What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Blue Satellites and a Kush

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im feeling inspired lol. ive got 2 300w LED's on the way! i had ordered two ebay 90w ufo's to test out and they were marketed as 45 3w chips and use 90w. when i checked them they were only pulling 38w lol. i sent em back and ordered some legit ones. me and Vuk are gonna have to battle it out in the LED tents haha. be sure and let us now how you did GPW wise.

CannabisYeah

Nice buds!!
Mind blowing stuff!!
I read all from the begining, just conviced myself to switch to LEDs, but I need some advice.

Vukman,

What distance do you leave the tops from these bysen Helios 210w models?

I am thinking about buying the 140w or the 210w helios, but my growroom only have 1m (3ft) height. Can I put the tops really close to the growlight without burning them?

Do you think 210w for a 0,5x0,5x1m (WxLxH) space is too much?

thank you for all the valuable info about LEDs,

keep growing

Kindest

Most here are running 12-18" from the top with minor bleaching from higher output panels. This bleaching mostly affects presentation, not really quality. The 210w sounds right for the space area-wise but will probably grow 6" or less from the light without *serious* training and punishment due to your height restrictions. I'm running about 1m height also.

Keep in mind you'll have a minimum of 3-6" lost between the roof of the cab and the top of the light, where the fan exhausts heat. Hope this helps - wheres Vukman?

CannabisYeah

Thanks for being so kind :)

I am currently running with a 150w HPS + 27w CFL and it is really hot!
I am leaving the tops as close as 6", but I wonder if with a 210w LED light I could get them even closer with less heat?

Anyway, next time I will probablly do a SCROG so buds will be at proper distance from the lights, but you never know when you have a stretching sativa feno...

btw, I will keep a track of your grow! Your scrog is looking really good!

CannabisYeah

Sorry, I didnt know what "bleaching" meant until now.
I thought that the problem in having too much light was heat only.
but those white buds are actually pretty cool, if there is no loss in quality I will probably try to get light bleaching on purpose!

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Sorry, I didnt know what "bleaching" meant until now.
I thought that the problem in having too much light was heat only.
but those white buds are actually pretty cool, if there is no loss in quality I will probably try to get light bleaching on purpose!

:laughing: ........gotta love the noobs. Funny guy.

CannabisYeah

:laughing: ........gotta love the noobs. Funny guy.

Haha, I am not a noob!

I have been growing cannabis for 5 years in a country where one plant can put you behind bars for 5 to 15 years...

I never had too much light or space and always had to make miracles to harvest enough for my medical use in such a tiny growroom. (weed here comes from Paraguay in smelly bricks full of shit. I is nothing compared to medical grade pot, and calling it weed is an insult to plants!)

Here you would probably burn the tops before you can have light bleaching, (because of the hot clima) so I never heard of it.
English is not my native language, so I misunderstand the meaning of bleaching.

but anyway, I am glad that my ignorance amuses you :biggrin:

I just want to know if it is possible to cause a serious light bleaching with only 210w of xing-ling LEDs?

Socrates

What up vuk, you alright? Nice looking harvest, I'm looking forward to a smoke report! Oh, and if that is blue satellite, I'd especially like to hear your thoughts on the flavor and high, as I recently received some BS2.2 freebies...

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
he will be back once he stops smoking his harvest lol

damn canadian ninjas

sneaky devils

what the VUK man where you at?