What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hazyfontazy

Attachments

• cheese_at_60.JPG
    cheese_at_60.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 4

theherbalizor

Veteran
As i have said load of times, LOADS of people are putting out Psychosis as cheese, have been for years. I was even guilty of this for a while, not knowingly.

Don't worry ind mate, you'll have to come down for a herby get away - things are ready soon. AND I HAVE NO CHEESE, THANK FOOK!!!!! Just 37 different sativas to smoke if thats cool wid you

C

cheesey

DAY 59 12/12

psychosis

those pictures have just made me doubt the authenticity of the cheese i was given 6 years ago and have spread all over the world ,
obviously i could be wrong but fuck me that pic looks just like this 1
http://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=56388&stc=1&d=1273164305

looks like psychoisis too me hazy . thing what gets me when people say they have been growing cheese but realy its psychosis . psychosis smells NOTHING like cheese .

theherbalizor

Veteran
If you havent actually smoked a real cheese bud in a couple of years and someone throws a bag of psychosis at you with a cut sayin its cheese its very hard to say otherwise. Trust me on that.... but then now if I was thrown a bag of psychosis I would know instantly what it was.

I have even had psy and cheese bud on that same table from different growers and people think they are the same strain. A non cheesanaut would really stuggle, ime.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheese sometimes "corns" up like that,, depending on environment,, but Psychosis corns up most of the time ...

Psychosis

7253Psychosis_flower1.JPG

C

cheesey

If you havent actually smoked a real cheese bud in a couple of years and someone throws a bag of psychosis at you with a cut sayin its cheese its very hard to say otherwise. Trust me on that.... but then now if I was thrown a bag of psychosis I would know instantly what it was.

I have even had psy and cheese bud on that same table from different growers and people think they are the same strain. A non cheesanaut would really stuggle, ime.

i didnt mean smoking . i mean growing . the 2 strains are miles apart in smell . no musky smell with the psychoisis unlike cheese .

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i didnt mean smoking . i mean growing . the 2 strains are miles apart in smell . no musky smell with the psychoisis unlike cheese .

We agree,, Psychosis doesn't grow or smell or smoke like Cheese.

Blues on the other hand,, that could/can be mistaken for Cheese anyday.

The Blues also corns up like Psychosis,, but Cheese does not!

Hope this helps

C

cheesey

We agree,, Psychosis doesn't grow or smell or smoke like Cheese.

Blues on the other hand,, that could/can be mistaken for Cheese anyday.

The Blues also corns up like Psychosis,, but Cheese does not!

Hope this helps

cool doc . im realy looking forward in growing the blues . been wanting too for a cpl of yrs now .

im not going to do monsters just 9 topped and small lst in a 4ft by 5ft room flowered around 15" ,

any idea if shes a big strecher ? or is she ruffly the same strech as psychosis ?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
any idea if shes a big strecher ? or is she ruffly the same strech as psychosis ?

Less stretch than Psychosis,, but still more stretch than Cheese..

Blues is betwixt Cheese and Psychosis in patterns of growth,, and the flowering times.

I n I only grew each clone under glasshouse conditions,, (and Cheese under lights),, but we've seen them all grown indoors in different gardens enough times to draw distinction between one and tuther. Saying that at present we aren't keeping a clone of any of them.. lol

Personally we rate Psychosis as the best ,, possibly cause its more sativa leaning in all aspects.. and it came to us with the most love attached :joint:

Hope this helps

C

cheesey

Less stretch than Psychosis,, but still more stretch than Cheese..

Blues is betwixt Cheese and Psychosis in patterns of growth,, and the flowering times.

I n I only grew each clone under glasshouse conditions,, (and Cheese under lights),, but we've seen them all grown indoors in different gardens enough times to draw distinction between one and tuther. Saying that at present we aren't keeping a clone of any of them.. lol

Personally we rate Psychosis as the best ,, possibly cause its more sativa leaning in all aspects.. and it came to us with the most love attached :joint:

Hope this helps

cheers doc thats all i need to know . ill feed them just like cheese/psychosis roll on 15 weeks time lol

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enough of the Cheese chat anyhow,, there;s a UK Cheese thread somewhere :D

Here... http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=13663&highlight=Cheese+clone

Taken from top of this thread..

cheese is amazing, a beautiful strain in every respect!
but there's are other clone only (and british bred) strains in the uk that are of just as good quality.
i would love to hear about any other uk legendary strains.
please educate me, what you got? :joint:

Wat new tings grow about the UK ppl ???

Painted Lady,,,

picture.php

..aka Critical [HQS] x W.Widow x Free Tibet [So7omon Seeds]

A single pack of Painted Lady was sent to the ICMag server fund auction :canabis:

peace out all :canabis:

Last edited:

cannaboy

I call this 1 "D" its propper badass!!

I call this 1 "D" its propper badass!!

picture.php

Its my cheese clone! 10/10 for flavour aroma effects and satisfiction.

verge

Well you are wrong. It was first grown outdoors in a back garden in the Chiltern Hills. A friend of the original finder of the Cheese posted on UK420 the story of how it came about:

Originally posted by Out and Nowt @uk420

The story, I think you may be familiar with.
..in about 1988 my mate mark germed a load of seeds from sensi seed bank in his border amongst them were skunk no1, n. lights ,hash plant ...and took cuttings of the girls to grow indoors ...only one cut was taken from amongst the female sk no1 since we all didnt really realise that genetically they were all 'sisters ' and as such could have different charachteristics ...cheese is this one skunk no1 cutting.

she survived around this area amongst a group of us being prized as a cracking smoke but with associated problems caused by the very strong smell in flower ...a mate christened her 'cheese' since she had such an all pervading stink that she would have to be left outside with the camambert and old trainers if she wasnt going to polute the whole house..the guy who christened her always cooks up bizzare names especially for things to do with the drug world so he can chat in ploite company or in front of the kids without worrying.

maybe the cheese would have remained a local phenomenon if i hadnt been persuaded by my missus to go to an illegal rave put on by lutons exodus collective back in 95...she hated it ,i loved it and soon realised that these folk were on a mission ...sort of changed my life really ,ordinary people doing quite extraordinary things ..one of which was just starting to grow weed at their housing co op Haz manor.
because of the high profile stand against prohibition and their stand against hard drugs the police left the manor alone (even when documentaries appeared on tv blatantly stating their anti dealing/ pro diy cannabis stance)and soon the one cutting i took to the manor became many cuttings given out free to anyone who came in search of growing knowlege and genetics ...

That is the true story, regardless of what anyone else claims, it's been verified.

He's right, tho a lot has happened since then.

I remember back when big budda joined uk420 looking for an authentic cheese clone, he PM'd a couple of my friends. At this time although practically unheard of outside the uk cheese was already being sold in the homegrown fantasy coffeeshop, amsterdam. It was maybe a whole six months after he'd somehow managed to bag himself what he believed to be a cheese, and he'd backcrossed it five times and seeds were ready for sale. At the same time cheesey/Queijo/HotHouseFlowers and his band of canna conmen were also trying to cash in on the cheese brand. After being pipped to the post by big budda with his five backcrosses in six months epic creation (it was a really bad effort!) they started to dish out clones of what they believed to be cheese far and wide. Seeds have been sold as cheese, that dont even resemble cheese made from what can only be described as dubious stock by various canna conmen for maybe 5 years now, unless your cheese can be traced to the source, it might not be the real cheese :eek: but who cares, it is what it is and its what it does to your head that counts.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ello you green-fingered bunch!
Thought I'd post some bits'n'bobs up since I am up late due to a bit of a hasty dismantling(due to paranoia--not mine ;] ) of a space I was 'borrowing' for Sativa germinations/vegging and some bloom-testing of male cuts.I got at least 1 cut of everything(which took much longer than the tear-down!:mopper:)so not a huge loss or anything,just delays tings for me by a few months....when time is of the essence,really! Boo!
Anyhoo heres a few "Little bloomers" for ya:
A test clone of Urbn-Poizon(Whose name I may have to change due to its use by a dodgy seed co.:asskick: She was put into bloom a week after roots showed and pinched out twice...She blooms for 9-10weeks is Very Compact and has a very up high but in an energising physical way as well as in head(keeps me awake tho' LOL). She smells like Coriander/Pernod/BathSalts/ and tastes like Burnt-liquorice and Alcohol/Hash-oil.
She be consisting of:
(DP'93Lsth#f3.x.Transkush'95#f1.X.DP'93Lsth.x.DPStix'93#f4.)X(Bazmati'98#f4.X.Keshama#f4)
Although I contribute only a 3rd of the work to the line and The 2 orig DP's and the Transkei(in the Transkush hybrid)to the line as its a 3-way project.
JBo ;]

Attachments

• DSCF2252.jpg
    DSCF2252.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF2264.jpg
    DSCF2264.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 10

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And here is wee tester of 'SilverPuffz' although SugarSilverHazePuffz or SSHP would be more traditional I 'spose :gday:
Crossed in the Valencia Sunshine last summer by a great friend for Urbn-Trchmlgy she is:
SugarPuffz75% X Sensi SilverHaze'93#f6
She is very delicious and meaty/Syrupy/Incensey and bloomed in 12weeks but 13 or more probly better. The shot below is a few plantlets pre-chop :tiphat:

Attachments

• DSCF2256.jpg
    DSCF2256.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF2250.jpg
    DSCF2250.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 10

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That Disc that these pics are on is failing so will post rest up asap...Heres some veg pics for the mo'

