What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ulkokasvatus 2017

offthehook

Veteran
Mild winter, lots of snow.

Like this, spring / soil temps will probably be better than last year.

Come to think of it... > Any year will be better than last year.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Mild winter, lots of snow.

Like this, spring / soil temps will probably be better than last year.

Come to think of it... > Any year will be better than last year.

Hehe yep, unless it rains all spring/summer/fall, and temps stay below 20 all the time, it literally can't be worse :D God damn 2017 summer weather sucked ass!
But, 14 was nice, 15 was shit, 16 was ok, 17 again was shit, so 18 should be at least kinda good.. Right? ;)

Happy new year! :tiphat:

offthehook

Veteran
Rite !

There's always some logic behind the madness.

But damn those ages man, is that even legal in Finland ? :D

Happy new year ! :tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Hehe, you phaygots, i'm not a pedo. Pena on the other hand has some pedo tendencies..
Couple o years ago he was drooling over Soikku on instagram, the youtube chick or whatever. These days he says she's way too old for him, and the chick is like 20 or sumtin :D Meanwhile, Pena is closing the ripe age of 50 ;)

970751.png

Yellowmoon

Herra paratkoon mikä meininki

Suomen kesä yllättää joka kerta ikävästi. Silti jostakin ne taimet aina purskahtelevat. Niin kun hiihtäänkin vain menee ja jussi-pipo valahtaa nassuun, vaikka tuumaa ennen pimeitä etten varmana enää mene. Mut kaikki on pärähtävää.

Hello neighbours, I admire your growing skills, very impressive results. Unfortunately I don't understand finish. Hope its okey if I keep everything in English.

Last season was shitty. I want to increase my yield this season and be more prepared. I did a 350L soil/cow manure with 50/50 earlys and autos. Used paper method to germ them and planted them in my soil bed. Got kinda good result even if the summer were really bad.

I want to try to veg them before I plant them outside. So my question is, how long can I veg them before I plant them outside without stunning them too much? Which pot size is prefered? 1 liter?

I have 6500K 55w PLLs lying around so I will be using them. Please give me some input and tell me what you think :)

My latitude is 59 ish

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I usually use ,5 liter cups for earlies and veg for 3-4 weeks. Coco is my preferred medium, but u can get by with quality soil + perlite, too. They usually show sex by the end of week 3 if growing is good and there's plenty of light for the plants.. Also by that time the roots have taken up all the space they can, so without re-potting, that's usually the deadline for planting outdoors.

55W isn't that much, especially if u have more plants vegging. They'll stretch plenty and fight for light, so if u have a few of em lying around, use all you can. I don't know what's a "PPL" tho, if it's some super duper awesome special light, less might be cool :)

Autos I just toss in soil, wait for them to come up and carefully plant from there. Some people seem to do well with pre-growing them, but takes too much space if u'r gonna a bunch. Also autos tend to stay really small if not given plenty of legroom at the start. Another issue are animals and bugs, everything from mice to slugs and rabbits and shit like that love to eat seedlings, I've had a couple of spots totally eaten and have had to start up another batch and replant all over again. Usually not a problem with more mature plants, so if u got just a few auto seeds, giving em a head start indoors might be a good idea. Hope this helps, and good luck with your OD-adventures. Last summer was very shitty here too, maybe summer of 2018 will be better? Time will tell.. :tiphat:

I usually use ,5 liter cups for earlies and veg for 3-4 weeks. Coco is my preferred medium, but u can get by with quality soil + perlite, too. They usually show sex by the end of week 3 if growing is good and there's plenty of light for the plants.. Also by that time the roots have taken up all the space they can, so without re-potting, that's usually the deadline for planting outdoors.

55W isn't that much, especially if u have more plants vegging. They'll stretch plenty and fight for light, so if u have a few of em lying around, use all you can. I don't know what's a "PPL" tho, if it's some super duper awesome special light, less might be cool :)

Autos I just toss in soil, wait for them to come up and carefully plant from there. Some people seem to do well with pre-growing them, but takes too much space if u'r gonna a bunch. Also autos tend to stay really small if not given plenty of legroom at the start. Another issue are animals and bugs, everything from mice to slugs and rabbits and shit like that love to eat seedlings, I've had a couple of spots totally eaten and have had to start up another batch and replant all over again. Usually not a problem with more mature plants, so if u got just a few auto seeds, giving em a head start indoors might be a good idea. Hope this helps, and good luck with your OD-adventures. Last summer was very shitty here too, maybe summer of 2018 will be better? Time will tell.. :tiphat:

Great info. Thank you. I will go with the 5L for my earlys in pure quality soil. Remove the males and plant the females outside. Will pick the 3 best females.

I got 4x 55w 6500k. I will be using them to veg. PLL = t5ho

I will just soak the autos and plant them outside. Maybe create some sort of "greenhouse" to be able to plant them earlier outside.

I have also had issues with animals eating my plants. They ruined two of my beds. Bastards.

Any strain recommendations? I have tested Royal Nepal, Typhoon, AK47, Mighty Freeze, Pure Royal Typhoon

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Check out Esbe's stuff @ hybrids from hell. He's got a bunch of good stuff and cheap prices, too. I've been growing a couple of his things in the past few years, liking the Wild Super a lot. Other "Super" strains aren't bad either. Not to be confused with "super autos" :)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Great info. Thank you. I will go with the 5L for my earlys in pure quality soil. Remove the males and plant the females outside. Will pick the 3 best females.

