What's new

Ultra Sonja Test Grow (harvest)

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
Well hello there everyone *waves*

Hi Steele. I didn't drop off the edge of the world after all.

I've been away, after my girlfriend decided to sabotage as much of my life as she possibly could and deleted my icmag account (and numerous other things which might be gris for the mill in another forum at another time, but not for here and now heh). It's taken me a while to resume some regular life activities and setup my grow room, while my friend managed to squeeze my Grindhouse Gurlzz into a corner of his room.

Considering what they've been through in their short life I will share with you my amazement at how they have turned out.

So, I was that nipplecrippler bloke that Steel sent some Ultra-Sonja seeds, to do a test run. I've pieced together a really basic photo time-line, unfortunately my other pics were deleted by my Miss. Wonderful :spank: as part of her tantrum. Oh well, here we go...

24/05/08 – seeds soaked
26/05/08 – all 7 popped
28/05/08 – pics
04/06/08 – day 9 veg pics
06/07/08 – day 4 flower pics
06/09/08 – day 66 flower pics
20/09/08 - day 80 (us2) harvest pics
22/09/08 - day 82 (us3, us7) harvest pics

more to come....

59892bob-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

cornflake

Veteran
I'll fill in all the missing info as soon as I can, I'm doing a bit of a staggered harvest, us2 came down 2 days ago, today us3 and us7 are getting the chop today (am just taking some final pre-chop chop pics).

All grown in coco and just finished a 7 day flush....

:rasta: thank you so so much steel, it's a very very nice smoke :rasta:

OK, now for some pics. Here's seedling shots from May 28, '08.

Nice fresh seeds, 5 from 7 popped in 24hrs, the other 2 popped the following day.

I vegged for 1 month and then triggered 12/12.

The ultra sonjas loved it :rasta:

Within 2 weeks I find 6 from 7 are females. As time passes it appears we have 4 different phenos of ultra sonjas to play with.

A quick shot or two of flower day 4 -

US#1

US#2

US#3

US#4

US#5

US#6

US#7

Last edited:

cornflake

Veteran
Day 66 Flower Pics

Day 66 Flower Pics

I had to move house for a couple of months, which meant my girls needed a home. My good friend Joe offered a corner of his room, which meant we'd have to lose alot of lower branching to fit in around his indicas, and around the walls.

No pics of this as he's very careful :bashhead:

I think I can start to discuss what I think are 4 different phenos, but if Steele you could share your thoughts on what I'm thinking?

- indica pheno (1 plant)
- conehead pheno (3 plants)
- purple pheno (1 plant)
- Brazilian pheno (1 plant)

1. Indica Pheno? - leaves are broader, smaller, less trich coverage and smell is different (will elaborate shortly). Very very hard nugs, and big.

2. Conehead Pheno? -

This one seems to me to be same as other 2 but is looser, very foxtailed. My us#2 is same conehead pheno but very tight nugs, so maybe not same pheno?

3.Purple Pheno? - looks same as conehead pheno except that it has clear purple lines visible on stem, branching and leaves.

Will find a clear pic shortly.....

4. Brazillian Pheno? - this pheno is extremely tightly packed buds, and unlike the georgeous red hairs of the other phenos this seems to be bald (almost). Hence the pheno type :rasta:

\Check it's main cola....

Focus on the above pic, see the little bud growing on the fan leaf? This is not a photoshop, and not a superglue job. That leaf is growing a cola lol :laughing:

More to come, I must get back to chopchop...

Last edited:

Ickis

Veteran
Wow that one silverery colas shot is awesome.

She couldn't take the nipplecrippling anymore could she?

G

guest3854

Hey NCrippler , very cool to see yas 'round again .... was wondering what happened to yas .... Just tried copying pics , but had a problem , you should be able to post with no problems if you go to tha "go advanced" reply , taking you to yer posting and gallery page , where you can select yer pics and post .

After reviewing tha photos in yer gallery , I must say , DAMN .... y'all did a very nice job with 'em . Tha fathers used will be different in tha "official" release , however we are VERY well versed in what to expect from them . It's tha female UK Cheese and it's transfer of terps and resin profile that we're most interested in , as tha goal of this cross is to bring that full funky terp and tha super gnarly , sticky icky , intense , resin concentration . Are you plants exhibiting tha stankiness from tha Cheese ? Are tha resins gumming up yer scissors and arms while manicuring and caretaking ? They look like a perfect blend of tha parents , Sonja giving tha Cheese WAY more yield potential . How are tha aromas coming off 'em .... more subtle or reeking , herbal and funky ? In yer opinion , which of tha two parents are dominating in this department ? All yer insight is extremely helpful .....

Again , tha fathers are changing in tha "official" release , giving way fer a more sativa architecture , both in high and structure . Tha Tang Tang males that will be used are super herbaly , sporting huge golden trichs and that quality "Cloud 9" head , that this and tha Sonja line are known for .

Thanks fer sharing yer experience thus far with 'em , lookin' forward to tha smoke report ,
Steele

cornflake

Veteran
Ickis said:
Wow that one silverery colas shot is awesome.

She couldn't take the nipplecrippling anymore could she?

Man Steele has said it straight. These gals are so packed with trichs and so stanky and sticky to handle, I keep a rag with iso on it to wipe my hands every 5-10 minutes or it becomes impossible to work with :bashhead:

She liked the nipplecripples but she didn't like my friends being here all the time, which I love. What are ya gonna do? :badday:

Thanks for dropping by.

cornflake

Veteran
Steele Savage said:
Hey NCrippler , very cool to see yas 'round again .... was wondering what happened to yas .... Just tried copying pics , but had a problem , you should be able to post with no problems if you go to tha "go advanced" reply , taking you to yer posting and gallery page , where you can select yer pics and post .

After reviewing tha photos in yer gallery , I must say , DAMN .... y'all did a very nice job with 'em . Tha fathers used will be different in tha "official" release , however we are VERY well versed in what to expect from them . It's tha female UK Cheese and it's transfer of terps and resin profile that we're most interested in , as tha goal of this cross is to bring that full funky terp and tha super gnarly , sticky icky , intense , resin concentration . Are you plants exhibiting tha stankiness from tha Cheese ? Are tha resins gumming up yer scissors and arms while manicuring and caretaking ? They look like a perfect blend of tha parents , Sonja giving tha Cheese WAY more yield potential . How are tha aromas coming off 'em .... more subtle or reeking , herbal and funky ? In yer opinion , which of tha two parents are dominating in this department ? All yer insight is extremely helpful .....

Again , tha fathers are changing in tha "official" release , giving way fer a more sativa architecture , both in high and structure . Tha Tang Tang males that will be used are super herbaly , sporting huge golden trichs and that quality "Cloud 9" head , that this and tha Sonja line are known for .

Thanks fer sharing yer experience thus far with 'em , lookin' forward to tha smoke report ,
Steele

Steele man I love to bear witness to the power of the human spirit, which I see happening here. I'll support positive human actions whenever I can.

The great work you and other breeders are doing to further the knowledge, the strain availability, and getting it into the hands of those in need deserves support.

I want people to know what to expect from Ultra Sonjas :rasta:

Smoke reports coming. All I've smoked of ultras so far is a bud I picked a week ago and rush dried, so I may hold back until I have something a bit drier more naturally.

I'll have to spend some time describing the smells coming from these gurlz. One has a great fruity aroma, another smells like disinfectant mixed with something lol. hang in there champ.

Here's some shots of us#2, harvested 2 days ago....

Won't be long and we''l test drive some conehead pheno :rasta:

G

guest3854

Hella lookin' forward to yer descriptions of aromas from each of tha phenos and effects from each plant , CornFlake . I really dig that fox tailed girl and yer #4 plant , which I would more appropriately call tha Cheese pheno (at least from an appearance prospective) . Cheese has minimal pistil production and in my experience , has that silvery , open structured appearance . Really anxious to hear more about tha aromas and tha smoke report . Goin through yer gallery , I didn't get to tha vegged plants , so it's way killer to check out . Some folks may say " oh , veg plants , big deal" , but it really is .... as I can compare veg growth to both tha parents more closely . (Very important to me.) In post #3 , can you tell me what plant it is that is in veg , corresponding with post #2 (hope i worded that well enough fer you to understand , lol)

Anyhow , dry 'em nice an' slow , no reason to rush shit , this far in tha game (I'm sure you know this , just gotta put it out there) We're all lookin' forward to seein' how they compare to my expected results .

Be well ,
Steele

Eggman

Those are some nice little girls you have there CF. Looking forward to popping these and giving them a run.

cornflake

Veteran
Steele Savage said:
Hella lookin' forward to yer descriptions of aromas from each of tha phenos and effects from each plant , CornFlake . I really dig that fox tailed girl and yer #4 plant , which I would more appropriately call tha Cheese pheno (at least from an appearance prospective) . Cheese has minimal pistil production and in my experience , has that silvery , open structured appearance . Really anxious to hear more about tha aromas and tha smoke report . Goin through yer gallery , I didn't get to tha vegged plants , so it's way killer to check out . Some folks may say " oh , veg plants , big deal" , but it really is .... as I can compare veg growth to both tha parents more closely . (Very important to me.) In post #3 , can you tell me what plant it is that is in veg , corresponding with post #2 (hope i worded that well enough fer you to understand , lol)

Anyhow , dry 'em nice an' slow , no reason to rush shit , this far in tha game (I'm sure you know this , just gotta put it out there) We're all lookin' forward to seein' how they compare to my expected results .

Be well ,
Steele

Steele, you didn't get to the vegg'ed plant shots in the gallery because there aren't any :bashhead:

My ex-gf is a little too computer-literate I'm afraid, she ran a 010101 program over my hard drive, which effectively removes any chance of data recovery.

I've recovered every pic I can, mostly salvaged from my old camera but the bulk of pics from new camera were lost :badday:

I will try to organise individual pics I have into corresponding groups, so you'll see more clearly which veg plant is which flowered plant.

I'm sorry Steele, some things are beyond our control.

G

guest3854

CornFlake , we're really anxious to hear more of yer results . You've already led on that tha trich profile of tha Cheese appears to have carried over . Now , have tha terp levels gone strong and funky , cheesy and strong ? Those two are my main focus' of this cross ; to keep tha trich and terp profiles , while keeping tha head of tha Sonja line .

Thanks fer sharing and looking forward to hearing more ......
Steele

cornflake

Veteran
Ultra Sonja Smoke Report

Ultra Sonja Smoke Report

Ultra Sonja Smoke Report[\size]

US#2
9am – chopped up a small bud (pic)

The aromas are strong as

1st bowl – pretty smooth, green, chem. Flavor. Not a hit, comes on slow and strong
2nd bowl -– feeling very trippy, very head but can detect a sort of electrical humm in my body =0

I smoked with a basic waterpipe

The hit is green (obviously, this is only a week dry) but remarkably smooth with a terp-chemmy taste, not unpleasant.

Enjoying the clarity to write this post unlike the past 4 months of smoking a really powerful stinky phenol of sk#1 x sm’s o.haze which gives a really “speedy” up but the inability to write very well.

The high of this ultra Sonja is equaling the skunk cross =)

What I’m really liking about this smoke is it’s stimulating my appetite. This is magic and medicine to me, the best kind…for body and spirit. I was getting a bit depressed at being sick for so long, watching my body wither in such a short period of time is a bit freaky, helps me to empathize what it might be like to be really really sick. And helps me refocus how important herb is for medicine and how we, the current caretakers of Earth have a responsibility to future generations, to maintain this incredible seed stock.

I’ve been very sick with a bacterial infection for about a month now and couldn’t eat much, and lost over 10 kgs, all in muscle mass =( But the Ultra Sonja is generating those dreaded hunger pangs, which can be annoying but when you’ve lost your appetite is feeling really good.

9.45am - still way up there, body still buzzing =p

Problem is I also feel sick (tired, nauseous, achy) so feelings and sensations may be confused, but that’s being dwarfed by the hunger I’m feeling, which is making me feel really good.

So, euphoria is definitely one of my sensations, it doesn’t matter if that’s caused by the smoke or by me being happy for my other outlined reasons, the important thing is this moment and I’m in it.

10.12am - still feeling smashed and still getting things done

(brb…..grabs an apple)

OMG it’s so juicy and sweet……

10.52am - feelings nice, happy, a little high. A beautiful few hours right there folks.

OK, I’m feeling fat now. Cereal and eggs were great too.

I can’t sit to watch tv, which was the plan, no wukkaz (aussie for no worries), I live on the fringe of some truly beautiful mountains, I feel a walk by the creek coming on =p

I’m looking forward to some cured ultra Sonja =)

Thanks Steele.

(updating shortly with pics )

US#2
Final dry weight flowers 72.5g

Ickis

Veteran
cornflake has the munchies...congrats! Hope you kick the infection soon. Enjoy the smoke.

Were these done inside or outside in pots cornflake?

cornflake

Veteran
Steele Savage said:
CornFlake , we're really anxious to hear more of yer results . You've already led on that tha trich profile of tha Cheese appears to have carried over . Now , have tha terp levels gone strong and funky , cheesy and strong ? Those two are my main focus' of this cross ; to keep tha trich and terp profiles , while keeping tha head of tha Sonja line .

Thanks fer sharing and looking forward to hearing more ......
Steele

Trich profile ;)

If your main focus with this cross is to maintain trich and terp profe of cheese, and the head of sonja, I believe you've succeeded.

Of the 6 females I have....

- 4 with exactly that profile
- 1 does not appear as trich laden (though still nice) but has a wonderful fruity funk, as well as the nasty cheese stank(us#3 Brazilian) and sonja head
- 1 that is indica-like and less obvious trich production, but has still maintained sonja head

Evey one of the gals have the beautiful cheese bud structure, whther tight like Brazilian pheno, or loose like the pics above from us#4, a conehead pheno.

59892sugarfrosties_1.jpg

I will be away for a week, so catch you guys soon =)

Last edited:

cornflake

Veteran
Ickis said:
cornflake has the munchies...congrats! Hope you kick the infection soon. Enjoy the smoke.

Were these done inside or outside in pots cornflake?

Mate these were Indoor Hydro Canna Coco w/ 2x 600w hps.

And yes, the munchies are good medicine =p

G

guest3854

Bumpin' this thread . I'm really lookin' forward to hearing yer smoke report in full , specially from tha Cheese (Brazilian) pheno . Love tha pics dude ....

Steele

cornflake

Veteran
i'm a give you a full smoke report soon brother steele

one thang i'll tell you about brazillian that's different to others is it's aroma

brazillian pheno is super fruity and super hard nugs

every plant smokes the same, or very similar

i mean the tastes vary but the high is uniform

peace

cornflake

Veteran
Ultra Sonja Smoke Report

Ultra Sonja Smoke Report

59892smoketest.jpg

STANDARD SMOKE REPORT

=================================================
IDENTIFICATION

Date: 8th Nov. 2008
Strain: Ultra Sonja
Judge: cornflake
Breeder: Grindhouse
Grower: cornflake

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent. 7.5/10

2. Visible Trichomes: Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered. 8.5/10

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [X] Cloudy [X] Amber [ ] Dark [ ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ ] Green [X] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [ ] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [X] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [8] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [X] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [X] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [X] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma [8] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [0] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. Weeks cured [5] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
==================================================
THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [basic waterpipe]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [ ]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [medium/small glass]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ]
Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [X ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [X ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ]
Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [4] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [5 ] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [6 ] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [ ?] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [2 ] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. Effect onset [3 ] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [8 ] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [2 ] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [7 ] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [1.5 ] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [5 ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [7 ] Day - work [9 ] Evening - relax [3 ] Night - sleep [1 ]

