What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ulkokasvatus 2017

offthehook

Veteran
@rlsmooth

FD is still a strain under construction. It's not finished yet.

Therefore there will still be a couple of Auto's in a batch of seed, but the aim is to end up with exclusively fast flowering Earlies.

Plants that are on the above plot of mines and in Suomi-Prkl 's plot are all fast flowering Earlies.

The project was started in 2013.

Here is a piece of history that I copied from an other site:

How many generations away from the Finola are you? Does not work like that. > Because in open pollinations everything goes different as in manually pollinated 'one on one' breeding projects. And don't you worry about the Lowryder auto gene eating your share of earlies away if you inbreed this once or twice more? Yes. The auto gene sure appears like a pain in the ass, but practically in the field they don't seem to matter that much. > Because of very large numbers of seed being very densely sown on for my standards very large plots, True earlies will out compete the Auto's rite away and do remain to appear largely abundant still. Whole idea is based on a numbers game and patience.

If True Earlies would tend to rapidly disappear, then I will pull out some gear I still have laying around that's more Early dominant. There's never a problem really, just so long I can tap from large numbers and a large gene depot.

*Finola-X project* = Finola + Dieselryder + Aak + Pehku ruder = Fin DrAakPe = Finn Dragon Perkele.

(Draak means * Dragon * in Dutch language)

The Perkele only got there because of Bad Tickets & Suomi-Prkl's original efforts on the Aak x Pe. ^ ^

But that's all such a long time ago already, that now we can easily ditch the Perkele. Say Thanks with a capital T to BT and Suomi-Prkl for their efforts, and opt for only Finn-Dragon or FD... Unless strictly necessary... :)

Year 0. > Created 'Yo Momma' in a plot of several thousand Finola females and hand pollinated her with pollen from several dozens of my best Diesel Ryder males.
Used her seed on a 15 sq meter plot with 50% Diesel Ryder seed and 50% 'Yo Momma's seed, and selected for Auto's and Earlies.

'Yo momma'
picture.php

Year 1. > Grew 1500+ Finola females, pollinated them with several hundreds of Diesel Ryder males.

Selected 3 best females for seed.
picture.php

Year 2. > 50% Diesel Ryder seed + 50% original seed from 'yo Momma' + the True Early seed from her off spring, + the seed from the 3 Finola/Diesel fems from the year there after and sew em out on the 15 sq meter plot again. Open pollination. Selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Year 3. > Made a second Finola cross plot of 4 sq meter. Sew it in with above mentioned Finola crosses 'Auto and True Early gear' + Late Early AAK/PE. Open pollination. Selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Sew in the 15 sq meter plot with True Early Finola crosses + Late Early AAK/Pe exclusively and selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Year 4. This year, there were mostly Earlies so I did not have to bother with the Auto's.

Year 5. 2018. Suomi-Prkl is sitting on some FD x PehkuThyphoon seeds and is going to make them rock because weather will be 'like in sauna. ;) :D

Odysseus

@rlsmooth

Therefore there will still be a couple of Auto's in a batch of seed, but the aim is to end up with exclusively fast flowering Earlies.

Plants that are on the above plot of mines and in Suomi-Prkl 's plot are all fast flowering Earlies.

Here is a piece of history that I copied from an other site.

How many generations away from the Finola are you? Does not work like that. > Because in open pollinations everything goes different as in manually pollinated 'one on one' breeding projects. And don't you worry about the Lowryder auto gene eating your share of earlies away if you inbreed this once or twice more? Yes. The auto gene sure appears like a pain in the ass, but practically in the field they don't seem to matter that much. > Because of very large numbers of seed being very densely sown on for my standards very large plots, True earlies will out compete the Auto's rite away and do remain to appear largely abundant still. Whole idea is based on a numbers game and patience.

If True Earlies would tend to rapidly disappear, then I will pull out some gear I still have laying around that's more Early dominant. There's never a problem really, just so long I can tap from large numbers and a large gene depot.

Finola X project = Finola + Dieselryder + Aak + Pehku ruder = Fin DrAakPe = Finn Dragon Perkele.

The Perkele only got there because of Bad Tickets original efforts on the Aak x Pe. ^ ^

But that's all such a long time ago already, that now we can easily ditch the Perkele. Say Thanks with a capital T to BT for his efforts, and opt for only Finn-Dragon or FD... Unless strictly necessary... :)

Year 0. > Created 'Yo Momma' in a plot of several thousand Finola females and hand pollinated her with pollen from several dozens of my best Diesel Ryder males.
Used her seed on a 15 sq meter plot with 50% Diesel Ryder seed and 50% 'Yo Momma's seed, and selected for Auto's and Earlies.