Attachments

• DSCF2219.jpg
    DSCF2219.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF2247.jpg
    DSCF2247.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF2244.jpg
    DSCF2244.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2228.jpg
    DSCF2228.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 8

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres Cheese x SantaMarta flowering and a few more of babies ;] They're all a little bigger now but amongst them and in another veg space are... WW'96,ElNino,WR,WWxBBerry,BlackDomina'93,PinkDiesel,Quaze,Jack'oNesia,Cujo,ChemxCujo,Cujak47,WonderHaze,SoftCheeze,YeilderCheese,MonstaMunch,Tutti,Sk1'89,Sage'nSour,H.O.G.,Vanillaluna,CocoaKush,GoldFinger,KentishCreme,Psy,PsyBerry,MentalHome,JackiePSD,Backtooth's,LemonSk,LemonVenom,Doc,POG,GoldTooth,StrawbNL,PPSkz,SPuffz,SPuffz88and75,CaseyJones,Bazmati,Quacha'sNeck x ?,TranSkAGExCaipirihuana and a couple more?....
I will tell you about the stuff from the Sativa/Male room when its set up again next week...;]

Attachments

• DSCF2249.jpg
    DSCF2249.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2218.jpg
    DSCF2218.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2225.jpg
    DSCF2225.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2226.jpg
    DSCF2226.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

bigwity

Veteran
Seedsman Skunk #1 is dead cheap and still the same seeds they bought in bulk from Sam. I was planning to do a large seed grow of seedsman's old stuff from Sam over in Holland, I was gonna do 100 Haze, 100 Skunk, 100 Haze x Skunk, 50 Haze x Indian, 50 Skunk x Indian, 50 Skunk x Hawaiian and 50 Skunk x Durban. Imagine the keepers I might have got out of that lot!

Never happened, blame the politie!

The best phenos of Sam's version of Skunk were always the 12-13 week ones, the Alegria cut is supposed to be a 12 week Colombian pheno. I get really dismayed and a little annoyed when I see all these Cheese breeding threads and Cheese hybrids and people growing The Pure or BB's Cheese because I know that they would be far better off buying packs of Seedsman's Skunk #1 and dabbling in the original skunk genepool.

I've never been convinced that Cheese was a Skunk #1, and it just occurred to me that the seeds grown out in 1988 were from Sensi. Well, that means they could well have been different to the Skunk #1 from Sam. Sensi purchased seedstock from Sam in 1985, they produced their own seeds so what was being sold as Sensi Skunk in 1988 was probably 3 gens on from what Sam sold em, assuming 1 generation per year as they were growing and breeding under glass, growing tens of thousands of seed plants. I have no idea what selections took place, but I expect the longest flowering phenos didn't finish too well in Holland, even under glass unless they were force flowering using tarpaulins. They may well have selected the earlier phenos that finished best in their conditions, that would have removed the best most sativa leaning phenos and that was to the detriment of the strain imho.

I mean, come on, what sounds more interesting, a Mexican pheno that was like herbal acid or Cheese that makes you lick windows all day?

I'm just about to receive some Skunk beans from the 1978 Mendocino Joe Skunk that ohsogreen has preserved ever since he got them from Joe himself in a late night parking lot rendezvous in the Bay Area in 78. I'm reliably informed that it's the original Sacred Seeds Skunk (Mendo Joe being one of the small circle of guys who bred Skunk) the same one that Sam started working with and Sam selected for the sweet sativa side, hence the Skunk #1 came about. The 78 Skunk has been preserved outdoors in Cali through open pollination using decent numbers and ohso tells me it produces 50% indica phenos (that stink BAAAAAAD!), 25% Acapulco Gold phenos and 25% Colombian Gold phenos. Well, I am not at all interesting in the indica phenos, I'll pass them on to someone as they will be of interest to the Cheese freaks. I want the Acapulco and Lumbo phenos, through careful selection, I should be able to find some pretty special sativas I hope, and having both Acapulco Gold and Colombian Gold in pure seed form, I see the opportunity for some very interesting breeding. The AG and CG in pure form are awesome, but neither gives it's best indoors, so an infusion of Skunk but Skunk that mostly shares the same genes would probably be the best possible route to making derivatives of the Acapulco and Lumbo that do work really well indoors.

Anyways, form an orderly queue all you Cheese freaks, I will start taking requests for the indica phenos of the 78 Skunk as soon as the seeds arrive and are sprouted, I'm way too paranoid to flower the due to the immense smell, and as Cheese is an indica dominant 88 Skunk, I am sure you wanna sample an indica dominant 78 Skunk!
im not a cheese man
ill get in que for the sats

JB72

Whats the genetics behind the UK Blues? I know it's probably in this thread but I'm struggling to find the info, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts