What's new

uh oh... Scarsdale mom grows pot

MIway

Veteran
6.04.2013, 17:18 PM
Westchester mom ran million-dollar marijuana operation out of Queens warehouse: cops

DEA
Meet the Scarsdale version of “Weeds” — a divorced suburban mom busted for allegedly running a multimillion-dollar pot growing operation from a Queens warehouse.

Andrea Sanderlin was cooling her heels Tuesday in a Brooklyn lockup and facing up to 10 years in prison for running what the feds described as a “sophisticated operation to grow and process marijuana.”

And unlike the fictional pot princess on Showtime’s “Weeds,” played by Mary-Louise Parker, Sanderlin will need more than a script writer to get her out of this jam.

handout/REUTERS

Actress Mary-Louise Parker of the series "Weeds." Unlike Parker's pot princess character, Andrea Sanderlin will need more than a script writer to get her out of this jam. She faces up to 10 years in prison.
Her lawyer, Joel Winograd, called her a “full-time mother” with no criminal record. She has pleaded not guilty to a federal charge of conspiring to manufacture and distribute 1,000 or more pot plants.

RELATED: PRESCRIPTION POT BILL ROLLS THROUGH NY ASSEMBLY

“She’s never been in trouble before,” he said. “It’s rare that you get a woman accused of running a grow house.”

Norman Y. Lono/for New York Daily News

Andrea Sanderlin and her two daughters lived the high life in this spacious Scarsdale, NY home.
Winograd, whose past clients include Gambino mob soldier Michael (Roc) Roccaforte and celebrity shoe-designer-turned-scammer Steve Madden, is now trying to get her sprung on bail.

The 45-year-old blond’s arrest came as a jolt to people who knew her as the doting mom of two girls, ages 3 and 13, who tooled around her Westchester town in a Mercedes SUV and lived in a sprawling, five-bedroom house.

“She seemed like every other mom,” said Scott Tarter at the Twin Lakes Farm in Bronxville, where Sanderlin rode horses and one of her daughters is in the riding academy. “I did find it odd that she hadn’t been around for a couple of weeks.”

DEA

When authorities first confronted Sanderlin at the warehouse, she denied them entry, so they obtained a search warrant.
RELATED: COLO. BECOMES 1ST LEGAL RECREATIONAL POT MARKET

At Sanderlin’s Spanish-style home, shocked neighbors said the only red flag was the father of her younger daughter.

“It was obvious that he wasn’t a dad who put on a shirt and tie and took the 7:04 to the city,” one neighbor said.

DEA

Law enforcement said the warehouse was equipped with “state of the art lighting, irrigation and ventilation systems.”
But former father-in-law James Sanderlin started chuckling when a Daily News reporter told him she had been arrested.

“Isn’t that something?” the North Carolina man said. “She and my son married young and have been divorced for upteen years. They had a son and my son raised him.”

RELATED: EX-MICROSOFT MANAGER EYES NATIONAL POT BRAND

DEA

An informant reportedly led police to Sanderlin. Authorities noticed the warehouse used an unusually high amount of electricity.
Asked what Sanderlin was like, he answered, “I’d rather not say.”

Sanderlin’s secret life began spilling out in April when Drug Enforcement Administration agents arrested five men who had been growing pot in two New York City warehouses, according to a complaint.

Their alleged leader was 50-year-old Stephen Haberstroh, a longtime friend of Sanderlin’s, according to The Smoking Gun website, which broke the story.

Sam Costanza

Anthony Flores, 33, in front of his home at 58-14 57th Drive — across the street from the hydroponic marijuana operation — would often smell the marijuana aroma emitting from the warehouse.
To save his own skin, one of the five spilled that a woman he knew as “Andi” had her own pot plantation somewhere in the city. Investigators began tailing Sanderlin and discovered she ran a business called Fantastic Enterprises from a warehouse in Maspeth, Queens.

RELATED: THE MARIJUANA RX FOR SICK NEW YORKERS

They discovered it was using an “unusually high amount of electricity” — a tell-tale sign of an indoor pot-growing operation — and that she paid her bills in cash.

Sam Costanza

Authorities recently raided the warehouse at 58-15 57 Drive to find a hydroponic marijuana growing operation.
On May 20, the feds confronted Sanderlin at the warehouse and discovered a pot growing operation complete with “state of the art lighting, irrigation and ventilation systems.”

They also seized around 2,800 plants and “large quantities of dried marijuana,” records show.

At Sanderlin’s home, the feds found $6,000 in cash and books on money laundering and growing marijuana.

Good pics at the link

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
lol was just about to post this but you beat me to it !

shes looking at 10 years fuck that sucks

Her lawyer, Joel Winograd, called her a “full-time mother” with no criminal record. She has pleaded not guilty to a federal charge of conspiring to manufacture and distribute 1,000 or more pot plants.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I wonder if she was more of an investor or a "fall guy" with her name on the lease of the warehouse and not an actual gardener.

Caring for 1000 plants probably wouldn't leave much time for horse riding and living the high life.

dddaver

Veteran
This story has the smell of swine and corruption all over it. $3 mil. my ass.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They discovered it was using an “unusually high amount of electricity” — a tell-tale sign of an indoor pot-growing operation — and that she paid her bills in cash."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]....Wait....what? A business warehouse? There must be at least a million other (legal) reasons for high electricity use. Businesses are suspicious because they use power now? Fuck them. Somebodies lying. Makes me feel just warm all over knowing the power companies that we all have to be involved with are in cahoots with that so obviously corrupt entity the DEA who has done nothing but fuck-up everything they've done for a long time ;P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They are obviously reaching for evidence.This will piss people off and when her lawyers point those things out and the fact that there is even a popular TV[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] program all about someone who is [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]just like her, a pretty good Mom, she will walk.

Now I'm not saying that was right what she did. She was over-extravagant to say the least. But she'll get off scot-free because not only does she have piles of bucks to buy her way out, but because just like everything else them fucks do, the DEA fucked this all up.

And who ultimately loses? We the people paying taxes for all those yucks to run around banging into each other do.....again.
[/FONT]

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... hmmmn, the story I read says the count was 3,000 plants and one of her associates got arrested and snitched.:)

mrcreosote

Veteran
Lol,
Apparently the ventilation systems weren't quite 'state of the art' if the guy across the street could smell weed.

devilgoob

Veteran
Is she hot?

She grows so much weed she's naked and walks blissfully between buds, branches, and shadows....both exotically showcasing and hiding the ingredients needed for powerful libidinal flow.

jm420

Veteran
3 mil aint 2 far fetched
3000 plants at 2 oz per plant 6000 oz x400=2400000
1000 plants at 6oz's a plant is quite doable
lot of fuckin work though

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

when I talk about driving taxi in NY, 99% of it was in Scarsdale. I looked up the addy on that house, Saxon Woods Rd, 2 million plus in value imo. Feds are gonna seize it & the grow house as well.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
She grows so much weed she's naked and walks blissfully between buds, branches, and shadows....both exotically showcasing and hiding the ingredients needed for powerful libidinal flow.

libidinal flow, that was on the Dept of Homeland Security Hot Word list I think

watts

ohms
Veteran
This story has the smell of swine and corruption all over it. $3 mil. my ass.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They discovered it was using an “unusually high amount of electricity” — a tell-tale sign of an indoor pot-growing operation — and that she paid her bills in cash."

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]....Wait....what? A business warehouse? There must be at least a million other (legal) reasons for high electricity use. Businesses are suspicious because they use power now? Fuck them. Somebodies lying. Makes me feel just warm all over knowing the power companies that we all have to be involved with are in cahoots with that so obviously corrupt entity the DEA who has done nothing but fuck-up everything they've done for a long time ;P [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They are obviously reaching for evidence.This will piss people off and when her lawyers point those things out and the fact that there is even a popular TV[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] program all about someone who is [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]just like her, a pretty good Mom, she will walk.

Now I'm not saying that was right what she did. She was over-extravagant to say the least. But she'll get off scot-free because not only does she have piles of bucks to buy her way out, but because just like everything else them fucks do, the DEA fucked this all up.

And who ultimately loses? We the people paying taxes for all those yucks to run around banging into each other do.....again.
[/FONT]

Legit Businesses don't usually pay their $9,000 monthly electric bill in cash.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I like the house!

tbh I always see these ''sophisticated'' grow ops and I always think they could have used far less electric anyway..

I mean if all those plants were scrogged or at least heavily trained, she wouldn't have to use as many lights in the pic. in fact it almost looks like a mother room rather than flowering area.