What's new

Turbo Charged Under Current NWT System

W

willyweed

been a while ! hows the undercurrent treating you speedemon ? no tsunami's i hope

S

speedemon

been a while ! hows the undercurrent treating you speedemon ? no tsunami's i hope

Lol no mate no tsunamis :) I will not be doing weekly updates though this time due to being very busy, but I will be updating pics as and when, as I have flicked to 12/12 now so things will start getting nice soon and pics will be taken. :tiphat:

Nice setup there dude, looks awesome!

St Jimi

Hey bro,

Cheers for the compliments :tiphat::ying:

S

speedemon

Booooo! Speedy you've changed main lol can't say I'm happy about it

LMFAO Ok Ok, here is a update, this is the day 4 of flower update as you can see they appear to like the system. I have added 3 new plants in the gaps that where old mums so now have a total of 9 plants. The new strains are Big Buddha Blue Cheese, Old School Dutch Passion White Widow and G13 Sour AK. I was struggling with humidity during veg so I added my humidifier you can see in front of the air cooler, top right in one of the pics.

S

speedemon

looking tip top mate have you built a screen yet?

peace

Cheers mate :)

Nope I will be trying a screenless SCROG just with tying down and training the hell out of them.I will then use the yoyo's on lines to support the colas :)

D

dank420uk

what a room speed looks very professional they way i think all rooms should be...excellent
i am away to look at my tent in my bedroom...pmsl

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
really interesting set up, looks like you really gave it a lot of thought. plants seem to be happy too, will be fun watching all those nice strains do their thing.

will change the f to a w in the title. this must be thee thread HGO was talking about for the title change?

S

speedemon

what a room speed looks very professional they way i think all rooms should be...excellent
i am away to look at my tent in my bedroom...pmsl

Thanks dank mate for the compliment :) We all have to start somewhere mate, tents do their job well.

really interesting set up, looks like you really gave it a lot of thought. plants seem to be happy too, will be fun watching all those nice strains do their thing.

will change the f to a w in the title. this must be thee thread HGO was talking about for the title change?

Hey gaiusmarius, thanks for stopping by and the compliment, yeah I did spend a while designing this system and learning from my last one, and the plants are loving it.

I did ask for a title change as its only using an NFT tray but that's as far as its NFT. As my friend Lex pointed out its more a NWT (Nutrient Wave Technique) as the pumps cause a wave along the surface of the tray.

Thanks for changing it my friend :tiphat::ying:

:)

Hi SD.Not heard you mention the Nutrient chiller! Thinking again tho i suppose you wouldnt need one with the air cooled light ?

Might be an idea for me to get one [or two] because two non-aircooled lights will make the water temp sore using bubble ponics,sure.
As they state actually,and yourself has mentioned something like one time too.

NWT! awesome stuff. :D

S

speedemon

:)

Hi SD.Not heard you mention the Nutrient chiller! Thinking again tho i suppose you wouldnt need one with the air cooled light ?

Might be an idea for me to get one [or two] because two non-aircooled lights will make the water temp sore using bubble ponics,sure.
As they state actually,and yourself has mentioned something like one time too.

NWT! awesome stuff. :D

Hey E4 ;)

Still using the aquarium chiller that feeds into the header tank which keeps res temps between 20/21c. Your right though mate with the way I am now extracting and intaking up in the loft my temps are at a record breaking low which I am over the moon at :) They only hit 25 max at the NFT tray height. I designed like a big exhaust box which go's down the left side of the room and then the extraction points go into it, then a 8" CF takes it all out.

I also have a tower fan that's suspended on light yoyos so I can raise it up and down and it blows air beneath the shades towards the outake.

Should help loads with Summer temps :)

Peace

Taa bro,and ty i extract into the loft too.Good idea with the tower fan.
Remember carlbruv had this thing/box called king span!?
Imagine thats similar to your exhaust box.
I could not work out what it was for exactly [even though there was ducting going in/out]
:D
But clearer now! ;)

S

speedemon

Yes mate the walls are made with 50mm Kingspan insulation, housing the CF attached to the fan and out.

speedemon, thats one lovely room ya got there bro...
hats off for the work done to create something like that.

Great thread, im taggin along for the ride if thats cool m8...

W

willyweed

speedemon you missed a trick naming the new system of yours,don't get me wrong ,lex's idea is good .but try this .nutrient undercurrent technique or nut for short what do you think? :)

S

speedemon

speedemon, thats one lovely room ya got there bro...
hats off for the work done to create something like that.

Great thread, im taggin along for the ride if thats cool m8...

Hey StickyHands, Thank you very much for the kind words bro, it take take me a lot of thought and planning, I find with the Killer Queen that I smoke its great for late night brain storming, so I always keep a pad and pencil handy beside the bed lol.

speedemon you missed a trick naming the new system of yours,don't get me wrong ,lex's idea is good .but try this .nutrient undercurrent technique or nut for short what do you think? :)

Lol Hey Willyweed, I just designed it and did not really think to name it but I like NWT because with the Tunze fans that create the wave it suits it well. I also like NUT as yes its also uses the Under Current technique, but I think I will stick with NWT for now :)

Cheers.

[not able to rate the posts OR add too the rep]? :shrug:

No worries mate.

Super Awesome, can we see the Turbo ;)

Peace

Lol thanks for dropping by Sativa Dragon and for the kind words. The turbo's are just what I have called the two spinning Tunze pumps fitted into the intakes from the header tank each side, causing waves along the full length of the tray, which aerates the water as well as keeps it all moving and mixed up.

Peace :tiphat::ying: