What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trying to decide what to buy, ballast, hood, etc...

SKAGITMAGIC

here in washington its 15 plants and no more than 24 ounces in possesion and they dont count stems and roots or unsmokeables. I'm very happy

jonezin

here in washington its 15 plants and no more than 24 ounces in possesion and they dont count stems and roots or unsmokeables. I'm very happy

Lucky you. I can't believe it's only 2.5 ounces here. It seems extremely retarded to allow 12 plants but only 2.5 ounces. What the hell is the point to that? :wallbash:

L

LolaGal

Quit yer bitchin! :) Here 5 plants is a felony and all possession is illegal.... So if I could legally grow 12, I'd be SOOO happy. Don't sweat that 2.5 oz.. You can always make cannabutter with your excess, and I'm sure they'd never figure out why your freezer was chock full o butter! Yum, cannabutter.....cookies, brownies....I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.... Why not do a perpetual harvest with 4 plants in flower at all times, you should harvest the 2.5 oz every couple weeks......then all is well. You'll figure out something.... Just rotate that finish plant out and put new one in it's place. Lucky dog! Almost worth moving to have that kind of freedom....

Y

yamaha_1fan

Its hard for me to say because stealth has a different meaning to me than to others. My family room is in the basement and the only thing we hear is the A/C. Since you are legal, fan noise shouldnt be an issue. I have 4 fans running in the basemnet as we speak, (in the drying room I have a 5th fan)one of them a 12" connected to a can 150 and I dont hear anything. Actually the 12" is literally under me right now.

3 6" vortex
1 10" can fan (drying room)
1 12" can fan

I would personally go as big as you can on the filters and fans for filtration. You can mask the noise, you cant mask the weed smell. And trust me, if living in your grow op, you WILL become immune to the grow smells. I had to have someone do a smell check for me after I added my filters

Same thing on air cooling those lights, go as big as you can. Depending on the room etc, those lights can heat up pretty quick and summertime is around the corner.

I would run a perpetual harvest if possible, that way you have smoke all the time. Maybe keep one mom, 3-4 clones 3-4 vegging, 3-4 flowering, harvesting every 2-3 weeks depending on strain. You could skip the mom and just keep taking cuts from your plants in veg.

If running perpetual, keep in mind your system requirements. I forget if you said you were going hydro or soil, but just remember plants at different stages need different things so they shouldnt be placed into one system. You wont be able to flush if you have plants that are 3 weeks old.

Once you get to the 24 limit, it will give you a little more flex room

BTW you dont need to put 1000 on a mover, not sure whos rule of thumb theLION is referring to or how he things a 1000 is good for 10x10. A 1000 is good for 4x4, maybe 5x5 pushing it.

SKAGITMAGIC

I was given a nice fan I posted a picture of it in my album, another bud gave me a big activated charcoal can it had a 8 inch opening so I fabricated a plywood collar for the ductwork, there's a picture of the can in there too it weighs a ton but it was outside and I figure the charcoals wet, I gotta take it apart and clean it up,my question is the length of duct between the fan and the can, should it be as short a run as possible? the fan is powerful enough i figure to put a variable speed dial on it to kinda controll temps. in the room as the weather warms and cools,it sounds like you have considerable expeirience with this equiptment and I have none, If you could look at this stuff and advise me or anyone else i'd appreciate it.I'm really hoping that somebody made all my mistakes for me. I'd bring the pics here but I'm not sure how, thanks