What's new

TWO S1 LINE PRODUCES MALES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hill

Veteran
it seems like yesterday you were telling us all how reversals were evil, do I lie?

embrace your inner Heisenberg amigo, tehee.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I beleive my objection on the DH lines was well lets say proven. Given that we don't have the tech yet, regardless of how many million pound labs we have access too. I only hope my thoughts have not only been checked, but made a note of so that peeps don't waste their time. Now I'm the first to admit that even after several years of business school, (including 2 years of statistics), and being an accountant, probability calculations aren't my strong point, but that shouldn't be confused with a lack of ability when it comes to analysing numbers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9VHH7-ovM

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
no you are right on that one, I have learned a lot about genetics over the last few years, and it was the tri's that spurred me on to do it. Charles actually explained why I was so wrong on that point one night in a series of pms. I'll say it clearly, on that one I was wrong, and if you look at even earlier posts, I've been wrong about a lot of stuff, but when I realise it I do admit it. I wan't to learn, I just don't believe you are right when it comes to the value of tris, and well dare I say it, quads :p
Though you should be invoking karl popper rather than heisenberg.
Though having said that, I still wouldn't do it, as I value the male side too much to throw it away.

Tom Hill

Veteran
your credentials are worth nothing here if you can't bullshit your way into the front door. You are speaking to a highshcool dropout and I am inclined to retreat to the old beautiful mind of why should I fill my mind with thoughts of lessor mortals. I am listening to your music, and your wrap, but I am none the less wondering when the real show begins?

Tom Hill

Veteran
anyway, I'll pick that stuff apart in that other thread, or perhaps throw it to the hungry masses, and believe yo me they are. We are right on top of what you are failing to fathom.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
you're on top of it? You found something to prevent recombination?
Don't worry Tom, even though you're trying to fuck me, I still respect ya, I just wont bend over for ya.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
On the show front, the show began, was shown, and then the curtains were closed when DG introduced the rule here that anything that wasn't sold by seedbay couldn't be shown here, so I deleted my pics. Now that rule has been removed and the show can no longer be seen, but the radio commentary is still up. I don't think you had a seat while the show was still going though, it's a pitty, you may have seen what (what you call my following) saw.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yes, I will prevent recombination, it was all there in the links, open your mind.

I am not trying to fuck anything but petite asian girls, and I doubt you qualify.

This whining about where shit turned south when a splitail entered your world just won't do sir, you are responsible for all that which occurs around you. From the likes of some guy who has led many clowns in this community astray with bullshit about 3>2, you forget yourself sir, pics will not impress me. Pitty chlamydia, you know what I need to see man, the same thing you do, make those maths actually mean something, or else they are worthless.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I haven't gone through the later links, I lost interest when it appeared it was impossible. If you are saying that it is possible, I'll spend some time later going through them to look for the answer.

If you'd actually looked at my threads, you'd see I actually avoid saying that to anyone purely, and not because I don't believe it, but purely to avoid having to defend my work from those who have a vested interest in selling bifoliar seed lines. And no that's not a side swipe at you, it started with BOG and then went onto farmer John, back in the days they were posting. All I say is this is what I do, aren't they pretty and isn't it interesting. A man in your shoes must have pondered the mechanics of the tri's.
You want maths, fair enough, 50% additional growth points does not equal 50% more growth, but it does outproduce something with 1/3 less growing points. If you don't believe that, then how do you explain the popularity of topping a plant?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol and now I'm gonna make you spit your dummy out, when i've finished with the tris, I'm gonna play with fasciated stems ;P

Tom Hill

Veteran
I am on top of it, and you are still wondering if it exist.

No you are correct, I did not look at those threads. I know all I need to know about tri's, that the division of energy is equal, and that some dude is trying to say otherwise, sometimes he says it outside the company of those who might put him in check, this is a recipe for disaster. Idiots top plants, you are still inside of some nightmare acid trip indoor thingy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXiEqxvfqI

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Congrats, I still don't rate it, we see things very differently, but then we grow in diff environments, so that's to be expected. People have signed up to this forum, purely to be a part of my threads, surely that at least has some value to our ic community. To say you know all you need to, without having read anything I've written on the subject in order to judge that, isn't something I thought you'd say out loud where people can hear you. It's a pity that you are so sure of yourself that you can't even entertain the prospect that you may see a link to something you didn't know. But to openly claim that topping a plant has no benefit to an indoor grower, I really think you're just playing devil's advocate now. Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying our fencing match, not to mention the duke box element of it, and when it comes to the majority of the canna world I do, as I've said, bow to your greater knowledge and vastly superior experience. I know full well that you've done things in the past, that I can't even dream of doing in my future, but having said that, I think that you are now showing either contempt or ignorance for the issues that indoor growers face and find ways around. To state that topping a plant does not increase its yield is ridiculous. I'm an indoor grower in the uk, for personal consumption and personal entertainment. You can claim to be putting me in check if you wish, I can claim to be a millionaire, but sadly each is as true as the other. Though I did rather enjoy acid for several years in my miss spent youth. Which is also sadly not the position I am in anymore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUIInNzVFFo

Tom Hill

Veteran
you're not hearing me, I never said topping is of no benefit to indoor growing, I said it was pretty much only beneficial to it. But here's where we differ. you see indoor growing as your reality, and I see it as a temporary thing. You are breeding for it, I do not condone that. ANd quit blowing sunshine, I too, respect your thoughts as they are proffered. But I am not minion, I am an anthropologist on mars, and for sure, I see zero value in that 3 thing. Your vision of value in it, is temporary, as was your apprehension to the reversal. This is the view from my window in the sky. It's no biggy, damn, I would certainly hope we'll not get hung up on it, but there it is.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
ah, well, then that is a position that I did not realise you had. Yes I breed for my circumstances. I mean, did you really think I'd spent over a decade breeding for someone else's circumstances? Just how altruistic did you think I was? I'm only a guy not a saint.
I don't believe that I will ever be able to grow outside. I'd love to, its just not a reality that I believe in. Now if you step outside of your reality, and into my percieved reality of indoor, can you in that dim light, make out any use for a tri? Given that you have accepted that in my world topping has value, surely you can see that tri's have value; as its the same argument. My apologies, its just that when I say something that may appear derogatory, I like to qualify it.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I believe you were a part of the thread were I layed these exact thoughts down. Yes, it was the lion thread- you were there for this exact conversation. I'll link it if necessary, but I think you could find it if you wanted, anyway you were there, same thoughts, nothing new here. If not, I would accuse you of getting as much from my thoughts you've read, as I've from yours, that I have not read. No idea, I'll not judge that too harshly however as I am pretty thrifty with my own attention from time to time.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm sorry Tom, I can't remember the thread at all off the top of my head, I'd look it up, but I doubt lion was the exact name of the thread, if you could link to it, then it would be helpfull to me, as well as anyone else daft enough to still be reading all this. I suppose we really should have done this in the chat room.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
But back to my Q, can you or can't you now, understanding the parameters of its intended usage.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I believe the indoor thing to be a temporary unfortunate necessity. I believe that any fool can keep a plant happy for two months. Therefor, fools top plants. The only thing I can possibly think of more foolish is to breed the topping of plants (3's) into the very same temporary scenario. That should be plain enough as to my thoughts on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.