What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

bimblebrains_1

With another wizard in the UK involved with cheese - the cheese story continues to get more complex, lol. My thought on the "wizard" name being from obsoul33t was a connection I made from his IG handle, "wizard_of_obs". But, I also think the veg pics of what's been termed the wizard cut posted in this thread look within the realm of morphological possibility to be the same one I have, the origin of which I've traced back to obsoul33t. I also think the bud structure of it looks like the mythical first pic of cheese that people thought was fake (once you take off the fan leafs). Then, there's obsoul33t being generally respected as having the goods.
any pics of the cut bro?i'm eager to compare with the wizard and mine,could do with better and more pics of the wizard too really.....

I guess it boils down to what cheese whoever gave it to obsouil33t deemed as the real cheese.Then in turn when being passed that particular cut then recognizing it to be the same as what they deemed to be the original and then passing it to obsoul33t as the original,in other words he(obs) would have got whatever the guy first saw as cheese as the original because to him it was.Thats the problem,the original is soooooo loud and memorable that any seed plant or hybrid that is dom to the mum was and still is so amazing to folks to experience for the first time that they almost convince themselves its the original.
Any idea if that one is at all traceable back to haz manor like brightsides? its a minefield and the rep of a breeder doesnt always carry weight with provenance,especially with something as specific and and old as this lady,im not trying to discredit your cut @Crazy Chester neither am i trying to slate obsoul33t either,its just a bold statement to say its def the original thats all....... i'm just keen to see it,compare notes with the other cuts and really get to the bottom of all this...
Only reason i really started to think about it was because thinking back i always thought that subbys cheese looked different to cheese id seen in my area and online(confimed brightside) when watching the weed nerd years ago,fucking loved that show! i also i grew a coule packs of his cheese quake from the original release and never found anything remotely cheesey,i know 20 seeds anit alot but other beans i grew like cheese dog from ojd back then(def made with bs cut) i got insanely cheesey phenos in most plants in a 10 pack...perhaps the querkle dad was very dominant i dunno..shit sorry for the rant (again) smoking fresh frozen lol

4kali

bit lost with this me hazy because a few pages bk I thought he said he got it from cloney soprano which I believe is the wizards cut, then..... or now I think he's saying its bimbles cut
fucked if I know. my memory may be wrong though

Crazy Chester

any pics of the cut bro?i'm eager to compare with the wizard and mine,could do with better and more pics of the wizard too really.....

1691272042249.jpeg

1691272714523.jpeg
1691272324342.jpeg

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

bit lost with this me hazy because a few pages bk I thought he said he got it from cloney soprano which I believe is the wizards cut, then..... or now I think he's saying its bimbles cut
fucked if I know. my memory may be wrong though
I didn't get mine from Cloney and Cloney appears no where in my chain of custody. Can you tell me - because I first heard of the term from you - how did you come across the term "wizards cut"?

bimblebrains_1

Cool thanks for showing her mate,well whatever she is thats 100% a different plant to mine,has no woody stem with the red streaks and doesnt zig zag ,seems to grow very normal and upward like,the flower pictured and the leaves are way darker as well,no lime green......,again pics ive posted before but just for reference and to highlight the lime green color of the nugs with the pink/tangerine pistols and the emerald shade of green of the actual whole plant

the nft flowers i was gifted when passed the cut
20220929_015808.jpg

and a decent veg shot of her
20230105_230801.jpg

cheers bimble

Crazy Chester

Cool thanks for showing her mate,well whatever she is thats 100% a different plant to mine,has no woody stem with the red streaks and doesnt zig zag ,seems to grow very normal and upward like,the flower pictured and the leaves are way darker as well,no lime green......,again pics ive posted before but just for reference and to highlight the lime green color of the nugs with the pink/tangerine pistols and the emerald shade of green of the actual whole plant

the nft flowers i was gifted when passed the cut
View attachment 18874138
and a decent veg shot of her
View attachment 18874140

cheers bimble
That's only a couple pics. I'll post more when I get vegged out bigger like the pic of your mother. That bud pic was from a plan that was grown in the winters outdoors and was so abused by the weather she barely finished, not the best cure and it was rough trimmed. The leafs are lighter green than normal because the ones in the pic were a bit underfed - my camera also takes crappy pics - it washes out the color sometimes, so they were a little darker than the pic shows, but still not the color they'd be if they were well fed. I'm not convinced it's not the same as yours. Unfortunately, I don't have enough pics of what I've observed. When my clone gets bigger, it has the same army green leaf color, internode length, petiole length, red color to the petioles, and general leaf shape. I didn't see any in your pic, but does yours get doubled leaf serrations? Mine gets them sporadically and not on every leaf. One other thing that's tough for me to see in your pic, is the angled grow tip - on mine, it is consistently the third node down from the top node on the branch. You can see it in my first pic - but, can't see the second node from that angle. But, on my last pic you can see it clearly. Also - does yours favor five leaflets per leaf, but throw three leaflets per leaf when it's just starting to grow from clone? Mine does. The only other thing is my middle leaflet appears to be a bit longer relative to the other leaflets than yours. But, that could be the angle your pic was taken from - perspective or morphology.

I found another pic of a small clone - it shows the color better:

1691292894149.jpeg

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I put one into my hydro setup in my best efforts to have it close to the old nft setup. I’m DWC vegging under 600 mh and plan on flowering under 600 hps in a few weeks. I have one in soil already in bloom for just a few day now too…
View attachment 18834128 View attachment 18834129
The growth pattern is very identifiable…
Bimble stripped up.
7 Days til 12/12
Plan on taking it to 70
View attachment 18847431 View attachment 18847432 View attachment 18847433

Here she is the clone in question…

View attachment 18850342 View attachment 18850343 View attachment 18850344

…and the next perpetual batch up. She’s getting ran again over quite a few modern hybrids. Shes next to my Skunk Ape x sour cut, chem 91 and NYC piff.
View attachment 18850345

Right on bro, tomorrow will be day 35.
I’m getting 3 kinda smells

If I put my nose to the plant is a creamy, milky smell

If I rub a little resin it’s pure chemical/astringent almost like a chem variety except whet the chem is isopropyl the cheese is astringent.

If I shake the plant violently she gives off that dark, evil, vegetal smell with a creamy, milky backend.

I will say this tho, where the chems and diesel are loud I would describe the aroma as intense and shocking as opposed to the cheese smell which is not as shocking but way thicker kinda like how the gg4 smell is.

Where sours and Chems are loud and you can open a window to air it out or whatever, stuff like the cheese and gg4 leave a “blanket” of funk that just doesn’t go away easily. If you get it on you, you gotta shower.

It just a different kind of loud that’s “thicker”.

I run tents in a sealed lung room and never had issues with containing the smell until now.

Deffo cuts through filters.

I screwed the pooch on this run but it’s still sexy to me…

Next one I’ll try harder…
View attachment 18870308 View attachment 18870309 View attachment 18870310

Imma do a whole strain review grow video on my YouTube channel.

It smells like the classic “cheese” terps, but I’m getting a little vinegar on the backend now I think.

I’ll let y’all know in a few days

View attachment 18873100

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I cant pull up the private message anymore but this should work
I thought the broken English and the Northern Cali were the same.

I think the bimble is different…
If there was a legit brightside as east as going to northern cali… don’t think this thread would even be a thing.

All the old cuts have been vetted and the subject matter experts have concluded that she is not available.

Edit: I forgot about the @truecannabliss breeder syndicate episode. True said he thinks that one is the brightside and he had it before.

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
These are the clones going around US (cloney soprano)

Psychosis
View attachment 18849784

View attachment 18849785

Brightside

View attachment 18849789 View attachment 18849788
This is a good post.

I read somewhere the psychosis was called “the purple” at first…

Kinda looks like the cheese that @Cloneman posted?

I think there were 2 cuts…
The one that wing commander blue posted
6C547854-695A-41EA-8C39-AD88682FBA1B.jpeg

A2216D78-566B-485F-903E-E32720B20965.jpeg
FAAA7C68-8B8A-42C4-8A67-7434457DBC95.jpeg

And the one from cheese farmer?
I get confused with all the multiple names…
63BCF970-D637-4A0A-9C45-54D6250BD3AD.jpeg
5EF9492C-96D9-4333-865C-B66967DF5EA1.jpeg

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Do you think the one Subcool got from Obsoul33t is one of those two cuts? If so, which one?
I have no idea. Subcool (rip) said the one from pistils was a lower yielded tho, but chalked it up to being sungrown vs indoor.

I think there was some switcherooskis goings on imvho.

The old bait n switch is a possibility because even csi was upset subcool got the cheese and called him the hack shack.

The legend also says that there were 2 exo cuts. One that was passed out freely and one that was guarded

I think even big Buddha (rip) was in on it. He used one clone to make his seeds and another to show off at the events….

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
i just had a crazy thought after reading the weed world article again...... wing com says that the beans were popped,the keeper was cloned and then passed to some local indoor growers.He didnt keep her at that point because he was yet to build out the indoor spot he later describes.He also mentions that the people he sent the first round of cuttings too were already growing NL and Silver pearl.....what if the plant he received back as the skunk some time afterwards was infact a hybrid of the initial skunk he sent them with either the NL or SP? could also explain why after he got it back it started to stink more? could explain why we have cuts like the Exo/jah,window,brum ect...,they could be just the original pheno or indeed other ones made by those growers and passed out, and not the one he got back and therefore may explain why exodus were passed the super stinky lower yielding one(less shared) and most people knowing the jah or window for example as cheese(widely spread)...
Could also be where the nelly came from too i dunno

Basically the actual guy who popped the seed,didnt keep her,gave her to other growers,got her back and she was different...and this is years before of the hill/cf got her and passed her to the exodus crew....no wonder its minefield lol
As someone that has grown the @bimblebrains_1 cut looking at the pics of the edit northern cali cut, they aint the same.

What you are proposing may not be far from the truth. I found it strange that when Farmer G showed Cheese farmer the psychosis he hadn’t even heard of it until 2012.

Farmer g was doing proper side by sides.

With all that being said this is based on information available to the public in various forums. My personal experience with anything cheese is limited to a pack of bx2’s and a few greenhouse cheeses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts