What's new

UFC 137: Penn vs. Diaz

Billy Jack

Two judges scored 29-28??????????
What were they watching?

HOLY SHITTTTTT!!!!!
The punk got punked by a bigger/better punk and he quit? Too bad, I love watching him fight despite his lackluster approach to training. We will never know BJ's true potential unfortunately.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I'm amazed at the punishment these guys can absorb and not go down.
I thought it was obvious BJ won round one, Diaz won round 2 big, and the last round was a slugfest with both guys absorbing tremendous punishment.
It was close to a draw but you had to give the advantage to Diaz, just on number of punches landed.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
he ridiculously ruined a former two time UFC champion, that speaks volumes...

Billy Jack

Wow...BJ and Mirko in one card? I know I'm getting old but my MMA heroes are falling and they are all younger than me.....this is a bad sign.

Grendelkhan

Diaz is a fricken machine. Him and GSP is going to be epic. The shit talking that Diaz is going to talk is going to be out of hand but it will be a classic heel vs. babyface!

RetroGrow

Veteran
Fighting @ 170, BJ is fighting out of his weight class against bigger, taller guys. I think he could still be successful in a lower weight class, but he's been on the downside for a while now. It's best that he quits. He doesn't need the money.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some pretty good fights tonight and a few that I thought were pretty boring.

I like that Cerrone won by submission since that was my prediction for that fight.

GSP vs Diaz could be a good fight but I hope GSP outclasses him and wins.

Billy Jack

Fighting @ 170, BJ is fighting out of his weight class against bigger, taller guys. I think he could still be successful in a lower weight class, but he's been on the downside for a while now. It's best that he quits. He doesn't need the money.

I agree that BJ has never needed money...ever. The issue with him at 155 is that he can't make weight comfortably and he has rarely shown the work ethic needed to compete at the current championship level for that class. Remember when he as fat in the PRIDE days? His silver spoon spoiled him I think, just my opinion though, and I hate seeing him quit. I just wish history had served us a more committed BJ Penn but he was lucky to be as naturally talented throughout that particular era of MMA. As a BJ fan I can't help but feel cheated.....he will be missed.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/10/26/b-j-penn-calls-out-cesar-gracie/

dbuzz

Veteran
OMYm8.png

stockton, mfer. :D

AGBeer

Im loving this post fight sig picture ;)

Cant be mad though, I wanted Diaz to win but I didnt give him the benefit of the doubt.

I knew I should have stayed an anti BJ fan!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Im loving this post fight sig picture ;)

Cant be mad though, I wanted Diaz to win but I didnt give him the benefit of the doubt.

I knew I should have stayed an anti BJ fan!

nice looking pic!!! i bet everyone wants to see a BIGGER one!!!

when you post a pic, take out the "Thumb&" at the end and it makes the pic BIG!!