'Yo momma'
View Image

Year 1. > Grew 1500+ Finola females, pollinated them with several hundreds of Diesel Ryder males.

View Image

Year 2. > 50% Diesel Ryder seed + 50% original seed from 'yo Momma' + the True Early seed from her off spring, + the seed from the 3 Finola/Diesel fems from the year there after and sew em out on the 15 sq meter plot again. Open pollination. Selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Year 3. > Made a second Finola cross plot of 4 sq meter. Sew it in with above mentioned Finola crosses 'Auto and True Early gear' + Late Early AAK/PE. Open pollination. Selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Sew in the 15 sq meter plot with True Early Finola crosses + Late Early AAK/Pe exclusively and selected for Auto's and Earlies.

Year 4. This year, there were mostly Earlies so I did not have to bother with the Auto's.

Year 5. 2018. Suomi-Prkl is sitting on some FD x PehkuThyphoon seeds and is going to make them rock because weather will be 'like in sauna. ;) :D

I hugely appreciate your work! You should be acknowledged in annual cultural awards, or something. I wish I could get those seeds on my hands once the strain is stabilized one day. :tiphat:

offthehook

Veteran
Thanks for kind words @Odysseus :) I just saw opportunity and tried to make it work.

Big idea is to not hog any copy rights on these, and get the genetics publicly available to everyone who's interested some day.

Finn-Dragons could potentially become The best yielding strain in the world for indoor purposes btw.

They can be grown 24/0. > 24 hours light, no dark. And start blooming in indoor during week 3 to 5 on that regime, and keep on budding out for about 3 months there after.

Remember it is a super fast blooming Early, and not an 'Auto' that is forced to stop blooming after only 10 weeks, and with shitty budding power because of their inferior root system and in-built 'timer' to die.

It's critical to know that on 24/0, the strain will continue to bloom and eventually die because of old-age, and not because of a hormonally set timer like True Auto's happen to have. (Auto's are going to decay on impact as soon as the 'kill hormone' is being released.) Finola's don't do like that. > They keep on staying alive for as long as they fysically can on 24/0.

They'll bloom on the same way as any other photo strain, but photo's only keep on blooming so long they are on 12/12.

That means you can give the Finn-Dragons twice as much light as a regular photo strain under lamps.

Potency and quality of high is already there btw.

Plus, I never encountered a single hermie in any of these.

Now you tell me... Are we up to something or not ?

offthehook

Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGEpBayB0n0

Along this clip that was sent to me by Metsäkana, it now became clear that Finola is not even hemp, but instead a 'Narrow leaf Indica'. Thanks a tonne for that link mate :)

Hemp would not be able to cross with a drug variety and maintain the drug varieties THC aspects according to Robert C Clarke.

Finola on the other hand was very easy to take on the THC aspects of the in-bred drug varieties.

M

metsäkana

Hillig recognized the European cultivated subspecies as C. sativa ssp. sativa. Because it typically has narrow leaflets and is used for hemp fiber and seed production, he named it narrow-leaf hemp or NLH. He also identified spontaneously growing wild or feral populations previously called C. ruderalis as C. sativa ssp. spontanea which he named the putative ancestor or PA and I refer to as the narrow-leaf hemp ancestor or NLHA.

Some researchers have also suggested a third species C. ruderalis as the progenitor of both C. sativa and C. indica. Evolutionary theory predicts that there must once have been a common ruderalis-like ancestor of the two modern species, but it has most likely become extinct, and proposed groupings NLHA and NLDA represent feral populations of NLH and NLD respectively rather than ancestors. C. sativa NLH likely originated in a temperate region of western Eurasia—possibly in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains—from a putative hemp ancestor or PHA which lacked the biosynthetic potential to produce THC.

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/naming-cannabis-the-indica-versus-sativa-debate/

rlsmooth

Much respect to offthehook and colleagues. Would be really interesting to try these earlys in the future !
E. I licked some toads while hunting for shrooms and they told me that 2018 is going to be like a sauna indeed :p

amaThor

Viimmeinen blue streak 2 riuku tuli eilen haettua pois kun tuntuu että sadekausi jatkuu... Pari armon viikkoa niin ehti kuitenkin kokoa vielä keräämään, muutamassa lehdessä oli "härmää" ...

M

metsäkana

IMG_3184.jpg

mikä tää syöpä o :D ei oo elukka joku syylä se valtaa tota varttaki noilla piikeillä

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

Ei lähe enää, ei jaksa :D
Ens vuonna sitte taas, toivottavasti ei ihan saunaa tuu. Liika kosteeta. Semmonen aikanen kevät, lämmin ja kostea kesä. Siihen vielä kuivakka aurinkoinen syssy kyytipojaks niin avot, hyyvää tulloo :tiphat:

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran

Parit tämmöset Pehkuthyphoonit irtos vielä eilen, ei ollu juuri edes hometta, nämä siis pistoista.

Kellään enää kasveja ulkona? Lämpötilojen puolesta vois vielä etelässä pitääkin.. :biggrin:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Näin o. Ihmettelin että mikä tuo kummallinen oranssi löntti kämpän kulmassa, mut aurinkohan se. Nooh, ei mee kauaa ku on pari kk streit darkness.
tenor.gif

M

metsäkana

jotai homeisii kasvei salee o viel en oo jaksanu käydä kattoo

ai ei ollu hometta :D lol

veikkaan etoon kyl kaiken melkolailla nyhtäny jos jotai jäi ni seoli nii kakkelii et saa jäädäkki :D

KiefRichards

Mitä sille "Drakenille" tapahtu? Kaadoitko kaiken kerralla? Pamppu kuvaa?

Kausi on ollu paketissa aikoja sitten ku ei ollu niitä öörlejä,harmi. Hienoja fem-autoja oli kyllä siementäjällä tarjota. Pitää ens kesänä pistää yks/kaks kasvia per monttu ni on tilaa kasvaa ja homeetkin pysys varmaan kurissa paremmin. Ens keväänä katellaan taas...

BT näköjään tuntee jo kaamoksen voiman, niin mäkin...

M

metsäkana

yhtä salaisia juttuja tapahtu ku sun kuvissa :DD

krakenit haihtu ilmoille :dD tuli sitä parempaaki nugettii puolet lajikkeista kyl mitä testas ni oli aika hanurista mut eiköhä näistä siiduista saa jotai hyvää valittuu

kraken muni siiduja jonku verra toivottavasti keräis enempi hartsia viel ens vuonna ei se huonoin ollu mut ei parastakaa

KiefRichards

En ottanut kuin muutaman kuvan koko kesänä koska spotilla piti käydä aina aamuyöstä. En halunnut tulla nähdyksi koska mullan roudaamis vaiheessa mut nähtiin ni ei viittyny näyttää naamaansa siellä päivisin.
Huonoja kuvia vaikka kamera pitäs olla ihan hyvä, pitäs opetella varmaan. PAKKAS VAROITUS ETELÄÄN!:dance013: Hyvää jytää toi shpongle kunnon live:woohoo:

M

metsäkana

ei voi kauhalla pyytää kun o lusikalla annettu :D
huonoki kuva o parempi ku ei kuvaa :D
meikäki oli vissii nähty mut ei kyl ollu budit kelvannu, vaikka kyl hyvää ois ollu kai se oli joku joka ei polttele :D
haha
no saapahan jotai mutistavaa kahvipöytää
aika sama se o jos näkyy laittaa ens vuonna lisää kiusaks :D kuha budit ei hävii ni mitä välii sil o. ehkä se sille jäbälle o iha sama loppupeleis? :D

@rlsmooth

Here is a piece of history that I copied from an other site:

*Finola-X project* = Finola + Dieselryder + Aak + Pehku ruder = Fin DrAakPe = Finn Dragon Perkele.

(Draak means * Dragon * in Dutch language)

The Perkele only got there because of Bad Tickets & Suomi-Prkl's original efforts on the Aak x Pe. ^ ^

But that's all such a long time ago already, that now we can easily ditch the Perkele. Say Thanks with a capital T to BT and Suomi-Prkl for their efforts, and opt for only Finn-Dragon or FD... Unless strictly necessary... :)

'Yo momma'
View Image

View Image

Wow, heads up! Great effort. Well done!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Hyvää uutta vuotta kaikille sitten taas :tiphat:

Toivottavasti ens kesänä ois suotusemmat ilmat tän outdoorikasvattelun suhteen, ja muutenki.. Mukavampi se on kesä jos vaimarissa ja shortseissa tarkenee, ja voi nakkaa ne pitkähihaset ja pitkät kalsarit kaappiin odottamaan syssyn tuulia :)

Varovasti ilotulitteiden kanssa, elkeekä ryypätkö liikoja! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts