What's new

UPDATED:New Los Angeles Medical Marijuana Draft Ordinance

toohighmf

Veteran
RIchyrich you are right, I'm not hip on the verbiage used when a city or county drafts up new ordinances, city laws etc and what not. I guess I have been using the word legislate a bit loosely, but I think you get the point. L.A is pretty much encouraging the sale of med MJ, aside from trutanbitch and steven Fooley. Which is nice of them!

toohighmf

Veteran
“It makes no sense to play political football with people’s lives.” Then why are you trying to ban the sale of cannabis to medical patients? why are you trying to prosecute those trying to improve the lives of the suffering??? this guy is so full of shit! this whole ordinance to keep dispensaries at least 500' from public schools and library's is a joke. We all know that the best weed most can find on the street usually comes out of some punks locker! besides, kids don't even think pot is the ticket. they think its lame! they would rather sniff oxy and keester E these days. My 16 yo nephew brought me some ECSD the other day he got from school. he wanted to compare his buddies pot to his uncles. to be honest, the ECSD was really nice! I asked my Nephew if he thinks his buddy stole it from his dads med jar, and he said the kid had 1/8ths for sale so he didnt think so. perhaps Cooley should be going after high school students that are keeping the black market alive... I dunno..

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
RIchyrich you are right, I'm not hip on the verbiage used when a city or county drafts up new ordinances, city laws etc and what not. I guess I have been using the word legislate a bit loosely, but I think you get the point. L.A is pretty much encouraging the sale of med MJ, aside from trutanbitch and steven Fooley. Which is nice of them!

No worries. I only point things out as I see them. I got no "hard on" for bringing that to your attention.

I commend you on being able to admit that. It's a shame so few if any can here. I, too, can admit when I am incorrect. It's really not that hard. Too many here have pride issues.

anikas88

Hey BLUEDOT, what is your solution then? how do you suggest patients who cannot grow there own have a supply of meds? I agree that the price should be alot lower than what they are but if we keep restricting sales we keep prices up. Maybe you can grow free meds for patients blue dot, Ill send you my rec and my grandmothers rec who is dying of cancer and eating cannabis is the only way to help her eat.

richyrich

Veteran
Hey BLUEDOT, what is your solution then? how do you suggest patients who cannot grow there own have a supply of meds? I agree that the price should be alot lower than what they are but if we keep restricting sales we keep prices up. Maybe you can grow free meds for patients blue dot, Ill send you my rec and my grandmothers rec who is dying of cancer and eating cannabis is the only way to help her eat.

You bring up the same issue, the pickle of the situation no doubt. There is no immediate solution. Yet, some think the current situation is fine and do not realize that the majority of the MMJ retailers are shooting us all in the foot.

Sometimes there are no immediate solutions and it is hard to stomach. That does not justify the other means.

Even though this was not addressed to me, I did want to address the beaten dead horse question.

T

texsativa

Blue Cop, you are in the Hort Industry? you are so full of shit. Then why would you ever step foot into a dispensary? Why do you even care about any of this? How is it affecting you?

Tell us how you really feel.

Horticulture as in arresting people for marijuana charges, forgive me if I am wrong.

RichyRich, I'm curious to your use of risperdal. Was this prescribed to you for treatment of anxiety off label, or was this prescribed to a member of your family and you tried it? The thing is, although a side effect of the medication includes anxiety, it can also be used for aggressive behavior and I'm sure can knock out some anxiety as well.

The same goes for marijuana. It can provoke anxiety in some people, while alleviating anxiety in others. This includes smoked form.

The difference between using risperdal for anxiety and marijuana for anxiety is the side effect profile. The side effects for risperdal can be tremendous. In marijuana, not much really. Maybe a little avolition or introspection. However, you are in charge of your health, and can choose to use what medicine you want to use. Marijuana or risperdal may not be the best medication to use, but it can be used, and let that decision be made by the patient. The role of physician is to inform the risks and benefits, and let the patient take charge of their health. It actually facilitates healing, by allowing a patient to make decisions.

richyrich

Veteran
Horticulture as in arresting people for marijuana charges, forgive me if I am wrong.

RichyRich, I'm curious to your use of risperdal. Was this prescribed to you for treatment of anxiety off label, or was this prescribed to a member of your family and you tried it? The thing is, although a side effect of the medication includes anxiety, it can also be used for aggressive behavior and I'm sure can knock out some anxiety as well.

The same goes for marijuana. It can provoke anxiety in some people, while alleviating anxiety in others. This includes smoked form.

The difference between using risperdal for anxiety and marijuana for anxiety is the side effect profile. The side effects for risperdal can be tremendous. In marijuana, not much really. Maybe a little avolition or introspection. However, you are in charge of your health, and can choose to use what medicine you want to use. Marijuana or risperdal may not be the best medication to use, but it can be used, and let that decision be made by the patient. The role of physician is to inform the risks and benefits, and let the patient take charge of their health. It actually facilitates healing, by allowing a patient to make decisions.

Yes, I was prescribed a very low dose of Risperdal, .25mg, for off label use. After trying just about every SSRI on the market for my severe form of panic disorder, I tried it on the advice of my doctor. It works, but works too well. It's like a lobotomy in pill form. I could only imagine how the folks feel on the high doses for it's intended use--shudder. Have to stay away from the sativas and high sativa content hybrids when dealing with anxiety.

pugnacious

I have a great hate for pharma companies. I've been struggling with depression and severe insomnia since the age of 19. I was prescribed Remeron when I was 25. Which almost made me relapse on alcohol. For those who ever tried Remeron, it severely simulates a hang over type of feeling. So for those who ever had issues with alcoholism, that prescription has the potential to put you on that wagon. I take my sobriety from alcohol very seriously. And I honestly feel that marijuana gives me a balanced happy life.

Thats also why I have a hatred for prohibitionists.

But thats just me.

Just to let you guys know Im not a stoner or pothead. I smoke bud right before bed after my son goes to bed. I get an extra meal in and my insomnia is in check.

But I wont lie. Being high last night watching southpark was very fun.

MEXICANS AND ASIANS.... AND BLACK PEEEEOPLE...
Think I even saw a Native American... gross!

T

texsativa

Have to stay away from the sativas and high sativa content hybrids when dealing with anxiety.
:D Yes.

Yes, I was prescribed a very low dose of Risperdal, .25mg, for off label use. After trying just about every SSRI on the market for my severe form of panic disorder, I tried it on the advice of my doctor. It works, but works too well. It's like a lobotomy in pill form. I could only imagine how the folks feel on the high doses for it's intended use--shudder. Have to stay away from the sativas and high sativa content hybrids when dealing with anxiety.

I see, thank you. Did you try "cognitive behavioral therapy" with the SSRIs?

Risperdal is actually a pretty good drug given the benefits outweigh the risks...

toohighmf

Veteran
where was this when I was popping 6-8mg of klonopin every 4-6 hours of my 21 hour days?

Anyway back on topic..

are we waiting until tuesday now or are we gonna pick this apart some more?

pugnacious

I have a feeling that the idea of having a 400 dispensary cap (20 dispensaries per police precinct) is going to happen. I dont know much about the ordinance that West Hollywood has, but there is a good chance that LA is going to try to have a similar type.

But the idea of having a security guard patrol the streets of some of these dispensaries seems like its going to do way more harm than good.

richyrich

Veteran
I have a great hate for pharma companies. I've been struggling with depression and severe insomnia since the age of 19. I was prescribed Remeron when I was 25. Which almost made me relapse on alcohol. For those who ever tried Remeron, it severely simulates a hang over type of feeling. So for those who ever had issues with alcoholism, that prescription has the potential to put you on that wagon. I take my sobriety from alcohol very seriously. And I honestly feel that marijuana gives me a balanced happy life.

Thats also why I have a hatred for prohibitionists.

But thats just me.

Just to let you guys know Im not a stoner or pothead. I smoke bud right before bed after my son goes to bed. I get an extra meal in and my insomnia is in check.

But I wont lie. Being high last night watching southpark was very fun.

MEXICANS AND ASIANS.... AND BLACK PEEEEOPLE...
Think I even saw a Native American... gross!

Remeron landed me in the hospital for 2 days from a severe side effect. My kidneys would of been damaged if I had not gone to the ER. I was only on day 3 of trying Remeron for the first time.

richyrich

Veteran
where was this when I was popping 6-8mg of klonopin every 4-6 hours of my 21 hour days?

Anyway back on topic..

are we waiting until tuesday now or are we gonna pick this apart some more?

I have Klonopin still, too. I take 8 medications a day.

richyrich

Veteran
I have a feeling that the idea of having a 400 dispensary cap (20 dispensaries per police precinct) is going to happen. I dont know much about the ordinance that West Hollywood has, but there is a good chance that LA is going to try to have a similar type.

But the idea of having a security guard patrol the streets of some of these dispensaries seems like its going to do way more harm than good.

They will probably put some type of cap like you mention. And, soon the LAPD [edit] and Sheriffs are going to go on a raid escapade through out LA City and County. I don't think Cooley was joking. At this time, the law is on his side, regardless of what the LA City Council passes.

pugnacious

He might. But will have a huge amount of law suites in his hands. Obama issued a stand down, so I dont know any of these cases will play out in Federal Court. In local court judges will probably be throwing out cases left and right.

This is how I predict this situation. Ordinance will pass, dispensaries will have a window of time to shut down or comply with the ordinance. Those who dont will face Cooley.

Hes already threatened to go after the dispensaries who dont check patient recs.

B

Blue Dot

He might. But will have a huge amount of law suites in his hands. Obama issued a stand down, so I dont know any of these cases will play out in Federal Court. In local court judges will probably be throwing out cases left and right.

This is how I predict this situation. Ordinance will pass, dispensaries will have a window of time to shut down or comply with the ordinance. Those who dont will face Cooley.

215 or sb420 doesn't allow or protect D's.

it's ordinances from cites that tolerate them.

if cooley says they are against the ordinance that's all the feds need to prosecute that they are against state law since state law doesn't mention dispensaries.

comprende?

pugnacious

I went on the LA city council web site and downloaded tomorrows agenda. Looks like they are voting on which ordinance to amend. Allot of the things they are adding and replacing is still very strict and will have allot of dispensaries close down.

Could use a second opinion though.

Who knows? What happens if the city council doesnt all vote on this? More delays?

How long is this going to drag out before cooley does something?

pugnacious

215 or sb420 doesn't allow or protect D's.

it's ordinances from cites that tolerate them.

if cooley says they are against the ordinance that's all the feds need to prosecute that they are against state law since state law doesn't mention dispensaries.

comprende?

:moon:

Everything you stated is highly debatable in a court of law. You can't predict what every judge that handles these cases will say. Federal and local judges have ordered police to return bud and also ordered huge payments numerous times over the past few years.

His mentality of something "not being written therefor its illegal." will have a hard time in court. To me anyone that is supportive of that is utterly fucking retarded.

Cooley is going to waste the city and county of LA enormous amounts of resources and money.

Latest posts

Latest posts