What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: lol,if yer lookin for a snatch just reach into yer pants there sally!:biggrin:

just about time to rally forth here,nothing like a little light towing to start the day...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man i tell yah,i picked an expensive hobby,or it picked me,or whatever the heck is going on here....so many projects...i suppose the smart thing to do is get the new rooms done since thats the only hobby i have that pays for itself:plant grow:.....at least for now....you wait,im gonna be able to write the bike stuff off on taxes one of these days....work vehicle and all...:biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yesterdays trip.....still a few more miles of road in front of me....i love my ogre,but it is just too much to handle in the rough stuff,or rather i end up getting so beaten up it starts to make my bad shoulder/both elbows/one wrist/and a few fucked up fingers hurt like crazy....

im looking at three options...

first one is the cheapest....just get a new set of tires and abandon using the ogre as a dirt road/off road platform for touring,i can get a set of tires that will roll well on the road and still allow me to go on maintained dirt roads...be about 100 bux give or take...

second,put a front fork on it....6-700 dollars....bad side,no more front rack possible,something else to break,next to impossible to fix in the field...good side is it will pretty well deal with the handling issues,it can be locked out on the road or just cranked up high...

third, fatten it up... go with a 2.5 tire on the back,and get a rabbit hole rim and a 3" knard tire for the front,i can still swap it out to road mode easily with a change of front wheel and tires,still gonna be 5-600 bux...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I'm like you unk, I love my rigid old girl but once you hit the rough stuff it literally becomes a major pain in the arse, arms legs and joints. On smooth singletrack barrelling down hills an what not the rigids hold there ground and handle very well, but throw in rough terrain, jumps and technical switchbacks and the body is begging for full suspension.
Hoping to get better setup this year (bloody kids ;) ) and harvest an grow right through the winter and maybe get lucky and get stuck with some glue to stink out the whole neighbour hood not just my street :yoinks:
puff puff pass
:smoke out:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yesterdays trip.....still a few more miles of road in front of me....i love my ogre,but it is just too much to handle in the rough stuff,or rather i end up getting so beaten up it starts to make my bad shoulder/both elbows/one wrist/and a few fucked up fingers hurt like crazy....

im looking at three options...
4th option would be to ..... suck it up buttercup !!! :biggrin:

Sally huh ???? :thinking: :bat:

wassup brutha b00m !!!! :tiphat:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
A week without a computer and I realise just how much time I waste on the Damn thing.

So I'm at the bar on my phone lol...

Where the fuck is Milo when ya need him?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only thing i miss about the bar is the pool tables & the Dart tourneys . places i hung in .... the barmaid was prolly the best lookin thing in the place :bigeye:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Holy Crap Dans..............thats a nice seed collection you have there :yoinks:

I have been procrastinating on my seed order cause I cannot make up my mind as to what I want :thinking:

Evening Y'all!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
not as many as it looks unreg .... theres alot of doubles & a couple tripple packs in there . plus the 5 seed packs ..... but yeah , i'll have quite a few new to me genetics coming out in the next couple years lol

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
BH#1 BH#1 BH#3 BH#4 BH#4 IM Done with my testers Bourder Haze, I got 3 females out of 6 seeds not to bad. BH#1 ,BH#4, were my keepers. smoke rep. a little later.
ps.BH #1 went almost 12 weeks.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
CK#3 CK#3 CK#5 CK#4 CK#4. Caliente Kong another tester went 9 -10 weeks CK#3 & #5 were my keepers. this stuff stinks not in a good way lol
smoke rep. a little later.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm like you unk, I love my rigid old girl but once you hit the rough stuff it literally becomes a major pain in the arse, arms legs and joints. On smooth singletrack barrelling down hills an what not the rigids hold there ground and handle very well, but throw in rough terrain, jumps and technical switchbacks and the body is begging for full suspension.
Hoping to get better setup this year (bloody kids ) and harvest an grow right through the winter and maybe get lucky and get stuck with some glue to stink out the whole neighbour hood not just my street :yoinks:
puff puff pass
it just climbs so much nicer than the camber up hills,plus the ogre just seems so bomb proof...

4th option would be to ..... suck it up buttercup !!!

Sally huh ????

wassup brutha b00m !!!!
lol,you get off the couch before you say that mister!!

A week without a computer and I realise just how much time I waste on the Damn thing.

So I'm at the bar on my phone lol...

Where the fuck is Milo when ya need him?
has a priest and a rabbi walked in?
The only thing i miss about the bar is the pool tables & the Dart tourneys . places i hung in .... the barmaid was prolly the best lookin thing in the place :bigeye:
no here...you get the feeling that somewhere theres a bridge with no troll guarding it....

Certainly not looking for skirt. Got what I want at home.

50 taps of micro brew however I don't have at home...

....yet....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh,and im going with the cheap option,i will just get a handlebar bag,seat bag,two small gear bags and a small frame pack for the camber and use that to dirt tour since all those bags will transfer right over to a pugsley or the ogre just fine...

killed 3 cindy99 maleslooks like just one girl,but if shes like the last one than it will be pineapple goodness once again...

Grizz

Veteran
I washed and waxed my beech cruiser today, looks real nice sitting in the garage, maybe I will ride it this year, at least to the liquor store.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I washed and waxed my beech cruiser today, looks real nice sitting in the garage, maybe I will ride it this year, at least to the liquor store.
pimp that sucker out! go down to walmart and grab a couple strips of led lights for it!:pimp3:
i need to rack up the ogre and give it a going over,i have a new chain for it and fresh brake pads,plus its pretty dirty again...
still need to swap in the new handlebars on the roadbike,should have the camber back tomorrow:dance013:

Status
Not open for further replies.