What's new

UK Outdoor 2012

harold

Think Health & Safety LAWS H,if its a motorway in this age of austerity litter-pickers wont be wandering down the hard shoulder unless its to deal with the aftermath of an RTA and some big debris needs clearing,I have grown on motorway embankments a few times in the past,high up on the banks in the brush,not lower down on the cleared slopes where late night drivers would have caught a glimpse of a nocturnal gardner doing his thing as they sped past.

Thanks BM im right in the thicket you can hardly see the shimmer of the vehicles going past, the bushes are very thick, ill take a pic and maybe do a drawing too :)

rocket high

Veteran
Just remember guy's the foliage dies away in autumn just when it's time to harvest ... mines stuck out like sore thumb's at the end of October.

what about pollution? that's another neg i just thought of.
Damn am talking myself outa this ...pmsl

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Just remember guy's the foliage dies away in autumn just when it's time to harvest ... mines stuck out like sore thumb's at the end of October.

what about pollution? that's another neg i just thought of.
Damn am talking myself outa this ...pmsl

Two very good points.

I must say I'm quite finicky about my spots. Pollution is something I myself would also stay well away from. I'm sure the location has it's benefits but if your looking for clean meds or just the best you can grow I would look else where. Opposed to my own opinion is the fact that if ones project is on public land or on the border to farm land, there's no knowing what kind of chemicals might be in the soil. Even if the spot looks great we can't always be sure that chems haven't been used there for one reason or another. In this case maybe you should just go for it... Better the devil you know in the guise of car exhausts ;)

Also if there is little else in the way of options for other spots then best start planning and picking out some good night camo gear for your evening missions. Depending on ones location it can be difficult to find a perfect plot..

harold

i have thought about pollution, but i havent got many options left plot wise... my others got ripped, too many weasels around im afraid.

i choose my plots in winter, i like them to be camo, even when the foliage is gone.

cheers harry

MJBadger

Veteran
Pollution may be a prob if the plants are there for a really long time but i doubt for a couple of months of flowering there would be any significant amount of dangerous chemicals in them .
B Ware of cameras on very tall poles , scout for them .

rocket high

Veteran
B Ware of cameras on very tall poles , scout for them .

Very true MJB especially at junction's - like where i want to grow...... damn it.:dunno:

Pollution is a small price to pay ,as long as the plants stay safe and finish... it's not that big a deal.

MJBadger

Veteran
Why not just throw on a high vissy vest and hard helmet and act as if your meant to be there.

OK if it`s someone that gives it no thought but a high vis is just that , high vis . It may attract attention from the wrong people , usually there is a scedule of works for maintainence crews & unwanted attraction is never a good thing .
I do know someone that dressed up like a xmas tree to go tree cutting right nr a M Way & was seen by the police who totally ignored them , you never know .

It`s always better to remain unseen .

Stay safe .

concerned

why would strain info be breaking rules?

If Gypsy Nirvana cant make money off a strain he would prefer you to remain ignorant of it's existence and purchase seeds from him.
Gypsy only believes in " cultivating cultivators " and helping those that need cannabis as a healing herb if he can cash in on it.

This comment will be removed by the admin and not subject to debate ( preferably not in this thread ) in order to protect his income, that you can be assured of.

I'll leave it up to GN and the staff to start an open discussion on freedom of information regarding strains, breeders and the medical benefits of cannabis :)

harold

anybody know much about gypsum? i want to break up some clay soil, (ill be adding organic matter too btw) my question is whats the difference between gypsum you get from the builders section compared to the horticultural stuff.... the garden version is 5x more expensive.

cheers harry

MJBadger

Veteran
Sharp sand or sometimes called Grit sand in another good additive to break up clay but harold has already hit on the best , organic matter/humus .

harold

thanks bro's :)

just wondered if they add a nasty chemical, to make it bind etc, i guess it does that naturally............

cheers.

H

Habel

i grew near the motorway last year. No problems, I even have to walk over one of them bridges above the motorway, with backpack and shovel that you drive past and wander " where does that go?" well it goes to my secret garden buddy!

JGP

Just been reading more about gypsum apparently some builders gypsum contains cement, you might be better off with the garden gypsum afterall Harold as you don't want your patch turning to concrete.It never harmed my plants the other year but your better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

harold

JGP - the stuff ive found contains 4% hydrated lime, the rest is gypsum... im thinking about giving it a go.....