to me!..(maybe they taste better in Mexico?)

Singha beer, like most Thai beers, taste harsh/weird to me...but are ok with hot spicy Thai food

there's a beer brewed in India call Kingfisher (?) that is very good too

333 from Vietnam is good too, for a low cost Asia beer

and "when in Rome...." wherever you are, it's best to drink the local beers as they are fresh, suited to the local climate & food and usually good value.

I like beer..beer is good!

Last edited:
yeah dude? i think you're just jealous you're not on the west coast next to the border.

i grew up on this, you grew up on that. honestly, don't know why you gotta be knockin' other peoples' taste. that ganja must be gettin' to ya

C

Chamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppel
oranjeboom is horrible beer.

lol...I'm with Moppel on this one!

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
eatlikekings> pacifico is verry good! on a nice summer day chillin' w/ a pacifico and some salt and a wedge of lime! don't forget the "kickback chair"! (like in the corona comercials)

Anybody Ever tried a beer called Victoria from mexico? its not exported and you can only get it while in mex! they show these fucking halarious commercials about white dudes trying to jump the border w/ the beer! much like the roadrunner cartoons, they used cattapults(sp?), rockets you name it! but they got snagged by the mexican migra every time lol! Verry Good Beer!
while anybody that is visiting mexico, don't forget to try Victoria! or in chrismas time.... Noche Buena! only brewed around chrismas time! mghty fine i must say!

oh.... Carta Blanca is also good! caguama!(mexican for 40 oz)

peace!

mm

G

KGB47 said:
Sorry I'm posting so much, this is a subject near and dear to my heart...lol.

They stuff above is excellent but i can't get it here in the states. If anybody in Aussi-land want to ship me some i'll send you some seeds..hehehe...

Vitamin B

I am having one right now.

If you want real good aussie beer go for the James Squires , Matilda Bay, Little Creatures and Coopers.

There are lots of little micro brewers in australia now so you don't have to drink lager lager and more lager.

My very favourite beer would have to be the Belgian Rocheforte Trappiste Beer. It packs a punch at 11% alchol, dark, floral to the nose and has to be one of the finest drinks ever created. Only problem that it costs $13 per bottle.

C

Chamba

I find most beers over 5% not enjoyable at all...the taste is not right..I can taste to extra alcohol content.....it seems like they brew the beer then add a shot to it..well, to me anyway..if want to drink something stronger than 5%, I'll drink a nice bottle of Italian red

Last edited:
G

Am I the only one here that enjoys Killian's Irish Red? I mentioned it in my other post but no one else has mentioned it. Killian's has to be one of my top 5 favorite beers.

G

i did.... killians..... well killians is definately the shit, i would try it if I was the person reading this sentence :wink:

G

buffalosouljah said:
i did.... killians..... well killians is definately the shit, i would try it if I was the person reading this sentence :wink:

Funny you say that as I am just popping open a killian's right now. :yes: