What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but even in a 4x4 tent i would run a 6 out and a 4 in....even with all the vents open on a tent i could never get enough intake air to keep the sides from sucking in badly...but with a 6 out and 4 in with a 4x4 tent i had a nice balance with enough neg pressure to suck the sides of the tent in just a bit...

on my main flower room which is 12x8x7 i run two 6x24 carbon filters on 6 inch active air with a 6 and 4 inch fan for intake...that keeps the smell well contained in the room and so far seems to keep the plants happy...gonna upgrade to a 8x30 carbon filter and 8 inch fan for one of the fan filter set ups though....glue stinks....

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
but even in a 4x4 tent i would run a 6 out and a 4 in....even with all the vents open on a tent i could never get enough intake air to keep the sides from sucking in badly...but with a 6 out and 4 in with a 4x4 tent i had a nice balance with enough neg pressure to suck the sides of the tent in just a bit...

on my main flower room which is 12x8x7 i run two 6x24 carbon filters on 6 inch active air with a 6 and 4 inch fan for intake...that keeps the smell well contained in the room and so far seems to keep the plants happy...gonna upgrade to a 8x30 carbon filter and 8 inch fan for one of the fan filter set ups though....glue stinks....

Just think what my 100 gallon gorilla smells like outside.......

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah , normally with a 6" exhaust ... you need 12" of passive intake .,but forced intake you need less than 6" .... you need less CFM's blowing in then you have pulling out or you create positive pressure . its a fine balance of air flow .

a 4 x 4 room with an air cooled & exhausted hood ... i use a 6 x 24 filter 6" ho fan then blow the air through the hood & out of the room . intake i have is 6" boost fan forced in . its works very well . but i also have a gap at the floor of the door/flap to let passive air in .
my flower room is FAR from normal !!!! so many different variables to deal with up here it ain't funny . i had 2 6" exhausts & 2 6" passive intakes & the intakes couldn't bring enough air in untill i made one of the fan forced . now its working fine . I could have gone with 2 8" or 10" intakes passive .... but that woulda been alot more work & money spent .... the 6" fan was a good enough addition to bring my temps down to what i needed .

wow thats to much thinkin this early in the morning !!!! :)

Mornin fellaz :coffee:

I passed a mile stone of 10k reps sometime yesterday :dance013:
thought that was pretty cool & only 2 neg reps !!!

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im surprised you can smell anything over the goat!:biggrin:

yeah , normally with a 6" exhaust ... you need 12" of passive intake .,but forced intake you need less than 6" .... you need less CFM's blowing in then you have pulling out or you create positive pressure . its a fine balance of air flow .

a 4 x 4 room with an air cooled & exhausted hood ... i use a 6 x 24 filter 6" ho fan then blow the air through the hood & out of the room . intake i have is 6" boost fan forced in . its works very well . but i also have a gap at the floor of the door/flap to let passive air in .

wow thats to much thinkin this early in the morning !!!! :)

Mornin fellaz :coffee:

I passed a mile stone of 10k reps sometime yesterday :dance013:
thought that was pretty cool & only 2 neg reps !!!
lol,with hammer gone i moved to number 2 on the rep list,if i can just get rid of stoner4life i will be king of utterly meaningless mountain!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
.gonna upgrade to a 8x30 carbon filter and 8 inch fan for one of the fan filter set ups though....glue stinks....

Doc ... your neighbors either hate you or LOVE you .... it could go either way :)

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
HVAC should be here in the next hour or so. Hopefully we're back up and running soon as I can't fathom the thought of complete meltdown.

Should be hitting 15,000 pretty soon here myself. I heard that gets you special co-conspirator charges with Gypsy.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Alright guys....need your opinions. I currently have a 4x4 tent in a 10x10 bedroom that im going to be flowering 4 ladies in a 3x3 tray. Last run i simply had a 400w super sun 2 reflector in there with 2 ladies and pulled a tad over 12ozs.....6in fan pulling through can 33 exhaust and passive intake (temps stayed around 78-80 with lights on).....heres my concern

I want to add more lighting in there since ill be having 2 more plants thus having a larger footprint. I have another 400w batwing reflector/ballast combo and a 250w reflector/ballast combo...which would you recommend throwing in there?

I feel like the 250 wouldnt give an even spread of light and id have some larfy areas due to lack of penetration. With another 400w im afraid the temps will get too hot in there, as the single 400 had temps around 78 or 80. Im trying to avoid spending anything else this run (a 600w, another fan, etc). I have central AC to that room, which keeps the bedroom around 70 degrees and also a window (although id really prefer to keep the windows sealed up).....HELP!

Sorry for all the rambling....ladies are starting to get big and wanna flip em soon! thanks!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HVAC should be here in the next hour or so. Hopefully we're back up and running soon as I can't fathom the thought of complete meltdown.

good luck brutha .... i have my fingers crossed for a quick easy fix !!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, you did mention that to me. im trying to avoid purchasing anything this go around otherwise id probably just pony up some cash and get a decent 600

I hear that !!!! the offer stands if ya change yer mind :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Should be hitting 15,000 pretty soon here myself. I heard that gets you special co-conspirator charges with Gypsy.

that sucks about the a/c,hope it gets fixed quick!

well crap,im in trouble then,im about to 32000 myself!

Alright guys....need your opinions. I currently have a 4x4 tent in a 10x10 bedroom that im going to be flowering 4 ladies in a 3x3 tray. Last run i simply had a 400w super sun 2 reflector in there with 2 ladies and pulled a tad over 12ozs.....6in fan pulling through can 33 exhaust and passive intake (temps stayed around 78-80 with lights on).....heres my concern

I want to add more lighting in there since ill be having 2 more plants thus having a larger footprint. I have another 400w batwing reflector/ballast combo and a 250w reflector/ballast combo...which would you recommend throwing in there?

I feel like the 250 wouldnt give an even spread of light and id have some larfy areas due to lack of penetration. With another 400w im afraid the temps will get too hot in there, as the single 400 had temps around 78 or 80. Im trying to avoid spending anything else this run (a 600w, another fan, etc). I have central AC to that room, which keeps the bedroom around 70 degrees and also a window (although id really prefer to keep the windows sealed up).....HELP!

Sorry for all the rambling....ladies are starting to get big and wanna flip em soon! thanks!
with winter coming i would think you should be able to get away with it,using the 400 that is...or maybe try having the lights come on in an alternating pattern of 2 hours on per lamp then switch to the other lamp for 2 hours until your 12 hour light cycle is done.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
I think i mentioned this to you before but ..... my buddy is running 2 400's in a 4x 4 tent also . how he does that & not have cooling problems or hood fitment problems is he uses 2 27" cooltubes side by side . its working very well for him .
you can get the cooltubes on Ebay for around 60$ a piece .
to bad yer not closer to me .... i have 3 of them in my closet not being used anymore .
Pay for the shipping & you can have them . hit me up by PM if you want to do this .

See this is exactly what im talkin about! This thread is full of quality people. I appreciate the offer dans, but you definitely dont have to do that for me.

Do you think with increased fresh air (maybe create a window setup like yours, as it gets cold here now) i could get by without air cooling?

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Dans, on your window setup...did you say you added a fan to the intake? if so, how did ya keep the blinds from suckin in haha. i think it might look a little funny if my blinds are suckin in during winter LOL

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
with winter coming i would think you should be able to get away with it,using the 400 that is...or maybe try having the lights come on in an alternating pattern of 2 hours on per lamp then switch to the other lamp for 2 hours until your 12 hour light cycle is done.
WOULDENT THAT STILL B 400w of light just left & right lighting >?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well yes,of course,its a compromise between lamp coverage and heat management,but its a well understood technique often used in larger gardens.since the plants are still getting side lighting on the unlit side they are still doing their thing but the loss of efficiency isnt as bad as you think...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you think with increased fresh air (maybe create a window setup like yours, as it gets cold here now) i could get by without air cooling?

Hell yeah !!! why run AC when its cold outside !!!

Dans, on your window setup...did you say you added a fan to the intake? if so, how did ya keep the blinds from suckin in haha. i think it might look a little funny if my blinds are suckin in during winter LOL

lol ... it doesn't draw that hard WL ..... plus the plywood is there to keep them from drawing in more than an inch or so . i constantly look at my window to see if it looks funny cuz its on the front of the house . don't need vents showing during the winter .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclefishstick View Post

it would be like having 1 light on a track mover .

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Hell yeah !!! why run AC when its cold outside !!!

lol ... it doesn't draw that hard WL ..... plus the plywood is there to keep them from drawing in more than an inch or so . i constantly look at my window to see if it looks funny cuz its on the front of the house . don't need vents showing during the winter .

interesting....i think ill have to give it a shot! So you just leave your window cracked a little bit?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:party:1000 !

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

cake and punch are being served on the patio!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glue....lol you know,caked in trichs,and feels like getting punched in the brain by the sour monster!

i picked the perfect route to ride today,i had to go to wally world so i went 12 miles out of my way to get there...i rolled over 1000 miles just as i was turning into the neighborhood so im sure the neighbors were wondering why i was riding up the street giving the double victory salute like i just won a tour stage! lol...its fun being insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.