What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick Goes To Mars!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I used to even use mh during the flush to add more frost and density at the end, but the results were nothing compared to the QBs. Probably 50% denser and 25% more trichs. I was a naysayer during the blurple craze (except for veg) , but now I am genuinely impressed. I've got you guys to thank for that.:tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Scrog is deffo the way to max led grows, you're gonna get some gpw numbers there

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
week 2 of 12/12 done...definitely flowering now,gonna start ramping the nutes up as things progress...seems like the stretch is more or less over...lamp has been lowered to about 18 inches above the tops,no sign of plant stress...

on a side note my mars hydro 4x8 tent arrived...haven't set it up but looks to be of good quality like the 5x5...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
had the good camera out today...

not bad frost for 16 days of 12/12....mac1 caps cut
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

nickman

Veteran
Yeah, nice and frosty for 16 days 12/12...

Is that normal for those strains to be finished with their stretch at only 16 days into 12/12...?...
Or do you contribute that to the light your using...

I guess that can be good or bad depending on what your looking for outta that particular strain...!!!...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, nice and frosty for 16 days 12/12...

Is that normal for those strains to be finished with their stretch at only 16 days into 12/12...?...
Or do you contribute that to the light your using...

I guess that can be good or bad depending on what your looking for outta that particular strain...!!!...
i would expect the main part of stretch to be over around then no matter the lighting and over by three weeks...in general...the sunset grows like a vine so it will keep filling in for a bit yet,the mac1 just sort of fills in as it goes,the pbb is pretty leggy...i have been doing plenty of tucking and weaving to get the screen as full as possible,to get leds to yield well i think an even canopy that's nice and dense helps a bunch...

but in my limited experience with leds and veg is the plants stay compact and tightly noded which i like since i run 9 plants in a 4x4 area.instead of getting tall they get bushy

renne

I almost pulled the trigger and ordered one last night but like you say ask you at harvest, I'm gonna wait to see how things turn out for you, I'm def gonna get a led before summer it looking like either the Mars 3000 or hlg 500v2

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I almost pulled the trigger and ordered one last night but like you say ask you at harvest, I'm gonna wait to see how things turn out for you, I'm def gonna get a led before summer it looking like either the Mars 3000 or hlg 500v2

clearly the mars hydro panel wins on cost,there's no doubt about that,and so far it's doing a great job of growing plants.

i'm just about done with trimming the last round from the hlg room and i'm for sure going to have my best gpw ever,and it worked out the two spaces are more or less in sync with the same three strains in both...so we shall see...

i haven't had a chance or reason to set up my new mars hydro 4x8 tent but i'm sure it's as nice as the 5x5 and i'm gonna get a 2x4 soon.

so for someone looking to set up a small personal grow it seems like a good place to start since you can get a tent and a light for a very reasonable cost.

Ruby_Abu

TS3000 is almost half of the price of HLG550. I would go with Mars if my pocket is tight. :tiphat:

renne

Why is it labeled HLG 500 v2 on amazon but everywhere else including HLG's website it's 550?
Everything is exactly the same.

renne

Why is it labeled HLG 500 v2 on amazon but everywhere else including HLG's website it's 550?
Everything is exactly the same.

Latest posts

Latest posts