3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
johhny wiesmuller tarzan movies on sat morning

cheata just died at ate 80

lol blows my mind to know he was still alive

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I started out quoting some posts, but just way too many to chime in on.Memory lane...it's kind of crazy how I somehow remember that era being somewhat simpler as well,whether it was or not or was just viewed with a narrower perspective, who knows. :)

Yeah, there were definitely some cool lineups on Sundays.I remember Flash Gordon/Superman/3Stooges early, then Marlin Perkins/60 Minutes/Disney.

Kimba the White Lion always stuck with me :dunno:

pattenkimba01.gif

Maryanne was definitely a Friday Night girl :dancer:

F

Fastcast

I forget about Wild kingdom,big Jim would take on anything that moved!Lets not forget Happy days,the old ones of course(1970's).

Herbophile

I've been waiting for another sci-fi fan to speak up.

For me it's Star Trek (I liked damn near all of 'em, including Deep Space Nine and Voyager) and my husband has gotten me completely hooked on Firefly.

I'm a big fan of all the Star Trek shows also but I'm not sure on the Fox show. I know they recently brought in Terra Nova which I could only watch the first episode of because it was so bad.

I'm not sure if this will ever happen but I'm hoping. :)

http://sciencefictionnews.info/return-of-the-firefly/75198/

Ever since Joss Whedon’s space western was canceled back in 2003, its fans — at first, a relatively small contingent, but as time and DVD sales grew, so did the ranks swell — have wondered what could possibly rescue it from the tightly clenched jaws of death. And until now, nothing could. But with Netflix resuscitating other long-canceled shows, and greenlighting original programming, what had been a firm NO is now a wobbly MAYBE.

Bunz

Wow.............over 100+ replies and not one mention of the greatest stoner tv show ever.......

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Rod Serling rocked!!!!

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Wow.............over 100+ replies and not one mention of the greatest stoner tv show ever.......

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Rod Serling rocked!!!!

Huge fan here,Alfred Hitchcock, both his books and the TV series, were good.Even campy shit like Lost in Space and the Abbott & Costello series-movies were great.If you've never seen "Who's on first?", it's a classic.

LOL...just thought about the TV Guide we would get in the mail.:laughing:

HOLY CHRIST! What's on TV??!?...all 5 channels :)

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Sopranos. I just got Season 1 and Season 2 of Fringe, so I got my Fringe fix for the moment. I need to score and then have a huge night of freakin' out on Fringe. K++

StayHigh149

YO! MTV Raps = I'll take the Dre & Ed Lover version but prefer the Fab Five Freddy joints...

The Wire

The Sopranos

In Living Color

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The Ed Sullivan Show,

I really miss the good old variety shows of the 60s and 70s, usually based on comedy they also brought us the musical talent of the day (Elvis, Louis Armstrong, The Beatles, The Stones etc...), magic acts, song & dance and much more.

The Ed Sullivan Show was a real family based show, The Dean Martin Show had a bawdy adult nature to it, The Smothers Brothers carried a real strong comedic flavor. The Flip Wilson Show (George Carlin wrote for it) brought wild laughter to our living rooms weekly.

Rowan & Martins Laugh-In.......
This show either launched or helped cement the careers of at least a dozen comedians in its day, it ran from '67 ~ '73 and if you lived through those times and remember the show you might agree it was the SNL of that era. The show would feature mostly comedic skits, their own staff and also guests including more established comics of the day as well as some musical talent. Just like SNL it broke down relevant racial and social barriers by way of laughing at our own faults & inadequacies, a lot of fun and slightly ahead of its time.......

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Laugh in was great!!!!!!

Laugh in was great!!!!!!

Don't forget the Carol Burnett show.

:cathug: I named all my cats after the characters on that show. I only have miss Wiggins now.