What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tyrone's Arboretum and Cannabinoid Oasis

TyroneShoelace

Week 7 is wrapped up. They've pretty much been left unattended for most of flowering while I was traveling, surviving on a pretty moderate diet and some wild PH swings. Once everything was stabilized they have been left with reduced nutes, low lights, and the smell is really pumping now. 2 carbon filters and they still can be smelled from outside the tent.
CK - STG - MDG - CF Day 49a.jpg

CK - STG - MDG - CF - Day 49b.jpg

Ceasefire is the farthest behind, but that's how it goes when 4 different lines share a res. Smell is bright sweet fruit with a mentholated tingle. It's the nicest aroma in the tent.
CF 49Fe.jpg

Cali Kush is a very forgiving plant. Smells like skunk and coffee.
CK 49Fd.jpg

Sour Tangie CBG smells like every other CBG. Sadly the orange zest didn't stick around past the first few weeks of flowering.
ST3 49Fb.jpg

Mad Dog 2020 CBG has an interesting not-quite-rotten not-quite-skunky funk. It's a little offensive, but it's a refreshing change from the generic terps of most Type 4's
MD 49c.jpg

GrandpaMillenial

The plant to the right is the frosty sticky sweet one and the one to the left has almost no smell and not that frosty .word seeds south african kwazulu View attachment 18769691

@Old Piney @TyroneShoelace

Started that Blue Kwazulu thread as promised.

Old Piney

Nice! So mine are still going outside .the sticky sweet one still has a lot of clear trichomes the other one has caught up and is mostly cloudy and is quite frosty
1667247738466.jpeg
1667247645533.jpeg

Attachments

• 1667247795357.jpeg
    1667247795357.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. I am following along. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

TyroneShoelace

Hey All :wave:

We made it through the chop. CBGs were both taken at day 58. Cali Kush was taken at day 60. Ceasefire was taken at day 63. As they were chopped, I separated the colas with no additional processing and stuck them in the fridge where they have been for the past 2 weeks at 60F and hovering between 50 and 60% humidity.

Dry Chamber.jpg

I transitioned the Maddog CBG and Sour Tangie CBG #3 into jars and they're maintaining a stable humidity now.

Maddog CBG

This one is very vegetal, but not in a wet cannabis way. It has an asparagus/broccoli thing going on, but finishes with a blend of kitchen herbs and spices.
MD Jar 1.jpg

Sour Tangie CBG #3

The aromatics are starting to really pump now. It still has the typical White CBG aromatics, but this one at least turns up the volume on that aroma to 11. And it translates well to taste in the vape.
ST3 Jar 1.jpg

The Cali Kush is just getting jarred now, but still wandering slightly in the humidity department.
CK 60F 2WHD Jar 2.jpg

Since I am a slave to the Cali Kush, I took advantage of the winter's low humidity and did a speedier dry of a tester nug. Going to enjoy it this evening. First impressions are very good so far. The aroma is powerful and has a lot of depth. It has all the qualities of the other Cali Kush I sourced earlier, but this one adds some subtle woodiness, incense, and a fleeting fermented fruitiness way in the background.

CK Quick Dry Tester 1.jpg

The Ceasefire is still in the fridge with the larger colas of the Cali Kush. Once it's ready I'll report back.

TyroneShoelace

I've been absolutely burning through the Ceasefire F2 and Cali Kush jars. The flavors and effects that they offer have pretty much made the rest of my stash uninteresting. So I bagged it up, froze it, and am going to take advantage of one of these cold nights to make some bubble.

Ceasefire: Guava Jelly (Dark Heart Nursery) x Syrian (RSC)

The only justice I did this plant was keeping her underfed in her last 4 weeks of flowering, and giving her proper dry and cure conditions. She smokes smooth, ash burns white, and the taste lingers. This jar is one that people love sticking their nose into for extended periods of time. And the effect is so light and mellow that you can just go on about your day feeling good, but not impaired. That speaks volumes about the selections that @Breadwizard made. I am looking forward to exploring more of these F2s.
CF Jar 2.jpg

Also trying to get a jump start on another Cali Kush run. I wish she yielded more, but she will do fine next round with an extended veg. Her funk leaps out of the jar now, which is a common occurrence since I am cracking the jar many times a day.
CK Jar.jpg

I do like the CBG plants, but do find it is easy to overindulge into an overstimulated mental space. The flavors are bland and not particularly enticing. Yet, there's a ton of medical value in these plants, I am just not sure what it is yet. CBG tends to take the edge off of powerful THC experiences. On its own it can provide a bit of an energy and mood boost. But there seems to be a fine line between an effective dose and an excessive dose. But that's just my experience. My body chemistry is not universal.

I think everyone should try all the minor cannabinoids and see how they might contribute to your quality of life. Whether it is to clear your head, ease your pain, center your mind, or just provide a little seasoning on your high, it's worth exploring.

So now I am enjoying the bounties of the last harvest and prepping for the next round. Currently sifting through more seedlings looking for unique flavors.

We cracked some more Cali Kush, though I don't expect a whole lot of variation based on what I've seen in that line over the past year or two. But you never know what might pop up. Also have some Lolab/ACDC x Mountain Mango seedlings starting to stretch their legs. There's a short dark green one that stands out from its siblings. But I know very little about the cross, so it will be a fun exploration. And finally I'm going to try and hunt more of the hybrid Ceasefire F2s, and look through some of the WLD ones as well. This is a special cross and I can't wait to see what gems I can find.

TyroneShoelace

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy new year! I am incredibly grateful for all the information, support, positivity, and sharing that I received from this community in 2022. Most will remain nameless, but you know who you are. But I want to give an extra special thanks to @Breadwizard and @Miraculous Meds for their incredible generosity.

Lots of good things in the hopper for 2023, but most importantly I hope it will be another year full of learning and growth.

This year I am moving away from salts and starting to work with living soil. Will post that adventure as soon as there's something to show.

And lastly I wanted to share a couple snaps of MM's Blunicorn x Blue Star (correct me if I have that backwards). Just a couple going right now, but they are lovely plants. Very uniform structure and familiar aromatics.
20221210_201156.jpg

20221210_201152.jpg

20221210_201220.jpg

Hope your 2023 is starting on a positive note!

Last edited:

TyroneShoelace

Is that a wine rack you're drying in? That's pretty brilliant man.
Hey Brother Nature! It seemed like a great option to keep my tiny harvests climate controlled. I'm really happy with the results so far. I found the humidity stays a little low on its own, but once I added a cheap little humidifier and a controller it's pretty much become an idiot-proof drying chamber. It also doubles as a great place to store my stash jars in between harvests.
Happy new years Tyroneshoelace! Hope further seed pops give you more good meds for you
Happy new year to you, BW! Thanks for the well wishes. Good meds are indeed on the way. It has been difficult rationing the Ceasefire and the Cali Kush. In an upcoming round I want to dig into the wide-leaf Ceasefires, and I know you said they were the most potent of the 3, but how much more potent are they than the hybrid ones? I found the hybrid to smoke like a nearly compliant type3 varietal.

Mid flower. Clearly on lowers. I threw away the seeds. But i did harvest some with no problems, and others have found keepers in them.
Much appreciated, MM! Will be on the lookout.

Breadwizard

Happy new year to you, BW! Thanks for the well wishes. Good meds are indeed on the way. It has been difficult rationing the Ceasefire and the Cali Kush. In an upcoming round I want to dig into the wide-leaf Ceasefires, and I know you said they were the most potent of the 3, but how much more potent are they than the hybrid ones? I found the hybrid to smoke like a nearly compliant type3 varietal.
The F2's, unknown, but the mother plant was still very kind, and not too much more potent. The F1s were all pretty similar in overall potency, just little differences here and there.

TyroneShoelace

The F2's, unknown, but the mother plant was still very kind, and not too much more potent. The F1s were all pretty similar in overall potency, just little differences here and there.
That's great to hear. Given how thoroughly the last last round checked all the boxes, I'm really looking forward it.

TyroneShoelace

The first variety going in is the Cali Kush. This is a Type 3 cross of Pre98 Bubba and Dinamed. Last round I grew the CK#1 and this time it's the CK#5. The clones have just rooted within the past day and they'll go into the soil as soon as they are stabilized.

Here's the CK#5 Bonsai Mom. She's expressing all the right aromas, which makes me optimistic. I only hope this one can veg a little quicker than the #1.
Cali Kush #5a.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts