What's new

Ur Favorite Beer?

C

Chamba

I dont see how a person can sit in the chair watching t.v and consume a 6 -12 pack of natural ice or some cheap beer by themselves. Every day.

I don't either...,most commercially available beer from North America is not to my liking (and that's an understatement!)

A good mate of mine drinks 10 ~ 13 cans of Busch beer everyday (and he could afford any type of beer in the world, he just prefers this one....go figure!)......when he comes over here and there's a can or two left over when he leaves, those leftover Buschs are still there when he comes back over next week...lol...though on a really hot day for lunch, when eating American style burgers etc, a good light USA beer is best and cuts through the salt and fat without bloating or dominating the meal.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Chamba - maybe try a Goose Island IPA and a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale amongst your usual beers? They are a couple of really great thirst quenching North American beers.

C

Chamba

I would, but any US beer apart from Bud, Miller and others like it are just not available around here from most outlets, but I'll keep an eye out! thanks for the tips

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
the secret for a great beer it's the water: less minerals=best beer.....also less ingredients make the best beer ;)

C

Chamba

I know this is a bit off topic, but if there's one beer more than any other that I find utterly undrinkable is Corona.....I would rather drink watered down carbonated fish urine than that beer...hey, maybe I've just discovered Corona's recipe?

How can a country with a cuisine that is so close to my heart and stomach, a country that produces the world's best boxers that never give up and keep on coming produce a beer that to me totally is totally whimpy in every respect? it's so bad that alcoholics should be encouraged to drink it just so they can more easily give up booze!

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
I dont see how a person can sit in the chair watching t.v and consume a 6 -12 pack of natural ice or some cheap beer by themselves. Every day.

I don't either...,most commercially available beer from North America is not to my liking (and that's an understatement!)

A good mate of mine drinks 10 ~ 13 cans of Busch beer everyday (and he could afford any type of beer in the world, he just prefers this one....go figure!)......when he comes over here and there's a can or two left over when he leaves, those leftover Buschs are still there when he comes back over next week...lol...though on a really hot day for lunch, when eating American style burgers etc, a good light USA beer is best and cuts through the salt and fat without bloating or dominating the meal.

i call this "alchool addict" ...the most dangerous drug when abused

C

Chamba

i call this "alchool addict" ...the most dangerous drug when abused

also so true..........but he does drink very, very slowly, maybe one can every 30 or 40 minutes and does eat while he does...but yeah, even so, a dozen per day is asking for liver cancer.

It's important for every drinker, especially those who drink "daily", to have a "non alcohol day" or two every 3 or 4 days, or at least one day every week as it gives your body a rest......and on days that you do drink, make sure to drink lots of water beforehand, eats lots of carrots or drink carrot juice and exercise enough to sweat out the bad stuff and you'll be fresher, live longer and be happier and healthier..and enjoy your beer!

It's also important to know when to stop drinking, this is something an alcoholic is incapable of, I stop drinking when it begins to "feel good" iow I'm about to get tipsy which means I'll feel like crappo next day if I have any more...a beer or any other drink should be enjoyed for it's taste and it's pleasant effects, but if that snowballs into you being a loud, aggressive asshole who wakes up with a hangover then you are stupid and overdoing it..the secret is to enhance not overdo...if you can't then stop before it stops you.

st-patricks-beer-sam-smith-oatmeal-stout-sl.jpg
This was the one I had,but this was almost thirty years ago.It left a lasting impression [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
icon13.gif
bbb
[/FONT]

C

Chamba

the most extraordinary night I ever experienced was when I decided not to drink on an New Year's Eve, I was early 20's at the time and it blew me away just how stupid, boorish, loud, aggressive, repetitive and smelly just about everyone (who previously seemed "normal" to me on any other night when we were together and drinking) were behaving after 10 or 11 pm that night, after 1 am it was comical to watch them, then it got boring
. It's important to control just how much you need to feel good then stop, cos once to go past that stage you become a dickhead.....another way is to do what the French do and eat as you drink, this helps control getting blurred and sloppy and you'll enjoy the night much better.

A

Alone

:bigeye: haha.....you caught me before I could edit my post.
I thought it sounded abit judgemental so i worded it differently.
Too funny.
@Mr. Fastcast ~ No Samuel Smith or Samuel Doe can compete with Samuel Adams. LOL

The last time I had a Sam Adams,was in the mid 90's.

I spend more time picking out beer, then I do food.I really miss the beer caves in Minnesota.AKA walk in coolers.

If I had it my way,I would never drink an American made beer again,but that doesn't include the micro beers,of which I don't drink,mainly because I think the price is TOO high.

I have to add that,I think Corona is probably one of the worst offerings Mexico has to offer.On the other hand,I can't think of one beer from their I've had that was good.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
the secret for a great beer it's the water: less minerals=best beer.....also less ingredients make the best beer ;)

I agree with the first point, but the other 2 are 'just depends' kinda things. Burton on the Trent has water that's used by a major British brewery.. it's actually quite hard, but free of iron.. many U.S. brewerys alter their water composition to mimic water compositions of various famous brewing locations. Different minerals cause reactions with other ingredients.. for example.. when brewing an IPA, the addition of calcium will bring the hops more to the front of the flavor profile. Iron is the major offender mineral when it comes to brewing.. yeast hates it and it makes ur beer taste metalic (imagine that).. regarding less ingredients.. depends on the style.. a Scotch ale's grain bill is simply Pale ale malt with roasted barley.. on the other hand.. a Belgian dubbel usually has a very busy grain bill.. again.. it just depends..

mgk :tiphat:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I have to add that,I think Corona is probably one of the worst offerings Mexico has to offer.On the other hand,I can't think of one beer from their I've had that was good.

Try Negro Modelo.. it's a great beer.. one of the best examples of a Munich Lager in the world.. Almost all the brewing technology in Mexico originated from Germany and most of their styles mimic the Bavarian Lager type beers. But, boot Mexican beers are far and few between.. Negro Modelo is my favorite.

Try Negro Modelo.. it's a great beer.. one of the best examples of a Munich Lager in the world.. Almost all the brewing technology in Mexico originated from Germany and most of their styles mimic the Bavarian Lager type beers. But, boot Mexican beers are far and few between.. Negro Modelo is my favorite.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction.I will give them another chance,thanks to you:tiphat: Funny thing is ,is that I've seen that beer for many years too.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I know this is a bit off topic, but if there's one beer more than any other that I find utterly undrinkable is Corona.....I would rather drink watered down carbonated fish urine than that beer...hey, maybe I've just discovered Corona's recipe?

How can a country with a cuisine that is so close to my heart and stomach, a country that produces the world's best boxers that never give up and keep on coming produce a beer that to me totally is totally whimpy in every respect? it's so bad that alcoholics should be encouraged to drink it just so they can more easily give up booze!

Try the Modelo especial, when it's 103 degrees out it hits the spot.

TerpeneDream

Ohh I like the Samual Smiths! It's on of the rare stouts I do like, aloung with youngs double chocolate stout.

Chamba... Try New Belgiums Shift. Very light, yet small (ish) batch.

I like Descuets Mirror pond pale ale alot. In general I've setled into a not so hoppy ipa, or a kinda hopped pale ale. Mmm

Or, in the summer... Try 60% Lindemans Frambois ( sweet raspberry Belgian beer) with 40% Hoegaarden ( Belgian White) = RED HOE!!! It's an amazing spritzer type composed of beer. Mmm

Latest posts

Latest posts