What's new

UK Outdoor Growing 2010

harold

im looking forward to giving the auto ak47 x ww a good blast this year, probably do a strip of 10.... and all unwanted males that show there faces from other strains will get pulled and replaced with an ak47 x ww clone :)

compliments to the chef.

rezinrebel

outdoor uk

outdoor uk

Right i`m gonna have a go at bringing a few pics up of plants i have not grown outdoors as the site clearly states Educational & Entertainment purpose only :laughing:

what a pain in The Arris ! i`m gonna have to post & then edit so i can tell what`s what

from L to R pic1 Mendocino Madness . pic2 Mendo M . pic3 Indica x Mlow (Zeds strain ) . pic4 Indica x Mlow . pic5 Biddy Early (seeded). pic6 Biddy (seeded). pic7 Ak /LR x Ohaze (Zeds strain ) . pic8 Ak/LR x Ohaze . pic9 Viper x (minime strain) . pic10 Indica x Mlow (Zed) . pic11 Dr Z (trial strain being developed by a Canadian grower) . pic12 Indica x Mlow (Zed) . pic13 Bubble . pic14 Dr Z .

Zeds Indica was a late finish & i started to get bud rot so i had some lovely bubble that knocked your socks off .
Biddy was seeded & i have a few left & quite a few growers got some seeded bud , & the bubble was tripping .
AK/LR Ohaze finished late but the nugs were water & bomb proof , suffered sheeting heavy rain for 3wks in sept with a teeny weeny bit of mould , in my eyes still the best uk outdoor i have ever not grown (if you see what i mean) a beautiful smoke .
Dr Z , mmmmm trying to obtain some more seed .
The Viper x from minime only grew a single stem with no branching , perfect for S O G and was well liked by those that smoked it .

incidentally when i was checking my pics out i found some of a S.A.G.E i grew & the last pics were early Jan !! outdoor & fiished off in a poly g-house , bastard to grow but well worth the effort , never again outdoor !

ZZZZZ`s beckon . Stay safe all . BGB

harold

rezinrebel, i was thinking the ak/lr x ohaze, look beautiful and kinda standout for me... is this last years crop? are you growing more this year?

whats the ak/lr (ak47x lowryder)? x ohaze (is this sams haze?)

cheers.

rezinrebel

harold , those AKLR xOhaze were from a seed run that Zed had going (06) . He mentioned it in his earlier posting .
As you know the real idea of this outdoor UK thread is to try & develop strains that will finish in our climate & there are some terrific breeders working on it . I am a better grower than breeder & always love to trial/challenge & have been lucky to have met & corresponed with some of them . And for 1 reason or another enjoy the final crop .
A few year back i grew Chronic from Serious Seeds just b4 they altered the breeding in them , luckily we had a decent summer & they finished . I had a few plants that showed the Indica dominance , they were about 1 month ahead of the other Chronic which seemed more Sativa & i lost some to rippers or SOTE (scum of the earth) they were a great smoke & put me on the floor a few times twice leaving me with a trip to casualty to get head wounds stitched & still hav`nt worked out why when i take a dive it`s always my head that hits the concrete .

Stay safe all . BGB

zedhead

Soulfly1.. The original autoAK47/WWidow mother plant was grown by Minime from seeds I made. The autoAK was Mdanzigs stock which I received from Chappers. Genetics were AK47/LRxLR inbred to f5 or so. The WW seeds I got from Nirvana.

BGB... Lovely selection of pics. :) You have any plans for a crop this year..?
I got a new phone, I'll drop you a text soon mate.

Minime.. I bought a pump thats fits to an electric drill. Works well though you need a powerful reghargable drill for decent flow. My drill was a cheapo Woolworths job but it still pumped water a couple meters above the water level.. Guess it depends how high you want to lift the water. Definately more portable and quieter than a petrol one. http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=drill+pump&hl=en&aq=f

:ying:
Zed

zedhead

WAM.. Cheers man, good to be back..!
Wondering if any of those auto beans are still going..? Ideally I could do with some auto pollen in about 4 weeks time so I can pollinate the autoAK/DRyder girls. They're starting to smell pungent, only been in flower just over a week.
I still don't have PM privilage, maybe TPS would send you my email addy.

Harold, for the autoAK47/OHaze I used autoAK47 (AK47/LRxLR) from Mdanzigs stock. The OriginalHaze male used was from Seedsman seedbank, originating from SkunkmanSam's Haze stock.

