What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Blue Satellites and a Kush

Socrates

Any idea what the difference is between the advanced and stock setups? The stock setup for each "module" is:

R(660nm) - 6
B(470nm) - 2
R(640nm) - 2
B(440nm) - 2
B(460nm CREE) - 1
R(630nm CREE) - 7

Looks like this:
picture.php

Did it cost extra for the advanced spectrum? Sorry for all the questions!

vukman

Veteran
dude, don't be sorry for asking questions man....it's the only way any of us learn....

It didn't cost anything for the advanced spectrum but I sent in a ratio I wanted and that would have cost me around 130% of the base cost which I couldn't cover at the time... I can't really do this either but WTF...only live once right?!? heheh

Yes, that's them except I got the model above that...the one with 6 modules... As for the difference, the advanced is the ratio that HGL used to use.. I think they still do except they buy from another source now.

The specs are: 660nm:470nm:640nm:440nm:740:460nm:630nm=4:2:2:2:2:1:7

Close but a little difference between the two.........those will still just be temps until I can build my DIY unit. I've got the drivers ordered and on the way and also, the thermal tape as well.
Guess the only thing missing is the Al. heat sink. Probably going to go with flat plate (2psc) spread by threaded rod and the drivers and fans will be mounted on the 2nd piece.
Like hempfield's got going on there...

Fuck, that man does nice work...you see his DIY unit!! I can only hope to build something that nice looking....I've done construction work most of my life including electrical but never something like that!! Guess there's a first for everything, huh?? :)

DrFever

Veteran
i am here anxiously waiting for your new lights to arrive and i honestly think your plants are going to take off so you better put on your seat belt they look really good

Socrates

So two less 660 and 2 extra 740 per module. That sounds like a pretty ideal layout; wish I'd ordered it myself (get some Emerson effect on!). Anyway, even if they are temporary, looking forward to seeing how they do for you. And yeah, hempfield has some pretty badass DIY gear.

vukman

Veteran
my fat bushy little girls...LOL

my fat bushy little girls...LOL

Here's the bushes!!!!!!! ahahah
I've changed the light cycle from 21/3 to 19/5 to get some vertical growth happening or else I'll have the shortest fattest plants in the whole damn forum!!!!! :biggrin:

Here's the latest from today (Monday Oct.14/12)
picture.php

picture.php

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Those are just some big tubs to fill roots in is all vukman. I run most of my veg on 24/0 and was surprised by the amount of stretch I did receive however when running seeds the plants do grow different. Young plants from seed start more stretchy at first than their clone counterpart but once they get older the nodes tighten up as the main stem gains width along with vertical growth.

Now I am not saying to do this BUT have you thought about digging them out and repotting them into something smaller? It should be more than possible unless you feel they are infact growing roots from top to bottom and might be intertwined etc. If left in the tote though they will odds are start kicking off in a week or two either way.

I love me some small containers as it helps with the wet/dry cycle especially with these leds as they do not eat up the moisture in the tents the way that hps bulbs do.

The plants look GREAT, there is nothing wrong with being short and fat and if you don't believe me ask a penguin
The-Penguin-Danny-DeVito--64436.jpg

vukman

Veteran
NEW LIGHTS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!

NEW LIGHTS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!

Hey hey hey....it's fat.........er...sorry..getting carried away..

Got the new lights today so let's see what kind of difference they make. The are from bysen and are the advanced ratio. Here are the images.. As you can see, there is a lot more blue in them than my other lights I had.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this picture below is the 'old' lights with the Sunblaster fluorescents

picture.php

medmaker420

Veteran
Looking good, have you looked into their daisy chain capabilities yet? I was thinking that extra plug would be PERFECT for one of those small 6" fans to plug into. Not sure what wattage they are able to run and not sure if I want to even test its capabilities lol.

Digging the two lights man. Hell you are catching up to my led panel count brother LOL. Plants look happy under the new lights but looked happy before. Man having two panels of each is just screaming a GROW OFF!!!!

Get another tent in that room stat!

that would be sweeeeet

vukman

Veteran
Looking good, have you looked into their daisy chain capabilities yet? I was thinking that extra plug would be PERFECT for one of those small 6" fans to plug into. Not sure what wattage they are able to run and not sure if I want to even test its capabilities lol.

Digging the two lights man. Hell you are catching up to my led panel count brother LOL. Plants look happy under the new lights but looked happy before. Man having two panels of each is just screaming a GROW OFF!!!!

Get another tent in that room stat!

that would be sweeeeet
heheh..no way my friend... I think you've got me totally beat in that department with experience alone, never mind the fact that you've got lights specifically geared for vegging and then other's for flowering..:)

vukman

Veteran
sure bro..no secrets here.. They were $635 or $665 delivered. Two advanced ratio lights from China to Toronto was ~$665 delivered. I had to pay another $50 for duty and tariffs to the lovely government but that's got nothing to do with what I paid Bysen though.

vukman

Veteran
are these blue satellites the 2.2 version?

You know bro, I honestly don't know and I doubt that even the guy I got them from knows either. I've seen the final result and the damn main cola is the size of a litre bottle of coke!!!!!! LOL.

If that's the 2.2 version, then yes it is..

Socrates

Have you run the Kill-A-Watt on those things yet? Lookin good! Also, have you thought about putting more plants under there to maximize the light? Seems like you'd be able to provide for more than those 3 (which look very happy)?

medmaker420

Veteran
heheh..no way my friend... I think you've got me totally beat in that department with experience alone, never mind the fact that you've got lights specifically geared for vegging and then other's for flowering..:)

No not a grow off between the two of us, but since you now have 4 flower panels you can get another tent and do a grow off between the two tents.

I can't compete with my buddies especially when I already have a million and one tests going on right now LOL.

The lights look great, wondering how they compare watt wise to the ones I have due to being different spectrums.

:dance013: Sending positive growers karma your way :dance013:

vukman

Veteran
:dance013: Sending positive growers karma your way :dance013:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for the karma my friend...:huggg:

As for the questions about the wattage everyone is asking. I forgot to test them before I put them into the tent but I will test them tomorrow some time. I'm thinking they are called 210's due to the 210W they draw but I could be way off on that one..:)

Socrates

I think that's right, but they probably only actually hit that when the temps are very cool. I'd guess you'll see 190-200W draw on each panel. Still, 400 actual watts of LED light (a fair amount of which comes from CREE diodes) for $630 shipped is pretty good in this day and age.

Latest posts

Latest posts