I got 4x 55w 6500k. I will be using them to veg. PLL = t5ho

I will just soak the autos and plant them outside. Maybe create some sort of "greenhouse" to be able to plant them earlier outside.

I have also had issues with animals eating my plants. They ruined two of my beds. Bastards.

Any strain recommendations? I have tested Royal Nepal, Typhoon, AK47, Mighty Freeze, Pure Royal Typhoon

Just a notion, I think Bt meant 0,5 liters, not 5 liters. Just so you won't start stashing buckets in preparation :biggrin:

Ja mitäs tää nyt on, vuosi porskuttaa jo maaliskuuta eikä oo vielä vuoden 2018 threadia pystyssä?? Pitääkö päätellä että kannabisbuumi on ohi ja siirtyä vaikka leikkokukkiin?

Turha.p

Siltähän tämä vahvasti näyttää, perustan perunamaan ja lopetan hommat kokonaan.

Minkäslaisia suunnitelmia jengillä on tulevaksi superkesäksi ?

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Sen verta tiedän, et pudia laitan kasvaa. Muuten en oo vielä suunnitellu, aika vilposta on ulkonaki vielä, vaik alkaa jo kevättä puskee :tiphat:

PS. Uutta lankaa vaan kehiin, kyl sen verran pitkällä vuosi on, et vois alkaa jaarittelemaan kohta OD-juttuja taas :D

picture.php

rlsmooth

Tänä vuonna kuulemma tulee kunnon intiaanikesä. Jos sisäkukat ehtis joskus valmiiksi vois jotain hyviä autoja hieman vegettää ja tuuppailla pihalle. Perhana, kun ei tule edellisiä spotteja ikinä muokattua ja siistittyä stealthiksi..

How will the plant react when planted outside if they are 3-4 weeks old? Should I put them out on cloudy days? Or do I need to prepare them for the sunlight(how?)?

I have 350ish L soil in my bed from earlier season. I want to re-use it this summer. Any tips on how to make it fresh with nutes? Thanks alot :)

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Sunlight, cloudy day.. When it's time to plant, go ahead and plant, not much u can do to change the weather anyways. I usually water my plants well before taking em out, especially if it's been dry and no rain on the forecast. Outdoor spots if dug deep enough hold some water the deeper you go, so a good watering should keep em for a few days so they can develop some roots. Spring is sometimes dry here, but temperatures aren't high either, so usually no killer weather. But I've carried water to young plants sometimes, if I felt like the spots could use it. Dry weather can kill a young plant, bigger more developed plants will wilt but they can usually take it and bounce back after rains. Carrying water is not the best job in the world; weights a lot and if u have big spots, something like 15-20 liters isn't that much.

I use organic slow release nutes, composted chickenshit/seaweed pellets, guano, worm humus, stuff like that. You'll need to do it every spring if u want to have something to harvest come fall. Weed needs plenty of food, and whatever nutes u had at your spots last year, will be gone the next. Especially with big plants that flower nicely, they can take big loads of nutes, so more is usually better. Also, plants that are not fed properly usually cant resist mold, bugs, damage and/or diseases that well, and that leads to all kinds of trouble. So get plenty of nutes and if u'r using slow release stuff, take em out to your spots well ahead of your plants so there's something for the weeds to eat from day 1. Chicken shit is good for veg, but does attract some animals to dig up your spots. Sometimes they'll dig up young plants too. If u'r lucky and get there fast, u can usually just plant em again, but I've had stuff die like that, too. Might wanna build a fence or something, if your spots are deep in the woods or well hidden some other way. Green plastic coated wire fence blends fairly well with nature after trees and bushes and thing start putting out leafs. Oh yea, adding nutes will effect the PH of the soil, plants using said nutes will also effect the PH. So every other year or so, u might wanna take out some lime to your spots. Better do it after harvest in the fall, will give the lime time to take effect. U can do it spring time too, but lime will affect some nutes and make em slower to react with the soil, so better to do it after harvest. Hope this helps and wasn't too rambly, it's like 5:50 in the morning and I just woke up.. :tiphat:

Thank you for your time BadTicket. Really appreciate it. So lets say I want to add nutes to the bed from earlier season. Its about 350-450L of soil (a mix of cow/chicken manure and soil).

I'm not experienced in growing in general so I don't know how much I should add from everything. And there are a lot of different suggestions like bone meal, cow manure, chicken manure, bat guano etc...

How would you do if u were in my situation? What nutes and how much of it? :)

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
These are store bought nutes? I'm not good with numbers man, so I can't help with exact dosage, or soil to nutrient-ratio. I just go by experience and gut-feeling. Basically you'll need a lot of nitrogen (N) for vegging plants, and phosphorus (P) for flowering plants. Chicken shit and blood meal are high in N. Bone meal and guano are good for P. But then it all varies depending on the source and how the products have been treated. For example there's a technique called "steaming" for bone meal, not exactly sure what the benefits are, but said treatment might take down close to 50% of the nutritional value. If you have store bought nutes, look the labels for NPK-rating, that will tell how strong it is. Usually the labels will have some instructions, too. Like this much for strawberries, that much for trees and so on. Rule of thumbs that I use; better a bit too much, than a bit too little.. I think I said that before, but aye, it be true.

If you're super new to growing, read a beginners guide on growing plants, pretty much any plant will do. Cause most of em work on the same principles. Will help you a lot to understand the basics of photosynthesis and what makes plants grow and be happy :)
Some old biology school book from the 3rd grade should do it. Or google.

Latest posts

Latest posts