What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Canadian companies can now produce, sell cocaine and other drugs

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran

Two Canadian companies can now produce, sell cocaine and other drugs

A Canadian cannabis company based in BC has gained approval to possess, produce, sell, and distribute cocaine.

Adastra Labs is located in Langley, BC, and it sought approval from Health Canada, which it received on February 17.

Adastra can also possess, produce, sell and distribute up to 1,000 grams of psilocybin and psilocin.
“The amended license allows Adastra to interact with up to 250 grams of cocaine and to import coca leaves to manufacture and synthesize the substance,” reads a statement on the Adastra Holdings website.

“Harm reduction is a critically important and mainstream topic, and we are staying at the forefront of drug regulations across the board,” said Michael Forbes, CEO of Adastra, in a statement.

“We proactively pursued the amendment to our Dealer’s License to include cocaine back in December 2022. We will evaluate how the commercialization of this substance fits in with our business model at Adastra in an effort to position ourselves to support the demand for a safe supply of cocaine.”

On the heels of Adastra’s announcement, another Canadian company, Sunshine Earth Labs, announced that it has also received approval to produce and distribute cocaine, but also MDMA, morphine, opium and diacetylmorphine.

Health Canada licenses were issued to Oryx BioMed Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sunshine Earth Labs.

The Adastra development gained some traction on social media, with many sharing tweets in opposition.

SOURCE: Daily Hive

RMS

:smoweed:

Maple_Flail

this seems a little... unsettling considering its only a pilot project to my knowledge allowing that stuff in BC

Dime

British Columbia has become the first province to decriminalize possession of small amounts of illicit drugs. Canadians 18 years of age and older will be able to possess up to a cumulative 2.5 grams of opioids, cocaine, methamphetamine and MDMA within B.C. as of Jan. 31, 2023. No point in doing it if you don't have a supplier,a lot of $ to be made if it ramps up further.

Dime

Whoa! Never tried cocaine...always hearing how great it is but then seeing people hitting bottom and stuff. Shrooms! I'll have some shrooms, been 15 years
The natives in the mountains fill their cheeks or brew teas with coca leaves to give energy,improve mood,breathe easier,relieve hunger, thirst, and avoid altitude sickness. It can be a gift or a curse. In it's natural form by leaf count me in,but I wouldn't rail or run it.

Rider420

The natives in the mountains fill their cheeks or brew teas with coca leaves to give energy,improve mood,breathe easier,relieve hunger, thirst, and avoid altitude sickness. It can be a gift or a curse. In it's natural form by leaf count me in,but I wouldn't rail or run it.
Keith Richards of the Stones has done more drugs including cocaine and heroin in a year then most people do in thier life time. And that Fucker is 82 and was touring last year.

Dime

Yes and he also gets frequent blood transfusions,maybe he's one of the exceptions or lucky.Hard drugs kill fewer than prescription drugs I would give you that. But you mentioned a celebrity using hard drugs these people all died from or with the help of hard drugs and were addicts or at least heavy users.So I'll raise you:

Louis Abolafia
Herb Adams
CheT Baker
John Belushi
Truman Capote
David Croudip
Tommy Dorsey
John Entwistle
Chris Farley
Jose Fernadez
Althea Flynt
Paul Gardner
Judy Garland
James Hayden
Mitch Hedberg
Jimi Hendrix
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Tim Horton
Whitney Houston
Howard Hughes
Janis Joplin
Phil Lynott
Jim Morrison
Bradley Nowell
Ol Dirty Bastard
Marco Patani
Carl Perkins
Darrell Porter
Don Rogers
David Ruffin
Richard Pryor (heart attack from cocaine use and free base)
Ike Turner
Tom Petty
Prince
River Phoenix.

The list is never ending so just because Keith isn't dead from an overdose doesn't mean that hard drugs are safe.

Last edited:

Rider420

The list is never ending so just because Keith isn't dead from an overdose doesn't mean that hard drugs are safe.
FYI Food ain't safe buddy. In fact its deadlier then drugs.
In the United States, for example, it is estimated that 300,000 deaths are due to obesity each year.
There were 106,699 drug-involved overdose deaths reported in the U.S. in 2021

Lets get real and talk numbers of deaths. 7 Million people die from tobacco each year another 3 million from alcohol but only half a million from hard drugs mostly due to a toxic supply. Do the math!

LOL what a tiny number, here are the facts of tobacco use and deaths of famous people
227 famous people who died because they smoked…

Or lets look at how many famous people died from alcohol.

Its about freedom of choice, everyone is going to die.

BTW No one is admitting to creating a safe supply but its happening and in a year the lower OD deaths rates will prove why it was done.

Last edited:

Dime

FYI Food ain't safe buddy. In fact its deadlier then drugs.
In the United States, for example, it is estimated that 300,000 deaths are due to obesity each year.
There were 106,699 drug-involved overdose deaths reported in the U.S. in 2021

Lets get real and talk numbers of deaths. 7 Million people die from tobacco each year another 3 million from alcohol but only half a million from hard drugs mostly due to a toxic supply. Do the math!

LOL what a tiny number, here are the facts of tobacco use and deaths of famous people
227 famous people who died because they smoked…

Or lets look at how many famous people died from alcohol.

Its about freedom of choice, everyone is going to die.

BTW No one is admitting to creating a safe supply but its happening and in a year the lower OD deaths rates will prove why it was done.
We were not talking about food deaths ,alcohol or tobacco ,you mentioned cocaine and heroin. I agree those are killing more and more people do overeat,drink and smoke and it's legal so how does legalizing it cause less deaths? Tobacco,junk food and booze should be banned then not made more available if you want to stop the deaths

LHC

Yes and he also gets frequent blood transfusions,maybe he's one of the exceptions or lucky.Hard drugs kill fewer than prescription drugs I would give you that. But you mentioned a celebrity using hard drugs these people all died from or with the help of hard drugs and were addicts or at least heavy users.So I'll raise you:

Louis Armstrong
Herb Adams
CheT Baker
John Belushi
Truman Capote
David Croudip
Tommy Dorsey
John Entwistle
Chris Farley
Jose Fernadez
Althea Flynt
Paul Gardner
Judy Garland
James Hayden
Mitch Hedberg
Jimi Hendrix
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Tim Horton
Whitney Houston
Howard Hughes
Janis Joplin
Phil Lynott
Jim Morrison
Bradley Nowell
Ol Dirty Bastard
Marco Patani
Carl Perkins
Darrell Porter
Don Rogers
David Ruffin
Richard Pryor (heart attack from cocaine use and free base)
Ike Turner
Tom Petty
Prince
River Phoenix.

Louis Armstrong? What hard drug did he die of?

Dime

Legalizing it will make for more addicts,just like the ease of going to the corner store and buying alcohol increases the # of alcoholics and cigs increase cancer through easier access and less accountability and since most junkies don't have gainful employment they will commit crimes to feed it. If theft was legal I'm pretty sure more people would steal. I do agree rehabilitation should be a priority and I also think the taxing will not go to the source anyway just like other taxes,does all the alcohol tax go to helping alcoholics or the cig tax go to cancer centers or is it distributed in other ways or swallowed by red tape before it even gets there?

Rider420

Legalizing it will make for more addicts,just like the ease of going to the corner store and buying alcohol increases the # of alcoholics and cigs increase cancer through easier access and less accountability
Sorry eh but you just proved Your DEAD wrong buddy its tobacco and alcohol that has decreased in use, LEGAL drugs you can buy almost anywhere. All other illicit drug uses has gone up proving education is far more effective then facist prohibition.

In 1965, 50% of Canadian adults smoked (61% of men and 38% of women). As of 2011, that number has dropped to 17%.

Sadly your just another victim of the drug war's propaganda!

BTW alcohol use has also decreased.
On a volume basis, sales of alcohol declined 1.2% to 3,141 million litres in 2021/2022, which is equivalent to 9.5 standard alcoholic beverages per week per Canadian of legal drinking age.

Last edited:

Rider420

We were not talking about food deaths ,alcohol or tobacco ,you mentioned cocaine and heroin. I agree those are killing more and more people do overeat,drink and smoke and it's legal so how does legalizing it cause less deaths? Tobacco,junk food and booze should be banned then not made more available if you want to stop the deaths
Most deaths from hard drugs is due to a toxic illicit supply caused by prohibition. Legal safe tested drugs will stop this! What part of that do you not understand?
"Toxic drugs were responsible for an average of 189 deaths per month in 2022, or 6.2 lost lives each and every day."

So you think junk food is the issue not how much of it you eat. If one burger a day is fine what is wrong with 10 eh.

Dime

"What part of that do you not understand?" don't be a fuckin goof and act civil or you will get a real big goof reply.Well then dont eat junk food , don't take drugs that can be tampered with and they should be ok,maybe even don't put anything suspect in your body does that clear it up?.

Latest posts

Latest posts