Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But - the fact remains, that Lawler couldn't PREVENT that from happening...so what does that say about him???

It says that he was fighting one of the best in the world. He couldn't prevent every takedown, but Hendricks couldn't exploit those takedowns either. It's not like he didn't want to. Lawler was too good to let it happen.

Judges have scored for takedowns too much in recent UFC history. In my opinion. I've seen fights where the guy who does literally no damage wins a decision over a guy who hurt him and almost knocked him out. Like with Randy Couture and Brandon Vera. I think the fighter who does the most damage should win the fight. Not the one who contolled more minutes of the fight without doing damage.

Hendricks looked like a beaten man at the end of this fight. Scoring each round separately like in boxing is another problem in this sport. Lawler clearly got the better of Hendricks overall. The score went his way, unexpectedly. There has to be a better way of scoring fights, though. Getting a 10 / 9 score in a virtually even round shouldn't count as much as what Robbie did in the 5th.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Lawler has always been My fave Fighter for ever.I mean back when he had hair on his head and looked 12(was13 1/12) lol.He looked it.Hes always been a viscous Puncher but would give in to rear naked's.I pretty much pick J Jones because we grew up (I'm older though) just a mile from each other.But the whole snitching on some kid for puffing is nuts.I never heard or anything till someone said it here.Stil never tryed to look into it,but that would be nuts.Even though he's a Preachers Son,I never seen anything in the Bible that says MJ is a Sin,because it isn't.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed 🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts