• Junior dos Santos

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Cain Velasquez

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetroGrow

Veteran
Good fight by Cain. Looked like Junior was hurt early, and never recovered. He didn't look himself from the beginning. Just no fire.
Had his hands down the whole night, and Cain still couldn't knock him out. But no defense by Junior and no kicks.

The_Protege

Cain had more than a few opportunities to put JDS away but it looked like he didn't follow up rather just leaned on him. I think Cain wanted to give DJS a 5 round beating for talking shit for a year.

The_Protege

I dunno what you were seeing retro but Cain could have KO'd DJS in any round he wanted to. After the 1st and then the 2nd it was blatantly obvious he want going to finish him rather punish him for 5

RetroGrow

Veteran
I dunno what you were seeing retro but Cain could have KO'd DJS in any round he wanted to. After the 1st and then the 2nd it was blatantly obvious he want going to finish him rather punish him for 5

Right!
Cain didn't want to finish him.
He held him up for 5 rounds just to punish him.
Not!
And a truly idiotic post.
Obviously Cain was trying to knock him out, and if you asked him or anyone else who knows anything, they will tell you the same thing.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Cain this match and so was pleased when he put the big right on Junior's chin. He wailed on him the rest of that round and was fully expecting a KO in the 2nd, but then Cain didn't seem to have any power left in his punches, which was surprising to me. Thought with his wrestling background, he'd have good stamina, plus he seems to maintain an efficient pace during fights, but maybe he punched himself out at the end of round 1.
Still, good win by Cain.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Cain this match and so was pleased when he put the big right on Junior's chin. He wailed on him the rest of that round and was fully expecting a KO in the 2nd, but then Cain didn't seem to have any power left in his punches, which was surprising to me. Thought with his wrestling background, he'd have good stamina, plus he seems to maintain an efficient pace during fights, but maybe he punched himself out at the end of round 1.
Still, good win by Cain.

Yup, they were both gassed, but Junior was hurt early and dropped his hands. If you listened to Joe Rogan, Junior wasn't going to last the first round. Junior took a lot of punches that would have dropped a normal man, but he hung tough. Cain obviously gassed after second round and couldn't finish Junior, which must have shocked Rogan, who in the first round said, "no way Junior can take another twenty minutes of this".
Junior didn't have any fire tonight, or maybe Cain just put it out with that first shot.

The_Protege

Right!
Not!
Obviously Cain was trying to knock him out, and if you asked him or anyone else who knows anything, they will tell you the same thing.

Idiotic post?

Watch the replay when on several occasions cain rocks DJS then rather than separating for distance to fish he just leans on him. Watch th reply and count the amound of times he rocks him with afelt right then rather than go for the kill just leans on him. At least twice every round! So thats at least 10 times in the fight he can go FTW but instead chooses to lean on him.

If you dont think cain wanted that fight to go 5 rounds you have rocks in your head

RetroGrow

Veteran
Idiotic post?

Watch the replay when on several occasions cain rocks DJS then rather than separating for distance to fish he just leans on him. Watch th reply and count the amound of times he rocks him with afelt right then rather than go for the kill just leans on him. At least twice every round! So thats at least 10 times in the fight he can go FTW but instead chooses to lean on him.

If you dont think cain wanted that fight to go 5 rounds you have rocks in your head

You're either drunk and/or an idiot.
Definitely an idiot, but sounds like you must be drunk too, and you also know nothing about MMA. Junior doesn't talk shit, but that's all you've posted.
Why don't you make a poll and see how many folks thought Cain was not trying to knock Junior out.? Maybe the whole fight was staged, and they were both playing roles.
Anyway, no sense arguing with a fool.
I've already wasted too much time on someone who is mentally challenged, for whatever reason.
:moon:

B

blue green

Of course he definately wanted to finish the fight, but he wanted to win so badly that he just didn't have the gonads to risk being caught himself by standing in the pocket.

Which is understandable.

The win was more important than risking a loss just for the sake of the finish. That's all. :)

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
JDS's jaw was broken in the second round by Cain and the tough bastard hung in there for another three rounds
Here's a couple of pics from the net, of Cain punching that broken jaw again and again and again :nono:

Great fight that was worth the wait for it to happen :dance013:

Last edited:

The_Protege

You're either drunk and/or an idiot.
Definitely an idiot, but sounds like you must be drunk too, and you also know nothing about MMA. Junior doesn't talk shit, but that's all you've posted.
Why don't you make a poll and see how many folks thought Cain was not trying to knock Junior out.? Maybe the whole fight was staged, and they were both playing roles.
Anyway, no sense arguing with a fool.
I've already wasted too much time on someone who is mentally challenged, for whatever reason.
:moon:

I picked cain. You picked JDS...

Of course DJS was talking shit. He said he was going to KO Cain...

This is going to be good!
I love Junior, and think he is the baddest man on the planet, so naturally I'm picking him. He is bigger, stronger, faster and longer than Cain. Junior is a naturally big guy and a natural athlete. His boxing/striking skills are the best in MMA. He is as good a boxer as a world class professional boxer. If you saw the weigh in, Junior looked ripped like I've never seen him, and he is much bigger than Cain. Cain will try to take him down, but Junior can hold his own on the ground with anyone. Junior can knock anyone out with a single blow, and I believe he will knock out Cain again, probably with one punch. Cain is known to have a "good chin", but that didn't stop Junior from knocking him out last time with a single blow. Junior is getting better all the time, and I don't see how Cain can deal with him.

Yeah that happened... NOT

They hand picked an "easy" opponent for Leban, because he hasn't been able to beat anyone lately. He does have the ugliest hair, though.

Wrong again. I picked the winner of that fight too...

Going for Belcher here.......Japanese guys don't do well here.....This should be a knockout for Belcher...Going to be interesting because Okami is good.

You know i picked the winner of this one too. I'v lost count of how many times YOU have been dead wrong!

And i a "drunk mentally challenged idiot fool who doesn't know about MMA" ?

Good fight by Cain. Looked like Junior was hurt early, and never recovered. He didn't look himself from the beginning. Just no fire.
Had his hands down the whole night, and Cain still couldn't knock him out. But no defense by Junior and no kicks.

Why would a striker kick at a wrestler???????????

You expected JDS to kick????? Hhahahahahha you really don't have a clue do you.

JDS didn't kick because Cain would have taken him down and beat the shit out of him. Thats what wrestlers do.

Right!
Not!

Try listening to what i'm saying rather than slinging shit like a monkey.

Any wrestlers plan is to take the top position and wear out the opponent while taking minimal risks.

ALL the best wrestlers do it. GSP, Hughes, Sonnen etc...

Even yushin okami did it.

This is why i picked Cain and you picked JDS. Because i know what im talking about and you do not...

Cains plan was clearly to lean on JDS for 5 rounds and beat the shit out of him. I knew this before the fight even started.

Cain did have many many opportunities to Finnish but chose to stick with the game plan.

It would be nice to see a clever response to this post from you retro but i know your just going to sling more monkey insults. You make the mistake of thinking i care that you try to insult me, i do not.

Fun getting pwned by a "drunk mentally challenged idiot fool who doesn't know about MMA" huh?

The_Protege

I will put my predictions out there lol

Main card
Velasquez
Lauzon
Boetsch
Okami
Brunson

Preliminary Card
Pickett
Perez
Varner (if he doesnt get KO'd in the 1st 30secs) Figh of the night!
Jury

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Duffee
Moraga
Garcia

Main card
Velasquez - Picked it
Lauzon - Cant pick em all. Good brawl
Boetsch - Looked so good in the 1st. o well
Okami - Picked it
Brunson - Picked it

Preliminary Card
Pickett - o well
Perez - picked it
Varner - picked it
Jury - picked it

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Duffee - picked it
Moraga - picked it
Garcia - Robbed!!!! Everyone knows Garcia won that fight.

8 out of 12 ... not bad for a drunk mentally challenged idiot fool who doesn't know about MMA lol

66.6% win rate but if we count Carcias loss as a win which it clearly was then im at a 75% win rate

This is going to be good!
I love Junior, and think he is the baddest man on the planet, so naturally I'm picking him.

Shutout for Brunson.

Going for Belcher here.

If I had to make a pick, I guess I would go with Boetsch.

And RetroGrow picked 1 out of 4.
25% winner.
But more importantly 75% loser!

Whos the drunk mentally challenged idiot fool who doesn't know about MMA now Retro?????

Watch you mouth :nanana:

RetroGrow

Veteran
JDS's jaw was broken in the second round by Cain and the tough bastard hung in there for another three rounds
Here's a couple of pics from the net, of Cain punching that broken jaw again and again and again :nono:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=16405&pictureid=990157]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=16405&pictureid=990158]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=16405&pictureid=990173]View Image[/URL]
Great fight that was worth the wait for it to happen :dance013:

That's pretty incredible that he hung in there for so long against such a dangerous guy with a broken jaw. You could see that he was hurt early, and wasn't recovering, but I never guessed a broken jaw. None of the announcers noticed it either. He looked dazed the entire fight and it didn't seem possible that he would last the distance. It had to hurt bad taking shots on the broken jaw. His corner kept shouting "coração, coração", which means "heart" or "show your heart", and he really did. He was even throwing uppercuts in the last round, trying to win despite the beating he took. Not too many people could endure that. Props to Junior for a valiant effort, and props to Cain for the win. Heavyweights don't hold the belt too long due to the nature of the beast, so it'll be interesting to see what comes next.

The_Protege

I think i remember seeing a comment in this thread saying Cain Velasquez was "gassed" and couldn't finish.

[YOUTUBEIF]0u-WS75u98U#t=148s[/YOUTUBEIF]

Dana White: "and i honestly think from the second round on he could have stopped that fight whenever he wanted to"