What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonkey

I agree eddie, it's all confusing.

That Black Kush looks like a big yielder, how long does she take? How did it get the name Black Kush?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
i'd always lumped Afghani/kush/indica in the same catagory. Are there any indicas that are not Kushes or Kush Xs? What is the difference between Kush and Afghani?

they've got a saying in S Bristol, 'If it's not Kush it's bush'. As a sat lover i find that depressing

cheers
eddieS
Black Kush

It is pretty complicated, but to simplify ...

The Hindu Kush mountain range is in N Pakistan and the South half of Afghanistan.

Non Hindu Kush Afghani is Cannabis Indica
Hindu Kush weed is Cannabis Afghanica

Indica is the tall rangy Afghani, Afghanica is the short squat landrace Kush.

As there are no clear borders between these areas, there is a lot of blurring between the types, before they got a bit mixed up by us lot... Marijuana Botany goes into it at length.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Critical Mass is only 25% Afghan, 75% Skunk, White Widow has no Afghan/Kush in it, Free Tibet is only 25% Afghan. No way can you call a polyhybrid like that a 'Kush'

You've confused yourself with hate again,, Painted Lady is from 2009,, not 2010 when we worked with Kush plants. .. we've never called Painted Lady a 'Kush',, only you did. lmfao :biglaugh:

didnt know ghs did a master kush only ever seen stuff like bubba kush kings kush etc

Master Kush was Arjan's first strain,, before he set up Green House coffeeshops and seed company

Hope this helps

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The Hindu Kush mountain range is in N Pakistan and the South half of Afghanistan.

The Hindu Kush spans the north/east part of Afghanistan buddy and the NWFP of Pakistan north/west

South Afghanistan sits in the Indus Valley.

'The terms Kush and Afghan are interchangeable' [Mel Franks]

Hope this helps

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's my Blueberry cut at 6 1/2 weeks. ive kept it for 2 years plus and shared it so i think it counts as a clone only - especially given the variable nature of Bb
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Non Hindu Kush Afghani is Cannabis Indica
Hindu Kush weed is Cannabis Afghanica

Indica is the tall rangy Afghani, Afghanica is the short squat landrace Kush.

As there are no clear borders between these areas, there is a lot of blurring between the types, before they got a bit mixed up by us lot... Marijuana Botany goes into it at length.

interesting, so the maple leaf indica, which is pretty tall and stretchy is an indica whereas ya hashplants are kush. t
thanks
VG

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
FM-the Bristol Kush takes around 10wks to finish-of course alot cut it down at 8. I've known hardcore types growing organic in compost leave it until 12. It is 'Black' because it can go dark purple and show pink pistils-temps can cause this but i've also seen it in normal/warm rooms.

CC-tx for the MBotany ref. I've read it about 33times and can only remember a couple of paragraphs
nice Blueberry VG, i'd take that over a Kush any day
cheers
eddieS
BlackKush

funkymonkey

Not hard to get confused when you spout so much crap.

Stop making this stupid claim about Arjan and Master Kush, Arjan has never bred anything, he isn't even a grower, watching any of the GHS grow vids makes that clear. Don't bother quoting that Soft Secrets article where Arjan says he bred Master Kush, like all Arjan interviews, it's complete BS. Master Kush was bred by Shantibaba, not Arjan.

Originally Posted by Shantibaba

"Dr Kevorkian...a strain that was in between SSH and NH genetically."
"Doc Kevorkian was basically a particular NL5 x Haze one of the original sisters in the hood, there was also the NL5xHaze/Mist which was not really mist at all, just a ploy for the HTCC from the bobblehead for some reason or other? Anyhow there were alot of other things like Heavy Duty Fruity Nug, Richard Davis, Alaskan Thunder Fu-k, and the list goes on KGB, as the memories come back I will write. I have all of these things in seed stock from the early 90s and before.Maybe one day I will get around to putting them back into stock for those who are interested."
-----------------------------------------
"MR NICE SEEDBANK STRAIN BASE

SUPER SILVER HAZE : a hybrid of NL5/Haze x Skunk/Haze
CRITICAL MASS : afghani x Skunk...(Big Bud)
SHIT : 3/4 skunk 1/4 Afghani
La NINA : Haze x (Brazilian Sativa/Sth Indian)
BLACK WIDOW : (Brazilian Sativa/Sth Indian){stabile hybrid}
MEDICINE MAN : (Brazilian Sativa x Sth Indian)x Afghan
SHARK SHOCK : (Brazilian Sativa x Sth Indian)x Skunk
*RED DEVIL :Afghani x Afghani
DREAMTIME : Indoor mix...all possible
WALKabout : OUTDOOR mix...contains alot of countries varieties(also for indoor)
EARLY QUEEN : Early Pearl x Super Skunk x Early Girl
SPICE : Hawaiian Sativa/Hawaiian Indica {stabile hybrid}

Other strains from me:
GRAVITY : 4 way indica hybrid
NL5/Skunk : NL5 x skunk
PURE SKUNK : 100% skunk
ULTRA SKUNK : Skunk x Afghan
HAZE/SKUNK : Haze x Afghan
NEVILLES HAZE : 3/4 Haze 1/4 NL5...Haze being Thai/Colombian origin
*HASH PLANT : 100% indica
HIMALAYAN GOLD : Nepalese 100%
G13Skunk#1 : G13 x Skunk#1 <Nevil"s>
PP1 : Afghani x Skunk x NL5
MASTER KUSH : Kush Afghan x Kush Afghan

These are the strains that I have been responsible for the passed decade plus.
If there is skunk in any strain it will finish between 6 and 7 weeks.Some strains not on the MR NICE SEEDBANK list are either going to be one day or are out of seed stock at this moment.When I have produced enough seed of each strain they will be available for sale, but not till then.

All the best Shantibaba

On the Kush/Afghan thing, the lowland short, squat types like Bubba Kush, Deep Chunk etc. are not landraces, they are farmed lines maintained by man over centuries. The landraces of Afghanistan are taller, thinner leaves, more like the Central Asia types, Vavilov and Clarke wrote about the landraces, there aren't many examples on the market today of these types, Mazar-i-Sharif from Real Seed Co would be one example.

Dr. D

Veteran
They are still landrace genetics, landrace doesnt mean wild.
Just because they are bred by the farmers doesnt mean they are not landrace just not selected by nature...Peace

funkymonkey

When I say they aren't landrace, I should have said they aren't indigenous, the 'Afghanica' type indicas are imports from further east, China originally. The indigenous landraces are the highland taller, more sativa types.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VG that BB looks lush... how does she taste / smell?

hey herb thanks, she does taste/smell of blueberry - but there is a riot of other smells/tastes as well. floral,skunky,sweet hashy.
the smell is also incredibly strong - especially after the plants have been cut and dried.

theherbalizor

Veteran
sounds lovely.

I remember back in the day I picked up a bar of Blueberry. Never seen anything like it since. Can not remember the bud structure really but the smell was like pure blueberry jam. I had it stashed under my bed and it reaked the whole communal flat hallway out of skunky berries.

This was a good 15+ years ago. Everything Berry since I have found to be very earthy and not really that much of a stinker.... perhaps our paths will cross one day...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah it's a good'n. tends to foxtail later in flower, even under very low N. if you check the pics in my grow diary im flowering out a Lemon Thai atm (which i reckon is thai x afghan originally) the two plants look almost identical although taste,smell and high are different.
i think my blueberry leans heavily to the thai side without as much oaxican influence. but it's the only Bb ive ever grown so what would i know :D

C

cheesey

just de stalked the nmk and bsb after 5 days drying .

so far over 8oz of nmk . each pile is 31g
and 4oz of bsb

nmk bud shot

heres a pic of the bsb

C

cheesey

a cpl of cheese clones for my next run .

2 cheese and the lonestars killer queen

i will repot all when im back from prague into there final pots veg for a week or so then flower .......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts