What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC Jones vs Evans, who you got?

What is your prediction for the fight Mr T.? My prediction for the fight?? ..........PAIN......

Evans is going to get systematically dismantled by Jones in a VERY painful way like all the others before him.....

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Oh man, I never even knew that about jones. Just googled it, what a fucking bitch. Haha, still think he is going to fucking destroy evans though.

Going to be a great night all around.

aod

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Shows what better conditioning and athleticism accomplishes. Evans was all cocky coming in, that look dropped off his face after a few elbows hit it.

Was not as good of a fight as I thought it was going to be, but Jones did great.

aod

watts

ohms
Veteran
the guys in jones corner was strange compared to most i've seen. Like some kind of hypnosis robotic control talk.

Yep, I think Jones gave Evans a little too much respect which led to a boring rather technical fight. Jones was playing it safe as he did not want to loose to Evans. He could have easily destroyed Evans if he would have opened up a little more.

I just cant fathom anyone placing a BET that Jones would loose that fight.

G

guest3871

Jones has a 7 foot wingspan, and incredible dexterity. That will be hard for anyone to deal with.
And he will only get better.

sams

Jones is special, no doubt about it. I have trained with many high level guys but Jones is on another level to everybody else. Some of the people i train with train 3 times per day (i used to train twice per day myself) but Jones in smashing 5 sessions per day. Plus physically he is gifted being so long with his reach, and he is filling out a lot now too. He is going to crush Dan Henderson in less than 3 rounds, and i predict a nearly identical fight to the Rampage fight. I definitely see Tito losing the record for most LHW title defenses. :)

e2a - you guys see Ben Rothwell? Knew i made a bad pick when i saw him weigh in. He looked in great shape. :)

Ben did indeed look like a new man. What is killer about it is that he lost NO weight at all, turned everything into muscle instead of just "slimming down" or dropping pounds like most over weight fighters do. Frank Mir is another great example of this as he actually gained pounds....pounds of muscle that is.

The downside is that all those muscles need energy and oxygen which translates to a fighter getting tired after just one or 2 rounds. How many times have we seen that happen?? Its not pretty to see the hulk all pumped up and so tired he can not even raise his arms above his head.

The big boys have to find that "balance" so they are as big/strong as possible but not so big that they tank quickly. Not a easy balance to maintain for most I would imagine.

Also what makes Jones so special as well as his talent is his size, and that "freak" of nature clause. He walks around at 230 pounds. When he gets tired of crushing ALL in the LHW class Dan Henderson included, dont think he wont be able to crush people in the big boy class.

I would go so far as to say he could start TODAY in the HW class and be all up in the current title holders face with his fist and kicks!

sams

Ben did indeed look like a new man. What is killer about it is that he lost NO weight at all, turned everything into muscle instead of just "slimming down" or dropping pounds like most over weight fighters do. Frank Mir is another great example of this as he actually gained pounds....pounds of muscle that is.

The downside is that all those muscles need energy and oxygen which translates to a fighter getting tired after just one or 2 rounds. How many times have we seen that happen?? Its not pretty to see the hulk all pumped up and so tired he can not even raise his arms above his head.

The big boys have to find that "balance" so they are as big/strong as possible but not so big that they tank quickly. Not a easy balance to maintain for most I would imagine.

Also what makes Jones so special as well as his talent is his size, and that "freak" of nature clause. He walks around at 230 pounds. When he gets tired of crushing ALL in the LHW class Dan Henderson included, dont think he wont be able to crush people in the big boy class.

I would go so far as to say he could start TODAY in the HW class and be all up in the current title holders face with his fist and kicks!

yes i know when i roll with big guys , heavyweights and such (i am only walking around @ around 165lbs) i just keep them and their hands busy until their arms fill up with blood, and they tire out etc, then i strike with a submission.
Yes i would like to see Jones vs Schaub, Herman or somebody from the HW division. Only reason i say Schaub & co is those guys are all weighing in under 240 and not cutting weight. Jones really isn't, if at all much smaller than those guys. :)