:ying:
Zed

minime

nice to see ya back zed-----the noise off the petrol pumps is not that loud---both grows are by motorways cant hear the choppers in the day ----so perfect to drown the noise of the pp---iit needs to be pumped 70 meters with at least 50 t0 60 foot upward gradient so needs a bit of power---but its the amount they can mowe in short space of time is ideal for deep watering both places are large areas---got 2 free still might inwest in 2 more just leawe them there---allways wear glowes when u leawe stuff like that around----theres a cafe on the corner full of somalis they leae rubbish all ower the place empty beer cans---ill leawe a load of there shit at my grows fag buts the lot --they wanna show how good there dna sysrwm is theyll be looking for 20 or so somoalis---beer cans fag buts an sweet rappers all in a carry bag---amazing what people leawe behind--theyll be blamed for nicking the petrol pumps an all----grow safe

minime

zed i hae grown the akww f2s last year from the year befors seed run---lots of weariation theres some pics of the big one---they all got seeded by three diffrent males not sure what they wear but got millions of seed will try some this year---but i did start getting a lot of autos in the mix--but dient pay them any attention was more intersted in the ordinary plants-----but none compaired to the cloned mother---finishes mid oct but seems to be getting earlyer---she is a hardy plant the only ones that made it in some plots----im gonna see how big i can get her this year---gonna do a load of the f2s this year see what cums up just tester plots and some old places will not be watering them but ill put lots of crystal in them places as i will not need them if i use the water pumps---i hope watering them reguller will produce better bigger plants well my garden ones do so much better than my gorrila plots accept one--stay safe

harold

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=30561

minime, if the pumping water idea is giving you problems and a headache? check out the above thread... how to save on watering expenditure.

Basically mulch thick (if you can without it standing out) this will save 75% watering.
Get a drinks bottle put holes in the bottom, bury it just below the cap, about a foot away from the plant, fill with water... this will save 300% on watering

harold

water doesn't penetrate deep if watered from above... it takes a thoroughly good watering for the moisture to go down even to modest depth.

so the trick is to mainline the water underground where it soaks in like a sponge and doesnt evapourate.... it will penetrate and wick much much deeper into the earth.

minime

harold the pumps im useing----are 3inch they pump 800 litres per mi---10mins thats 1600 gallons in ten mins-----i do mulch as mutch as i can at other plots----as i said there are streams at the bottom of the slope- at these 2 large areas--i did try last year doing it with containers---it did help but broke me back after 10 trips i loose intrest----plus the plot it self must be 120 to 150 foot long that on top of 70 meters------its the amounts that they pump is amazeing----plus u can do the surrounding trees shrubs and stuff so ewery thing grows well with little effort---the out of the way i think the nearest house is 200 yards away so noise is not a prob---i hae not realy waterd any of my gg plots regular but still get results----ill only do it if its scorching as i lost a lot of plants in the heat of summer---not enough mulch crysals and prep work---im more likely to flood the plots than water them if im not carefull stay safe

harold

sounds like you could fill up a swimming pool lol.... i would consider pumps myself but i would have to cut across public(ish) footpaths and 300 metres of hose.

hope it works out though, be sweet to see it in action :)

rezinrebel

it`s harder to push uphill than down

it`s harder to push uphill than down

minime iv`e been trying to find a booklet i had in all my landscape gumph that had all the power tables for lifting water/different hose sizes/height of gradients etc & can`t find it . It`s not going to be easy to find online coz of imformation overload :jump:
I have an idea where you may be thinking of & if you want to give it a trial i don`t mind giving you a hand 1 night , it`s possible you could try it at my place coz i have all the ditches with water in them plus the area of ground but i don`t know about finding enough height here , i can get around 40ft lift with 1 of the trees + 3ft depth of ditch . + you could get the garden compost , i`ve got the bags you supply the electrical ties . I`ll give you a ring this weekend .

BGB... Lovely selection of pics. You have any plans for a crop this year..?
I got a new phone, I'll drop you a text soon mate

You know me :plant grow: gotta keep me fingers green , not only that i have to keep er indoors appy . Never used to touch the green but since all this crap resin her ideas have changed coz she`s realised how good a smoke the green is .
I have a few seeds here temperature controlled & i`m sure some of them are ok . Soon find out when i pop a few + i`m hoping some of me old buddys may be able to help , i`m going to try a few of your AK/LR x Ohaze & keep my fingers x`d :)
I know it`s getting near seed popping time when the bloody mossies here start feeding on us + dog , they have been flying in every evening this week :cuss:

Any one looking for water crystals check out www.GardenCentre.co.uk available in 1Kg packs . Your wasting your time buying silly little packs off the shelf .The company i used to use has gone , pity coz they were real good value .

mini since i began writing this missive , lost it twice & had me dinner you posted , 800lts per min will certainly supply enough power .

Stay safe all . BGB

ps. i see another member on here called bgb but he ain`t the Big Green !

minime

sounds like you could fill up a swimming pool lol---u probably could----u would hawe to mowe large amounts to deep water---theres more on the satwa thread some wear--bgb---they are powerfull but it still takes some power to pump it 50 to 60 feet upward --u might be rite about trying it first--because i could allso do it with 2 pumps if one is not enough---gonna go for it see if the effort pays off---night time waterings only--------------------------------------I have an idea where you may be thinking of ----------------------its next door to wear your thinking of-------could allways do both---------------------stsy safe all gonna be germing and cloneing today-----fullmoon end of march----i like to clone 5 days befor fullmoon---

wotamess

just been informed the landlord is moving back into our house in june... there goes this garden!!

kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuntz!

-wam-