UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos

• Cain Velasquez

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Junior dos Santos

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lung.Butter

The fight made me realise what a tough bastard Roy Nelson is. He ate shots from JDS all night long.

Prelims were a good watch, great quality stream on facialbook.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I'm afraid fighters like Roy will end up punch drunk in retirement. Guys who lack the off switch sustain far more head trauma than guys who get knocked out. Like the Japanese fighter who calls himself the 'Zombie'. You might can't knock him out but you can sure can bobble his head.

supermanlives

Veteran
man was i pissed off. got my beer ,got my steak sat down and before i could take 3 bites and a sip of beer it was over. errrrrrrrrrrrrr

A

ariston

man was i pissed off. got my beer ,got my steak sat down and before i could take 3 bites and a sip of beer it was over. errrrrrrrrrrrrr
haha, these events arent the type you are supposed to have a meal with.

Junior showed some slick skills. Completely saw that punch coming and countered with a precise shot to the ear. Props to Junior.

Oh BTW, to the last guys in the previous page saying Ubereem wont get JDS. Remember that Ubereem is a K1 champ. His standup is no joke.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Overeem is good,but K1 uses boxing gloves and is more of just a KickBoxing than MMA.I would bet anything that Overeem loses by knockout to Junior.He does have good stand up,but it wont be enough.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Overeem is good,but K1 uses boxing gloves and is more of just a KickBoxing than MMA.I would bet anything that Overeem loses by knockout to Junior.He does have good stand up,but it wont be enough.

have you seen Alistair's k1 fights? the last person to rock him was Badr Hari in '09. and Badr fucking Hari hits harder than probably anybody on this earth.

JDS will have his hands full with Alistair if/when they fight. Overeem has the deadliest clinch in the game and will trade punches with the best of them. not to mention his guillotine!

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
I know once he gets the hands locked around the neck in the Muay Thai Clinch,his knees are vicious.But i stil dont think he will stand up to JDS.Didnt he beat Badr in the rematch?Either way,it will be a good fight,because i see him beating Lesnar just as Cain did and he will meet up with Junior.Well have to wait n see,but i would stil put my money on Dos santos.

Lung.Butter

The trouble with Alistair is everyone has seen him hurt and knocked out so many times. He's a very dangerous striker with a suspect chin, his fight with Brock should be very cool, i think the Reem will take it, i would expect JDS to ko him though.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
if brock manages to hold Alistair down and not get submitted i will be surprised honestly

Ramius

Veteran
To quote Overeem

I'm going to tear this guy apart

and I believe him :D

He does a good job of using his huge arms to cover up, although best used in his K1 fights to block punches wearing big gloves, he does adopt the same in his MMA fights. If he can stuff Brock's takedowns then I have no doubt we will see Brock vs Cain all over again.

JDS is another story, he has the speed and power to put anyone to sleep

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Yeah I agree. Though I must say, as much as I originally hated the cheesy gladiator/nu-metal intro, its kinda fits like an old glove now and I've been a bit nostalgic about it since learning its gonna go away.

Fox will prolly replace it with fighting robots and Eminem, hehe.
Have no clue how someone would give Neg Rep for this post.Must be someone that hates Robots,lol.