What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK outdoor growers 2015

SoufLondon

Anyone seen this? :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34359775

"

'Cannabis forest' discovered in London

BBC News

Scores of cannabis plants have been discovered growing in a remote area of disused land in south-west London.

Police found the cannabis patch, covering an area the size of a football pitch, after a call from a member of the public in Kingston.

They found more than 150 plants, some more than 5ft (1.5m) tall. The plants are to be destroyed.

PC Sarah Henderson said it looked like "a small forest of Christmas trees and was complete with a gazebo".

The plants were found near Lower Marsh Lane.

"Whoever set this up used a really remote spot - the only way to get there was a 20-minute walk through wasteland.

"But all their time, trouble and gardening skills will go unrewarded, as the whole lot will now be destroyed by police," she said.

There have been no arrests and inquiries continue, the police said.
"

Swamp Thang

Veteran
No chit, I was just about to post that same link.

Somebody please tell me it ain't so.

Why "members of the public" can't keep their long snouts in their own affairs is beyond me.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
If Panikz is the one who took this loss, there is no doubt he will refine his stealth philosophy before the next season, that is if he doesn't bail and head for more tolerant shores, which may be the way to go, as BuddyMate probably would agree, were he in a position to break cover and speak of his new chapters unfolding.

Whoever the gardener is, he needs to walk away from this debacle, never to set foot anywhere near that now tainted spot, for the rest of all time.

GlandualFever

Think i read staggered harvest somewhere, so hopefully he got what he needed from that plot. Shame though, as that field looked divine.

Dutch Aln

Terrible news folks,gutted,but no arrests made.
A battle lost,but im sure the war will continue.
All the best P.Hope a new spot is found for next season.
Aln.

I respect the poster of the gorilla grow, and i figured from the moment i saw those pics, that is a stupid thing to be posting online in the UK. I am not from the UK and i know it's a small country with heavy partnerships between Mi6 and NSA to have all the ip's on youtube and every other site that they hack into on the internet. Chances that someone found their site 1 week after it was ... stupidly... posted here, is either because 5 people knew about it or because of surveillance. I figured it was in some far away mountains of the UK but in London it sounds like someone was acting foolish. Dont leave trails of web slime if you are in a country with NSA and all that checking your user... name... which didnt change in this instance since other posts.

patafix

I think it is quite obvious, It would be nice of Admins to remove those pictures.
I am pretty sure all of relevant precautions were made in this size, but just in case.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/3mbxw7/cannabis_forest_discovered_in_southwest_london/
The person who discovered it was someone who my company works with closely, not a random member of the public. Said it was brought to his attention after seeing the top of a gazebo over some bushes.
tldr: don't build gazebos over your weed forest

Well as the weed forest was built over some disused company property, i guess he felt it was company protocol to inform the police he had weed growing on it. Although by the sounds of things if he didn't spot the gazebo it would likely go unnoticed for a fair while. Also the dude didn't work for my company.

The article made out that it was a random member of the public taking a stroll in some remote part of forest - it wasn't. I'm just pointing out the article isn't telling the whole story.
there was an office/buidling looking over it in the background.

hope all are safe

Swamp Thang

Veteran
As a fellow grower, I cannot but marvel at the sheer audacious balsiness it took to set up a grow so close to the Big Smoke, complete with a frigging gazebo where the crew can relax and grab a brewski in between trimming and tending the crop.

Panikz my hat is off to you, brother. When weed is legalized in the UK, skilled growers like you will make huge fortunes doing what you do best. Good deal you got to walk away from this one, but something tells me we ain't heard the last of you yet.

The gazebo was a bit like a billboard then. don't think anyone else ever thought of putting one in the top secret central london grow spot :dance013::tiphat::thank you:. it must be a publicity stunt. could get a reggae band or a quintet of musicians under that. it's bad news for other people with weed in uk cities.

What did he say he was growing? MF x GG? is that mother's finest x gorillas gusto?

zalias

Hi all,
hope guys are ok, a big risk on such a big game and never thought such a professionals could make such a silly mistake like gazebo.. anyways.. it's a kick in da ass witch will always makes you go forward. Hope it's not the end of UK inspiration soul.. waiting to real gorillas seeds company to start. P.S. Keep it green.