What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Veteran
I stopped getting hangovers when i realized that a big glass of water and a multi vitamin b4 bed prevents them.

New years resolution. Get some Unclefish beans in 2014 if possible.
No. Im not talkin about violating tou.

I hope to get gg4 x straw diesel, but ill take whatever:biggrin:

Other beans I want this year are Workingmans Dank by HL, Top dawg/money mike stuff, bodhi, Tierra rojos, and possibly something from Cobcoop. Also im very hopeful to see regular Gorrila Glue seeds, Jah willing.

Josey, any balls on the tall one yet??:smoke:
no pappy the tall one is a female and the middle one is female, the short one hasent shown yet.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
both the phat and phresh filters have worked well for me...

a few pics from yesterday....

on top of the pass for the first time...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

the campground road....still have to pedal in to about the middle of the pic in the darker area at the base of the mountains,only about 5 miles,but the very steepest climbing comes right at the end....

picture.php
[/FONT]

at the campground...ironically at this point if you drew a straight line to my house its probably only 5 miles away,less than 10 at any rate....but 20 odd miles and another 1100 feet of climbing to do to get home...
picture.php
[/FONT]

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy New Year & good morning SUKers :coffee:

nope ....no hangovers here , we're not drinkers . but i smoked the hell outa some GG again last night & never made it to midnight !! :biggrin:

3rd ..... i hope ya have the snowblower ready !!!! hell your probably already dealing with it !! its supposed to start tonight here .... 8 to 12" forecasted .... 40 straight hours of snow to contend with !!! Ughhhhh :wallbash: :freezing:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc ..... thats what you desert rats call a campgrounds ????

i'll stick to the adirondack mountain or green mountian sites !! I like the woods , not a rock quary with a steel shelter !!! lol

picture.php

picture.php

now thats camping my friend ! & man do i wish i was there right now !!!! :shucks:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,yeah,thats still 3-400 feet below the tree line,you have to get above 6000 ft for the trees to really be even vaguely "forest-y"...we dont have much in the way of hardwood forest around here,im easily 2-3 days riding from the nearest proper forest where there may even be actual running water....the desert is a different place,it took me a long time to appreciate the sparse beauty of it...it was pretty clear out yesterday so i could see out 60-80 miles,really puts things in perspective...you can kind of get a sense of that from the pics,especially the second one,the sort of huge vastness of the terrain,those mountains stick up almost a mile above the surrounding area,i have spent countless days exploring back in that basin,probably only have seen 1/10 of it...super complex very rough country....been on many an epic back there...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc ..... thats what you desert rats call a campgrounds ????

i'll stick to the adirondack mountain or green mountian sites !! I like the woods , not a rock quary with a steel shelter !!! lol

View Image

View Image

now thats camping my friend ! & man do i wish i was there right now !!!! :shucks:

sorry,whats that? i couldnt hear you over the sound of constant rainfall and the mosquitos!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't get me wrong , i love the pics & the terrain out there . would be a great place to take the scoot out for a ride to check out the scenery , but thats just not MY idea of camping . i love the lakes & forests ! birds chirping little critters running around an occasional dear or black bear , hoot owls hooting after it gets dark , waking up at dawn to go down to the lake with a fatty in my mouth & fishing pole in my hand .
damn my cabin fever is getting to me already & its only Jan 1st !!! probably cuz of all the snow clean up i'm going to have to do in the next 3 days :wallbash:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry,whats that? i couldnt hear you over the sound of constant rainfall and the mosquitos!

lol .... better than having to wear a dust mask to keep the sand outa my mouth !!! :biggrin:

& i'll give ya the mosquito thing .... they can be a PIA :shucks:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
:bigeye: hows the hangovers today fellas?
probably not too many with this crowd...
feeling pretty good myself all things considered...might not be too enthused about getting back on a bike,but i bet i get an hour in today anyway...
no hangeover here only had 1 beer.
I thought when I woke up something would be different since its a new year, but no, same old shit,
happy 2014 knuckle heads .

you guys dident pic up on the post I made last night, thread in strains and hy breds, best strain of 2013. think there was like 7 post. all saying GSC.

what do they know? GSC OR GG? unless u have both? those that do say GG.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't get me wrong , i love the pics & the terrain out there . would be a great place to take the scoot out for a ride to check out the scenery , but thats just not MY idea of camping . i love the lakes & forests ! birds chirping little critters running around an occasional dear or black bear , hoot owls hooting after it gets dark , waking up at dawn to go down to the lake with a fatty in my mouth & fishing pole in my hand .
damn my cabin fever is getting to me already & its only Jan 1st !!! probably cuz of all the snow clean up i'm going to have to do in the next 3 days :wallbash:
the desert only looks barren but in truth its every bit as alive as the forest,and just a different set of critters,here the nights are alive with coyotes and a whole set of critters that hide from the sun during the day,theres plenty of birds here year round and its on many flyways for all sorts of hummingbirds and butterflies...

i can tell you one place the desert has most everywhere else trumped is the night sky,easy to get away from city lights and the air is super clear..

lol .... better than having to wear a dust mask to keep the sand outa my mouth !!! :biggrin:

& i'll give ya the mosquito thing .... they can be a PIA :shucks:
you should see the giant eye boogers i get on windy days,i grant you that part sucks,and it is a rocky bitch everywhere!
but then again,i am out in shorts on jan1st so its a trade off...

DONT GET ME STARTED ON CAMPING.
winter camping is fun too,just requires different gear,you only stop yourself...ive camped out at -40....bivied right on the snow at -10....3 week rainstorms tentbound playing solitaire..

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I like the higher elevation backpacking, in areas like this that take more advanced abilities to reach, thus keep out the general public.(This is up above, and behind Kirkwood Meadows ski resort at 8000-9000' elevation)
picture.php

The lake is loaded with brook trout. We caught hunderds every time we went.

I did a snow packing adventure to this same lake with a high school church group as a kid. I fell deep into a snow drift, and had to have my pack removed from, before they could extract me. Some in the group got severly sun burned due to the reflection off the snow. One Redheaded guy was wearing his tiddy whities over his head and face, He had big blisters. Fuk that sno shit :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I went trout fishing this morning in a city stream. Limited out (5) in 30 minutes. It's quite comical when I started snapping heads and pealing the trout like a banana and then watch people try to do the same. They end up holding a hand full of mushy fish lmao. I did have a couple ask me to show them how I do it my way and a few more ask why I was ruining the trout by removing the skin. My reply was I'll be eating boneless filet while you are still picking through the bones and spitting scales lol

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats beautiful Doc !!!! i'd love to get out on the west coast & check out the mountains !!! maybe someday .

3rd ..... you burried out there ???

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
the desert only looks barren but in truth its every bit as alive as the forest,and just a different set of critters,here the nights are alive with coyotes and a whole set of critters that hide from the sun during the day,theres plenty of birds here year round and its on many flyways for all sorts of hummingbirds and butterflies...

winter camping is fun too,just requires different gear,you only stop yourself...ive camped out at -40....bivied right on the snow at -10....3 week rainstorms tentbound playing solitaire..

IVE done my shear of winter camping when I use to hunt Bear Deer & wild hogs in the N GA Mountains ,20-30s .it's just not as much fun now days lol

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

(what Third said - sneakin' in on me there, bugman!)

I just shoveled for the third time, and I'm not terribly sure why. I tell myself that four two-or-three-inch shovels are better'n trying to deal with 6-8" all at once.

I've been smiling every time I see them shovel the snow off the ice during the hockey game. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts