What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Rgd

Veteran
he in breeding is taking its toll and sheer level of poly hybridism of these mutant cuts can make some inviduals get locked into some really shitty recessive traits,and in turn make different mums almost like different phenos of the exact same clone
I thought cheese doesn’t reverse....

and re inbreeding..

yah know when people make seeds they make more than enough so is no need to do it more than once..

ie .15 years ago when I reversed the uk cheese clone that came to NA I made enough ..

they also didn't fall from the tree[yes of course its not the REAL cheese]

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Hey man..I'd agree with what you said about the og's and cookie cuts(real deal earlier ones in scheme of things) being absolute beasts when you know how to treat them,see the shitty little nugget expressions all to often these days,been working with a lot of the new hype stuff lately and seen from running kolas to popcorn nug tops expressing from different clones same mum,cerealz,Grape gasoline,rs54 that kind of bollocks...and then ones like the rs11, permanent marker and zoap seem to always put out the more favourable chunky expressions,it's very interesting to see populations of these cuts I must say,you can really see what poly poly poly hybrid Inbred freaks they really are..

As for what you said about the cheese throwing the double serrations on mass when happy i'd have to challenge that bro,been said a lot of times about the bright side that she doesn't put out many doubles ever,the cut I have certainly doesn't and also she can shift between jagged and rounded serrations too..old pics uploaded by bs clearly show the rounded being expressed as well,I hope to have some pics up of mine soon so you can see what I mean...cheers bimble
I do not dissagree with you. Looking at my mates pics they all sending me from their outside grows this year..It can go from double serrations every tip, to not..I agree and that ripsaw blade is almost on every but yes sometimes lowers or those three bladed leaves can be more rounded..but its still pretty ripsaw rounded LOL..Also the RS-11 and zoap etc..could just be because you seen populations of these cuts from those that sourced them from clean vendors or closer to the source than others. The guy I know supplying the vendors of clean starts, zoap and marker and RS11 are some of his most popular so makes sense. You are probably seeing the homogeneity because of the cleanliness viroid wise. Look at my recent post on the breeders you explain wtf is going on?? Page 7 and 8 ;) Same homogeneity..Probably the same source of clean starts. Frankly. That is what it is...Read back on pages past at my posts from a few months ago, and now longer time playing with the clean stuff and I am even more convinced now.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
just binned some icecreamcake mother's for these exact traits..lanky as fuck with small weird little buds especially at the top of the plant .. have another ice-cream that is more traditional 'tree' like structure with good buds that I'm keeping...
That my friend...is viroid..LOL guys are already getting tired of me flogging the same horse..but hey.. read the breeders can you explain to me WTF thread.. I've grown the ICC clone to test it, after PCR testing it, and let me tell you, it is a BEAST. Commercial darling, I can see why it is a popular item on the menu, growers love it and smokers love it. Though I have had many plants that I've pheno hunted that were better, from my seed, cali seed, dutch seed, guys on here like drohammed etc, and they all became schwag in the end slowly succumbing to infection among my moms..Small little buds no shine, subdued terps, slow vigor, clones rooting like ass.. some crops good amazing, some not so much always up and down...
Over that shit..LOL hahaha I have seen the light.

Now its just a matter of how do we get our cheese over there sea to the lab and get it cleaned up..it is still better than most even when dirty.

They have a cheese, but they have a few cheeses..already that makes me sceptical. Nice but nothing spectacular was the word, so as far as I am concerned cali still maybe not tasted the real exo..that shit leaves an impression on you! I've had enough people from all corners of the globe smoke from full melt hash or wax, to trim leaf of cheese grown properly (that was 99.99% surety viroid infected) and tell me it was the best smoke they had ever had. Now I've had better smokes, but exo is that good. All I want for Christmas is a clean exo.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
i know Exdous Cheese well from older days but i getting Livers aka Blues in next time to trying it how its difference to Exdous cheese cut. what you think guys is there difference in between .,?

thanks in advance about the answer ;)
Probably grow room and setup.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I dont know what you all grow and what kind of seeds. I grew at least 10 cheese seeds or cheese crosses that gave me as dank and strong cultivars as cheese is. Some where even more potent and more taste and smell than original "elites" cuttings.
Some of seeds packs where Blue Cheese,Chiesel,Kuchi,Jack Cheddar,Exodus Cheese...
Less talk more growing will be better.

Biggest downer of cheese and like plants is really extreme pungent smell.
And it Will be attacked of every pet in grow room there is.

Last edited:

bimblebrains_1

Finally got some pics of my cut for y'all,grown in Coco with salts under Led,she's is expressing very nicely,pungent indeed,it's crazy how she can fluctuate between the 2 morphologies pictured,broader or more narrow leaves,the flower however ends looking and smelling the same,the tops on different cuts can be the more famous foxtail nipple type look or the more rounded and are not exclusive to either morphology,the flowering pics are around day 61 and been flushed for about 5 days already,here she is....
IMG_20240104_140451.jpg
IMG_20240104_140504.jpg
IMG_20240104_140514.jpg
IMG_20240121_153532.jpg
IMG_20240217_134611.jpg
IMG_20240217_134641.jpg
IMG_20240217_134745.jpg

Cheers. bimble

stunkfrunk

Good to see her grown with salts and how she expresses herself, that's how I remember cheese by looks of them flowers. I have British Petroleum, with your cut used in the cross, I'm going to grow them on rock wool slabs instead of my usual organic soil, just like old when these were developed originally.

Nice one bimble that looks fantastic.

eastcoastjoe

Finally got some pics of my cut for y'all,grown in Coco with salts under Led,she's is expressing very nicely,pungent indeed,it's crazy how she can fluctuate between the 2 morphologies pictured,broader or more narrow leaves,the flower however ends looking and smelling the same,the tops on different cuts can be the more famous foxtail nipple type look or the more rounded and are not exclusive to either morphology,the flowering pics are around day 61 and been flushed for about 5 days already,here she is....
View attachment 18960853 View attachment 18960854 View attachment 18960855 View attachment 18960856 View attachment 18960857 View attachment 18960859 View attachment 18960860

Cheers. bimble

I’m sure you mentioned it already but is this the bright side cut ?

bimblebrains_1

I’m sure you mentioned it already but is this the bright side cut ?
Hey buddy,well that's the million dollar question isn't it!! I've never held or grown the cut that serval members got from bright side on here years back but this is 100% the cheese I puffed on in the Cambs/Beds area of england in the early to mid 2000's,this cut came from a grower in a place called Haverhill which is very close proximity to Luton and Haz manor,I think she's the same as the plant that came from brighside looking at pics but but as I say I've never smoke the one from that particular grower(bs) so.....

bimblebrains_1

Good to see her grown with salts and how she expresses herself, that's how I remember cheese by looks of them flowers. I have British Petroleum, with your cut used in the cross, I'm going to grow them on rock wool slabs instead of my usual organic soil, just like old when these were developed originally.

Nice one bimble that looks fantastic.
Cheers bro yes really getting her to shine now on the salts,I tried running her on biobizz in soil a while back and she weren't happy at all but the guy who passed me her was an nft guy so figures and as you say most peeps were running hydro and or salts back in the day...
Awesome yes I'm looking forward to running the BP in the future ,keep us posted on that one bro,anything that original diesel clone of ojds touches in magic

jahshaka

View attachment 18960853 View attachment 18960854 View attachment 18960855 View attachment 18960856 View attachment 18960857 View attachment 18960859 View attachment 18960860

Cheers. bimble
That's certi imho. this exactly how my mate described your cut. classic cheese structure and it stunk to high heaven.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
View media item 17368861
View media item 17101210
View media item 17101209
View media item 17101202
View media item 17101189
View media item 17101187
View media item 17101188
Exodus as a reference..Think it is clean? Looks clean...na, tolerant. If it wasn't I wouldnt have been putting bread on the table all those years running it. That was SOG back in the day g/w all day long, from handwater to flood tables to drip tables...LOL We just figured you had to have fresh moms all the time, never taking cuts from lowers, moms cycled every 3 months...rooted like anything, same crop run in run out..infected the whole time. I just grew racing away from a significant viral load the whole time..I had clear duds years before this. I had clear duds in cali and dutch seeds living in the mom rooms with them, everything was always sanitized with alcohol while working..and moms were on recirculating drip hydro, in hydroton or coir..LOL viroid would have been rife in my mom room the whole decade.

1708204345908.png

1708204865057.png

Those leaves subtly give it away though with those blades tucked under others. Looking back at these pics years old now, from mid 2010's, I see it clearly. Fuckin viroid the whole time! Thank GOD the clone is tolerant..fuck that taste is like home to me. I dont know what I'd have done if I lost it..

Attachments

• 1708204469100.png
    1708204469100.png
    995.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 1708204482659.png
    1708204482659.png
    995.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: