What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Upstate NEW YORK Growers and General Conversation Thread

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Howdy fellow New Yorkers!

I have been seeing more and more folks from the area and figured it is time for us to have a thread of our own to chat and show off. I made this in the tokers den so we can talk about whatever is the fancy of the day.

Welcome to the Upstate New York Growers and general conversation thread!

What I am working on at the moment is last seasons Sour Bubble breeding project. Just popped seeds from all of the crosses.

Sour Bubble ( from a forum member) male pollinated the following:

Cherry Bang Bang
Blueberry Ice Pop
Maha's Mindblower
OGKB 2.0
And of course Sour Bubble.

From these crosses I am looking for an outstanding male and female from each line to cross with C99. This will be parent stock for some neat projects.

What have you all have going on for 2024?

20231101_114323.jpg
20231020_095411.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Also planned for this season is a Tropicana Cherry reversal. I will be making S1 seeds and also making feminized crosses from the reversed Trop Cherry to lots of fun stuff.

I quite like the Trop Cherry. It has interesting flavor, aromas, fantastic coloring, good yield, and a decent chassis to top it all off. Let's see what she can do in a cross...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Everything is being bred outdoors and should finish fine here. Testing will be done indoors as well.

I used plants that have performed well outdoors here for several seasons. Lots of crosses and interesting genetics coming.

Lots of friends have done the Tropicana Cherry outdoors here with great success so I have high hopes for that one as well.

jroadytoady

Can't wait to try Tropicana Cherry at some point - too many options, too little space and time.
@Lester Beans These Durban Poisons are from Nirvana so not pure. Here's 2 of the 3 I got going... one short and squat and the other nice and stretchy.

They're in 5 gallons of living soil and will hit 3 weeks of flower on Friday.

Attachments

• 20240306_105916.jpg
    20240306_105916.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240306_105548.jpg
    20240306_105548.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240306_110121.jpg
    20240306_110121.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240306_110022.jpg
    20240306_110022.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 20

jroadytoady

I can't wait to find a legit Durban myself - have the 80's Durban on the way and there's several others I've been eyeing. I tried the Dutch Passion version last summer but didn't get to properly finish due to all the damn rain - turned out dark purple, fruity, and Stoney (at first)... after a 6 month cure it has a bit more energy... but no where near where I feel it should be. @Lester Beans

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The Durban from Nirvana was genetics from Sam The Skunkman if I remember correctly. Durban x Skunk. Very solid strain. Grew many out years back but that was before Nirvana was sold so I can't be sure it's the same stuff. Most likely though.

Welcome y'all! I hope this thread lives long and prospers!

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
I am putting out a Durban Poison feminized seed plant that a pollen chucker made

I started a couple and they look good but we will see

I have to cull the herd as I can have 6 but have 54 so I may have a couple too many

I am going to be putting 21 Auto just because :) it is not good to have all your eggs in

one basket ;)

got a Lava Cake x Pressure that I am looking forward to trying

so many seeds hard to grow them all six at a time

Great thread and thank you @Lester Beans

S_M

The Baphomet

Veteran
Happy I found this thread , Its nice to see others here in NY with the same interest in growing . I have been living here in NY for 50 years and have ben growing for about 30 . We are in the upper Delaware region and will growing in a 12 X 20 ft green house . I just put some Zacateca tribute ,green mountain grape and mountain gold into germination . Also plan on popping some seeds selected from Afghanistan . The plants will be going out around the first week of may and will be going into 75 gallon fabric pots filled with a organic coco based mix ..

Old Piney

Did someone say Durban? I had one back in the day yeah man and do I miss it. I don't know if it was “legit” and don't care. I got it from the seed bank in 1986 it was called South African Dp34 .It grew like a dream here in NJ and matured mid to late September. Long fluffy sweet a so sticky and man did it pack a punch , you know lung expansion. I froze all my seeds in 1993 and didn't grow again till 2019 .I have other verities that turn out fine but some how I screwed up my Durban. I must have done some bad selection back then. I think I'm gonna try Nirvana’s Durban or a hybrid that TRSC has of it

The Baphomet

Veteran
Have you grown the Green Mountain Grape outdoors before @The Baphomet?

She starts flowering at 15 hours of light so Vermontman recommends putting outside after June 15th (for 43'N so might be a bit different for you) and giving extra N when putting outside.

I haven't grown out any seeds from him yet , I have seen Vermontman mention that about the purple Satellite ,and being the grape is a PS cross I can see how waiting till mid June is good advice
.Im actually more interested in the mountain gold and Zacateca tribute .. I have many cuts in my possession that I could run outdoors also , but this year I will be focusing on those along with some the afghan seeds I have ..

jroadytoady

I haven't grown out any seeds from him yet , I have seen Vermontman mention that about the purple Satellite ,and being the grape is a PS cross I can see how waiting till mid June is good advice
.Im actually more interested in the mountain gold and Zacateca tribute .. I have many cuts in my possession that I could run outdoors also , but this year I will be focusing on those along with some the afghan seeds I have ..

I have 3 Mountain Golds running right now - 3 weeks in flower. 1 smells very tropical and 2 smell like bubble gum. They are the tallest 3 in the pic.

20240308_094355.jpg

jroadytoady

Did someone say Durban? I had one back in the day yeah man and do I miss it. I don't know if it was “legit” and don't care. I got it from the seed bank in 1986 it was called South African Dp34 .It grew like a dream here in NJ and matured mid to late September. Long fluffy sweet a so sticky and man did it pack a punch , you know lung expansion. I froze all my seeds in 1993 and didn't grow again till 2019 .I have other verities that turn out fine but some how I screwed up my Durban. I must have done some bad selection back then. I think I'm gonna try Nirvana’s Durban or a hybrid that TRSC has of it

I'll be sure to post the result of these Nirvana Durban Poison here in 6 or 7 weeks.

Barely any smell on these so far... 3 weeks in flower today.

Latest posts

Latest posts