What's new

Undocumented?

thegambler

After a flush last night, things looking great today. No new damage today and leaf angles tell me they are loving life right now.......

I believe it's from not shaking the containers, and just pouring out what sits at the top. That seems to be the opinion we are all leaning towards.

Grape God, 13 days in flowering.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 12
C

c-ray

I am a big fan of the leaf stem angles as a measurement of plant happiness.. they look good but am curious do you think they are getting enough Fe?

thegambler

They get their iron from my cal/mag additive and some additional from Botanicare Hydroplex which is a bloom additive. Never thought about adding more since they don't need much. The pics are taken thru Method Seven sunglasses, they can throw off the coloring of the pictures. Personally, I don't see a need to add much of anything right now.

B

BugJar

My well water fluctuates throughout the year. In the winter when we have not had much rain or snow it runs low, and picks up more deposits than usual. It will sometimes even run dry for an hour or two. Then it comes out looking like you shared your glass of water with a 2 year old that just ate pizza.:)

HILARIOUS

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I have a similar thing going on right now.......I'm guessing it's the Grotek Pro-Silicate. It's definitely not bugs. And the Protek is really the only NEW thing I've added to my grow. I never saw this problem before. Only at top of plants, and just a few of them right now.

Gambler did you foliar spray your plants at all?

FatherEarth

Veteran
Yea I have some leafs that look like the gambler's. Funny thing is I cant get leaf melt using protekt alone. I tried to OD a plant I was gonna toss out.. gave it 3 times the highest dosage recommended and the plant did not show the same signs with melting leaves. In fact all it did was stunt the growth. seems like its stopped growing for a bit. And yes flushing with just plain water, works. You got to flush more than the normal amounts recommended to flush. Ever feel what the silicate mix is like? Its silky slippery hard to wash off the hands. Same thing in the root zoone, takes a lot of water to get it out. Id say 5x as much minimum, depending on how much build up you have. I have some interesting pics of stem dissection and tests Ive been doing to try and pinpoint whats happening. I will be back with some info soon. Thanks Gambler, thats what I was looking for.

FE

FatherEarth

Veteran
Also, yea I never shake my protekt, it doesnt say I need to anywhere on the bottle. another factor I did not take into account is Im using a different bottle of protekt. The last one was nearing its end and had been open for over a year before I started really heavy use. . . The new bottle is the same age but has never been opened....

thegambler

Gambler did you foliar spray your plants at all?

No, I never foliar spray. It's 1 of three things, all associated with the GroTek Silica:

1. Bad batch from the manufacturer

2. Didn't shake it and didn't get an even distribution of the contents

3. Overdose from not paying attention

I haven't used it since and plan on throwing it out. I'm going back to my original brand, which I never had an issue with. After some flushing, there hasn't been anymore damage and the plants are doing fine.

Last edited: