What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

W

wildkender

you used the brightside cut? or a fake cheese haha

tell us your story lol

Tropical Sativa

The Pure is The Flying Dutchman Skunk IBL made by the Skunkman. It's got the Same growth patterns & budleafs as the Cheese clone. The seeds ain't a decade old.

They were 2010-2011. They don't grow identical to the clones but they represent the crosses very well & you can find keepers in them & grow them as a commercial crop & intercross between lines. I plan on doing some selection work in Spain when I get round to it.

Most of the cheese crosss's are made for name sake not output & practical terms. They're living on the Cheese hype.

These 2 crosses just used old clones to see what would happen. No hype..

Ok thanks, Mate Dave. Please may I ask when exactly did you source your cheese cut? Is there any one else on icmag that can vouch for your cheese cut too? Do you believe it to be the same as the cut Brightside handed out?

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
The Pure is The Flying Dutchman Skunk IBL made by the Skunkman. It's got the Same growth patterns & budleafs as the Cheese clone. The seeds ain't a decade old.

They were 2010-2011. They don't grow identical to the clones but they represent the crosses very well & you can find keepers in them & grow them as a commercial crop & intercross between lines. I plan on doing some selection work in Spain when I get round to it.

Most of the cheese crosss's are made for name sake not output & practical terms. They're living on the Cheese hype.

These 2 crosses just used old clones to see what would happen. No hype..

Why not S1 it and release fems of pure cheese?

Spaventa

Veteran
Why not S1 it and release fems of pure cheese?

Doesn't reverse well apparently. Something about the pollen it makes clumping so not viable.

Its a rare thing so maybe this is another test you could do to verify cuts as the cheese. Silver one, see if the pollen works, if it does, its not the cheese, I guess.

Anyway, when you self, you get variations, not the exact same expression... its not the gimme people, me included till recently, think.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Doesn't reverse well apparently. Something about the pollen it makes clumping so not viable.

Its a rare thing so maybe this is another test you could do to verify cuts as the cheese. Silver one, see if the pollen works, if it does, its not the cheese, I guess.

Anyway, when you self, you get variations, not the exact same expression... its not the gimme people, me included till recently, think.

I've heard of the reversing issues. But It can be done. Others apparently have.

I agree that far too many people might expect replicants of the mother when growing an S1.

if it's sterility issues could be over come with enough ease that you, the members in this thread who hold her could do it at home.

Would that be something you wish was "out there" and in the public domain, so to speak?

Just curious.

Ethically? Greed and profit? Considering all these thing?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would you want cheese in a seed line? It's been done & it's fairly shit IMHO. You want a dual line the can be hybridised & outbred like Skunk in a square cross. Fem guys are sucking eachother bullshit off to much with no value or reason as it ain't going nowhare untill they done some breeding 1st :) it's been proven by the biggest in the indusrty that that isn't a money earner.

I done my crosses so that I have value in the seeds to work with indoors or outdoors. Those fems you speak of sound like pathetic shit.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Why would you want cheese in a seed line? It's been done & it's fairly shit IMHO. You want a dual line the can be hybridised & outbred like Skunk in a square cross. Fem guys are sucking eachother bullshit off to much with no value or reason as it ain't going nowhare untill they done some breeding 1st :) it's been proven by the biggest in the indusrty that that isn't a money earner.

I done my crosses so that I have value in the seeds to work with indoors or outdoors. Those fems you speak of sound like pathetic shit.

Why would I? I wouldn't.

Was wondering if some here were interested in knowing how it's done is all.

Thought perhaps value could possibly be found in one of its variations.

Perhaps one might recombine better or produce offspring that would more uniformaly produce the desired outcome in a given cross?

Maybe someone was interested in the science.

Maybe some were interested in using it as the tool it is.

See what's under her hood so to speak.

I dont fkn know why monkeys do what they do!

My question was...... does monkey wanna know how?

I guess your talking about GHS when you say the biggest in the industry and implying that the reason they no longer offer their "exodus" line is because it's not profitable?

Who the fuck cares about its profitability! Those would exactly be the ones that have kept me from ever speaking about this before. I don't know about you Dave. Imma give you the benefit of the doubt because I really don't give two shits about you, but if I did..... I'd put my money on Home Schooled. Only because you are so damn abrasive. Someone only a mother could love. So much fear.

Gotta let that shit go brother. The world would be a better place.

I read somewhere that it was because Franco (RIP) passed, taking his secret with him.

Is this not the case?

It doesn't matter really. You took this mthrfkr right out of the sharing mood. Now nobody gets any pudding!haha

I was discussing its sterility with a friend and he, just like spav mentioned, thought testing clones by reversing would be a decent way to verify. If one felt the need.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It reverses but it's hard to get many seeds. Depending on budget & experience you could get breeders seed to bulk pollen from her. It's no secret just not what fem breeders usually do as they don't breed properly by the nature of the beast.

Once something has been inbred & pure it selfs better. The more centuries it's been selected pure in large volume the better these outcomes to keep it pure. Small populations loose vigour & 1 on 1 not even 1-1 is as close as you get to problems. Nobody tried Colchicine? That was how it was done in the 70's & 80's Resin Lung. Mutate a specimen & breed it :)

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Nobody tried Colchicine? That was how it was done in the 70's & 80's Resin Lung. Mutate a specimen & breed it :)

Ive played with polyploids. No idea what that has to do with the price of eggs but to answer your question...... yes....I have Dave.

Ive mutated thousands of plants as well Dave.

I got a feeling you know all about it.

Breeding with mutants can have serious consequences on a gene pool should it ever get out. Same reason you should have probably been aborted!hahaha I mean.... I'm dealing with the horrors that can come of it as I type this out!hahaha

Everyone who reads your little monkey squeaks is!hahaha

All joke aside...... even if by some miracle you weren't just squiring diarrhea out your mouth as usual and have a valid reason for suggesting I breed with mutants.....I'm not really equipped to do so Dave.

I don't have the ego for it.

BTW you have the most misleading name on this whole site. Hahaha

Calamari anyone..... that squids cooked!lol

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
A few years ago the story was that none of these clones were reversable. Then otta nowhere we had s1's of everything. Just saying...

Anyone have some pics to share?

We need new pics in this thread, seems like its the same original pics being reposted. Seems weird we cant even get a few pics of "the cheese".

How does the cut do when overfed? Does she lock up like gg4 does?

I just got roots on a cheese cut. It deffo has the "cheese" smell, but I cant find the double serration on any of the leaves. Is there a cut being passed that doesnt have that trait?

Does it like to pray just after eating?

yts farmer

Veteran
20171229_195144.jpg

20171229_195337.jpg

20171229_201320.jpg

20171229_201435.jpg

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've found mutants in all sorts of lines from expensive beans to hacks. Recently I got flowers from a non primordial growth.. I'll take some piccy's they about to be killed.

Do you think that this might happen from inducing polyploid as well as breeding small populations so that there is a shortage of genetic information? Some breeds requiring more plants to fix a governing set of traits?

I was thinking that you could mutate one cut & breed to or from it? I've not tried but there was loads of adverts suggesting the use of it in the 70's. Using it like Superthrive & also to treat seeds as a soak to supposedly feminize them. That is what I was thinkin.

It was a theory..

My other thoughts were could you get pollen from a mutated cheese?

Any ideas?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheezegeez ....lovin your uni grade ...your room is a friggin lab too..go go cheezgez..k+

can I please get a round of applause for the geeze :good: :scripture: :respect: :tree:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
A few years ago the story was that none of these clones were reversable. Then otta nowhere we had s1's of everything. Just saying...

We need new pics in this thread, seems like its the same original pics being reposted. Seems weird we cant even get a few pics of "the cheese".

I just got roots on a cheese cut. It deffo has the "cheese" smell, but I cant find the double serration on any of the leaves. Is there a cut being passed that doesnt have that trait?

Give it time they will show up.. it's not all over but someone who looks at there plants like u will notice it here n there ..
I don't know the cut well enough to answer the other ?s , I'll get some pics soon she doin her thing over here

Y

Yard dog

Why would I? I wouldn't.

Was wondering if some here were interested in knowing how it's done is all.

Thought perhaps value could possibly be found in one of its variations.

Perhaps one might recombine better or produce offspring that would more uniformaly produce the desired outcome in a given cross?

Maybe someone was interested in the science.

Maybe some were interested in using it as the tool it is.

See what's under her hood so to speak.

I dont fkn know why monkeys do what they do!

My question was...... does monkey wanna know how?

I guess your talking about GHS when you say the biggest in the industry and implying that the reason they no longer offer their "exodus" line is because it's not profitable?

Who the fuck cares about its profitability! Those would exactly be the ones that have kept me from ever speaking about this before. I don't know about you Dave. Imma give you the benefit of the doubt because I really don't give two shits about you, but if I did..... I'd put my money on Home Schooled. Only because you are so damn abrasive. Someone only a mother could love. So much fear.

Gotta let that shit go brother. The world would be a better place.

I read somewhere that it was because Franco (RIP) passed, taking his secret with him.

Is this not the case?

It doesn't matter really. You took this mthrfkr right out of the sharing mood. Now nobody gets any pudding!haha

I was discussing its sterility with a friend and he, just like spav mentioned, thought testing clones by reversing would be a decent way to verify. If one felt the need.

They still sell it. There's no secret it just has a pollen type the may be deemed wet. The cheese reverse no problems. Lots say cheese is a bit recessive it doesn't do too well when it meets itself... and is better in the outcross....

(I think his mum may of showed him too much love RL.. )

Y

Yard dog

It reverses but it's hard to get many seeds. Depending on budget & experience you could get breeders seed to bulk pollen from her. It's no secret just not what fem breeders usually do as they don't breed properly by the nature of the beast.

Once something has been inbred & pure it selfs better. The more centuries it's been selected pure in large volume the better these outcomes to keep it pure. Small populations loose vigour & 1 on 1 not even 1-1 is as close as you get to problems. Nobody tried Colchicine? That was how it was done in the 70's & 80's Resin Lung. Mutate a specimen & breed it :)

Yet the quickest route to inbred & a homozygous state is by selfing!?!?! it's pretty obvious that if something is more homozygous it will self "better". You need to lose vigour if you inbred, find the stand outs and go....... you need to purge the shit out. Most mutations are not beneficial so not sure why you'd add them? think about why in outcrossing plant species many have gone to be selfers.

I think you are talking whack when you say "The more centuries it's been selected pure in large volume the better these outcomes to keep it pure."
It's under gone no selection the bad stuff still needs to be removed. So what is it pure for? You'd have to go through a lot of landraces to find the good ones.

Last edited:

Blazeee

Veteran

Give it time they will show up.. it's not all over but someone who looks at there plants like u will notice it here n there ..
I don't know the cut well enough to answer the other ?s , I'll get some pics soon she doin her thing over here

Stoney is bang on with what he said. You wont see many just yet when they are small, and even then they are not all over each and every leaf. You will just notice a few here and there and they arent always symmetrical on each side either.

Ive seen your grows and you should have no problem with her, no locking up when overfed etc, shes a real easy girl to grow. Just make sure you give her a good defoliation and clean the lowers. She doesnt stretch too much and likes to stay short and bushy, definitely put her under a net or stake her.

Sonic used to say flower the cheeses under 13/11 for increased yield and smell + flavour and i had a friend who i got the suicide cut off remind me of this recently. I havent tried it myself as i rarely grow cheese these days but will try to give it a shot soon.

If you want i can post pics later of the double serrations on the cuts i hold but they wont be very interesting as they are all in veg.

Heres a few flower pics ive posted before though

Suicide Cut

My cut possibly the one thats being passed around as exodus

Latest posts

Latest posts