What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggsy! damn bro ssh x ogka for breakfast now thats hard core lol. snowdog for gonna try and start the day the right way... on the up :abduct:

cheers lovelightpower, ssh x oga is some real potent stuff smells very hazy in the air but the taste is not that much different from stright ssh but when the body from the oga kicks in your not doin much elese for the day lol. the nugs are quite hard and dense aswell .... all this talkin.... damn it im rolling 1 there goes my day

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Easy put the spliff down, its not worth it ,,,someone call F.R.A.N.K ahhhh

Lovelightpower sorry for ranting in your thread, much respect to you, in my lurking days your name was a prominant sorce of info.

edit: sorry lovelightpower i got you confused with truecannabliss,much respect anyway
stay safe

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
LLP - 'mentholated mushrooms' is quite a common smell around here! It's really a kind of mint, mixed with a rich compost, if that sounds more palatable. Many of the Flos have shown this smell right from the outset, and they seem to pass the trait on quite readily, as the Kentish Creme doesn't have it, and Malawi Gold doesn't either, but both their offspring with Flo do...:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup peeps, are any of you boys working with a male from rez`s ssh x ogka? i m thinking about hitting the cheese with it on my next run, anyone know if its been done before?

i got a male Rez`s from SSH x OgKa....very good lookin male!,,,i was going to cross it with OgKa x SD IBL,,,,making:::{OgKa x SD IBL} x {SSH x OgKa}

i could cross it with Cheese but it was not my first intrest..

but as my friends know,,it will take ages for me to acomplish this task,,,if its worth the effort, il probbly make it happen,,

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Dude they cant do that,, Cheese doesn't fem. ,,, otherwise they would have done way back when !

People claim it,, rah rah rah,, show us the lineage in photo please then!

Cheese is true-breeding IBL,, one of its distinct qualities is that it doesn't reverse sex with stress... and trust me I n I stressed them nuff time over .. lol :canabis:

Chemical reversal with Cheese is open to question,, but again ,, most advanced feminized breeders in Holland, Italy and Spain have access to original UK Cheese clones,, all day,, if they really want to give it a spray :D

Either it doesn't interest them,, they already discovered the impossibility,, or they tried it and failed to produce stable off-spring. If it were that easy anyone could chem-spray a Cheese clone today ... know what I's saying? :wink:

Peace n Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADayC0-lOYk

I think you are right, nobody has actually said the Cheese clone does not S1 well, but reading between the lines, I cant help believe this is the case ... why on earth would any sane person X it [to an Affie] if you coul get good results selfing it ?

I have 'stress tested' Cheese in a mates baking summer Spanish growroom, everything else suffered, even rotted, but the Cheese took 40+ degrees in her stride an was almost as tasty as usual.

Seems to be a great crossing plant though, got approx 20 Mist crosses halfway through flower right now, in and out, .... really looking forward to the exhausting 420-Narcothon of 'testing' .....

H

Hazeseeker

Yeah this was my thinking at first as well that it would be impossible (or close to) to reverse the Uk Cheese,
but i think i remember British H doing this, i remember seeing pics of the Cheese with bananas spitting out the cola everywhere, pretty sure it was the Uk Cheese but it was over a year ago so maybe wrong

But also spotted another growers thread yesterday or the day before, i'll try and find the link, he's made Uk Cheese S1's as well as Uk Cheese x Skunk #1, so presuming it's the real cut it must be possible?:chin:, maybe Big Buddah did try this at 1 stage but the S1 genertation showed alot of mutants/overall poor plants?

EDIT: here's the link:yes:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120664

peace

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I'm still not sure of the merits of selfing Cheese - partly as I wasn't that impressed with it as a smoke, but also as (for me anyway), it's adding that little bit of unknown instability that could rear up down the line in unfortunate ways. I would have thought that similar, but safer results could be achieved by outcrossing to a sympathetic strain. I got some very interesting phenos crossing Skunk with Flo, one or two of which were decidedly 'cheesy', whilst others were more fruity, but that was from a 'tropical fruit' Skunk, so it just shows how the flavours can recombine.

The 'Chumboldt' cut I was given a while ago (Cheese X Yumboldt) was superior in every respect to pure Cheese, and everyone who grew it or smoked it preferred it - grows pretty much identically, but the flavour is more robust and sweet, and the high was more intense - if a little more stoney, but not much.

B

Blue

We tried to mess around making an S1 cheese but it was as you say elevator man to unstable it chucked out with the slightest stress & lost some vigor.

All the seeds were given away to anyone who wanted them in my circle.....

I like the sound of the yumbolt cross as yumbolt on its own is stella bud!
I have some G13 X butterscotch x Sweetooth I'm going to be messing around with this year to see if I can find one leaning to the G13 butterscotch.....

indifferent

Veteran
That Chumboldt was indeed much better than Cheese.

Docleaf, you are talking out of your back passage again, several people have successfully selfed the Cheese cut, a fella called Rockster at another forum has just done it, and like Hazeseeker said, BH did it ages ago.

Attachments

• P1020722.JPG
    P1020722.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 8
A

alpinestar

i have a question

is it the media being way behind
or do people in the uk just generalize high grade weed and call it all skunk

hearing it in the news is getting annoying and ive always wondered why they keep using that term

B

BeAn

what is peoples obsession with selfing cuts, why can people bx with a non dominant male n line breed? :)

Keep growing strong uk, big up J.BO the capital city soldier.:respect:

B

Blue

Its either for money or kudos???

depends on which way you look at it, we tried it as we wanted to hand out seeds to everyone that wanted em. As I dont belive in the whole clone hording shi* that goes in.

We tried with the spary from world of seeds.. far too much hasstle and the plants were crap...

indifferent

Veteran
@ indifferent

BS.. yo cant con a Con ,, wtf are you on?!? BH is full of it.. worst reference you could give,, he a troll ... lmfao

Anyhow,, please show us the lineage (plants grown from selfed Cheese seeds)... and we'll tell ya if you're actually growing Cheese or not,,, we've been waiting for the last 3 years so there's no rush.. :D

Thing is it's relatively easy to reverse one of the "cheese" clones in the UK,, only problem is that the ones that easily herm are usually hybrids (i.e. not Original Cheese).

I n I speak what we've done,, so please let's keep it real,, rah, rah, rah :wink:

Peace n Love
dLeaf :joint:

Yeah right, like I need you to tell me if i have the real Cheese or not.

I've seen the real Cheese reverted in two different places by two different people, and I mean seen in the flesh, not on the internet.

For your information, the Exodus Cheese will herm if allowed to go past 70 days, just ask Truecannabliss.

You only think BH is a troll because he thinks you're full of shit and now I can see why.

grimweeder

i have a question

is it the media being way behind
or do people in the uk just generalize high grade weed and call it all skunk

hearing it in the news is getting annoying and ive always wondered why they keep using that term

lol
nah skunk used to be known as high grade weed around 10-20,30 years ago back when you had import thai weed like choc thai, cali orange etc an different hashes,
then soap bar took over an it was either weed, skunk(high grade) or hash(soap)
since around 90's more people got into the grow scene an different strains have since emerged/ become known, now on the streets all weed is basically mostly high grade if thats wot you can call it, we do get the bush weed or thai as it is but that has lost so much quality since years back an is jus known as shit/block weed now,
no1 really smokes soap bar anymore since the ingredients became common knowledge. (well leave the grit weed part out)
nice hash an nice prime weed does exist but it is generally scarce an over priced, an under cut(by common dealers anyway)
when the media is concerned and/or the governement they refer to any cannabis grown indoors under artificial lights as skunk form of cannabis an when busted an in court harsher sentences are usually applied if its shown to be skunk you were growing. many people claim it is jus herbal form of cannabis an get away with it.
the uk gov/media really havnt got an fuckin clue when it comes to cannabis they branded this skunk as "killer skunk"(no matter the actualy strain it is) an apparently it turns you into psychotic murderers due to it being 30 times stronger. so much bullshit propaganda i dunno where to begin.
fact is the home grown weed/ hash thats actually made by people that know wot their doin an are serious about it is probably some of the best grown anywhere but the mainstream weed thats commercial an wot most end up buying is shit an has/ is declining in quality rapidly, we really have one lot to blame an thats the vietnamese for growing an spreading their shitty tastless genetics an poor growin skills, they should fuck off an leave it people that know wot they are doing.(no offence)

ps sorry for the rant.

e2a: duno wot it is with selfing either, tends not to ever give a true representation of the og, spose its in the money as why breeders do it, sometimes works ok but usually has some kinda negative impact on the seedline produced. i still enjoy doin it though. something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.