9. Overall satisfaction [8.5 ] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [7 ] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [X] No [ ]

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[N] Ability to rest or sit still
[N] Anxiety relief
[P] Appetite
[P] Audio perception
[P] Humor perception
[P] Imagination/creativity
[N] Paranoia relief
[P] Sex drive
[N] Sleep [N] Pain relief
[P] Speech process
[P] Taste perception
[P] Thought process
[P] Visual perception

A friend of mine had a quarter in a drawer in his bedroom, he hid it the night before attempting to keep it from his wife's scornful tongue but when he woke up the stank was so strong that he got in the shit heh

My computer room is so full of this dank shit that I'm probably getting used to it, until I break into one of these nice big fat tight stanky nugs and then it's so strong in the air and I love it!!

I break this nug up and she's super greasy, trichs like dust everywhere.

The stank is fresh as I pack the bowl, and spark the hit. It burns clean and tastes fruity. No tightness in the chest.

A nice aftertaste. A happy glow inside, it is euphoric. From the experience of smoking this over last few weeks I know I'll need a second bowl, so...

Tastes as good, it's nice and fruity, my eyes a little blurry as I type this. Heart either pumping a little faster or now I'm aware of it where I previously was not. Feelin a lil' trippy but definitely not scary *wink*

12.27pm here right now.

Jumping up I go do 3 things that just occur to me (this is anti-me, I usually deliberate any action from all possible angles and decide to sleep on it before beginning, lol!).

I'm a carer and there's always 10 things to do so this is helping me heaps, I'm pretty sure you realise how important these strains are in our lives steele

thank you and your brother/sister growers investing hella big energies to making these strains as wonderful as they are!!

shit!! I nearly cried then :spank:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hehe I love to cry, I always feel so cleansed after :jump:

ok having some fun here, all in my 3lb universe, my cerebellum, my ol' peanut...

brb

Back. kk I just developed a 5 point plan to resolve an issue that's been farquing up my life for the past 2 years. I have no idea what the result of that will be except to say that it's action + direction = freedom from pain for me, for this moment. And life is a series of moments, how we use that knowledge is important.

I like this smoke, I'm feeling good. BRB, can't sit still for too long, I get ideas and am learning to act on them.

1.40pm now and having munchies. Still feeling pretty smashed but in an upbeat, gotta keep moving, gotta grab life kinda way.

I do not like sitting around on this smoke, it actually depresses me, not so much caused by the smoke but really because I have no night-time strains and these sat-style smokes I find make me feel a little speedy at night, so that is a bit annoying but I've just heard that I do have some indicas heading my way, so I can't see that being an issue once that happens lol

brb.

back at 2.20 pm.

OK, fully into my munchies now, lovin the tastes.

I feel a lil' sleepy, I'm not ceilinged now but can still feel the sonjas buzzing in my body. I do find if ya sit around and watch tv it's hard to concentrate so I really get the full effects of this smoke when I go for a walk.

The walk is indescribable, or maybe I'm just weird but I go through phases in my walk, and each is different and engrossing, and after an hour or two I'm just so so relaxed.

For a great way to spend a morning get onto some of this gear.

Thanks for the opportunity to grow some out steele

All Hail Steele Savage, the Pimp of Stank!! :respect: :pimp3:

Last edited:

cornflake

Veteran
I'll get some better nug shots when I get hold of my friend's camera next (probably when he runs out lol).

I know my pheno-typing isn't accurate but I choose these 4 descriptions as I feel I saw 4 definite types, when considering bag appeal and so on.

- Brazilian Conehead
- Loose Conehead
- Tight Conehead
- Indica Conehead

This is US#2 (tight conehead pheno) on left, and US#3 on right (brazilian pheno) (these 2 look very similar yes?)

I would like to spend the time necessary to give you some clear comparisons, I'm gonna have to do it straight after a few pipes (maybe tomorrow) as I sit to sort my pics and I start to want to do something else lol

Anyways, here's a bunch of pics taken during flower that may be helpful until then....

Last edited: