What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turn from LED to HPS!

mr.brunch

Veteran
yeah but temp is really low...with hps and the suitable ventilation i think temp will rise from 15 to nearly 20C. What do u think brother?

I know what you mean mate, one of my grows has to be hps as the surrounding environment is too cold for led... in my case I’m using a 600w in a 1sqm tent. I have a fan on the floor in the centre blowing up at the light to stop hotspots.
Best of luck whatever you decide

P

pongster

brother,
don't think twice, if your temp is too cold, go HPS. you can't grow at 15°C.
cheers
:rasta:

Koondense

Veteran
What model is this led fixture? Just to get the idea what you're talking about.

I believe it must be somewhere in 200-300w max if the temps stay this low.

The basic info you should provide is grow area, ambient temps fluctuation (on/off leds), temps outside growroom.

My idea would be to use a 250w hps as supplemental light for winter. Was already thinking about it but then decided to move the led drivers inside, now it's warm enough for normal growing.

Cheers

G

growhigh1233

my environment is locked in using hps.............living in a colder climate, the heat from the bulbs and the heat from the ballasts are a valuable heat source that create a favourable growing climate ...........a heat source which i would have to supplement with extra heating ...........i actually like 250 watt hps lights ,,,,,,prefer 2x250 to 1x600 when it comes to light coverage and heat ........a mix of both led and hps is prob the way to go tho .. best of both