What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trying to decide what to buy, ballast, hood, etc...

L

LolaGal

In case anyone is interested, I found a place in Ferndale Michigan selling the 400 watt ceramic metal halide bulbs for $39. Here's the site: http://www.lightingsupply.com/CDM400S51-HOR-4K-ALTO.aspx

LOL, I bought a case of MH bulbs when I first started out for about $220...I thought I'd be able to make my own ballasts then....haha.

Now I've got a lifetime supply of MH bulbs at the rate I'm going....! LOL

Have you checked out Discount-Hydro dot com? They have pretty good deals on everything. Last time I ordered they even threw in free Fat Flower fert and some Sugar Daddy.......Call for even lower prices than online.

jonezin

I have checked out Discount Hydro, and everything I have looked at on there was way more than some of the other places I have been checking at.

L

LolaGal

For some reason, I get good deals when I call em and talk to em personally...they ARE high online though..guess they figure if ya order it oh well.

I got a Sun System 400 MH/HPS kit for $130 including bulb, reflector etc.... I thought that was a good deal.

Last edited:

jonezin

After I get my list made maybe I'll call them and ask them if they can beat any of the prices. That would be cool if they will. I plan on going into a sort of local place too and asking them the same thing. I've never even been into a grow store though so I have no idea what to expect. They'll probably think it's hilarious.

Last edited:

jonezin

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to stay under my legal limit? I think it's pretty retarded that they're letting you have 12 plants but only 2.5 ounces at a time that's ready for consumption. That's why I'm planning on being a caregiver for at least one other person. Eventually it will be for a few more people. And that's why I want to get more light now. I'm not some retard that thinks I need 2000 watts to harvest 2.5 ounces of weed however often. I just want to already have the stuff I need as I can ramp up what I'm supposed to have. I might not even stick to 2.5 ounces anyway. Even though it's legal here now I still plan on having extremely tight security and still acting like it's as illegal as having nukes or something would be. I don't want to deal with them doing inspections and shit.

L

LolaGal

Why not use some of your excess to make cannabutter? They don't have a limit on cookies.....heehee

I would be tempted to bury some in the yard in Mason jars....

jonezin

The jars is a good idea. Something else I just thought of is it doesn't matter what type it is, you can have 2.5 ounces of hash, bud, whatever. I've never tried bubble hash but I am going to order a set of bags. I hope it's as good as everyone says. I think I can get away with that because until it's dried it's not ready to be used, so I could just make a bunch of hash as soon as it's dried to keep under my limit. If I decide to adhere to the limit. I don't see how they're going to be able to enforce that anyway...

L

LolaGal

an Ammo box works great for burial. I doubt with a legal grow you will get hassled about the 2.5 ozs.

It makes me cringe to think of good bud turned into bubble hash...that's just used for trim. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

jonezin

Oh shit, I wasn't thinking about that. :wallbash::laughing::asskick:Duh... Yeah I'm not doing that then. I've just got too many different things going through my head right now and I forgot that about the bubble hash. Being sick isn't helping either. I think I have a plan to cure the 2.5 ounce problem too. I'll just only keep that much here. :nanana::woohoo: They can't do anything if I get stopped with up to 12 plants worth in my car as long as it's not dried. I'll just haul most of it to a friends. Problem solved.

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
sounds like you might be in cali but in cali its 8 oz per patient. not sure though if your somewhere else...

but you chose all good equipment, can fans are a bit louder than vortex- thats why i chose the vortex but the can has a little bit higher CFM...

the best place to get all your stuff hands down is plant lighting hydroponics .com all one word. Check out their prices and compare them to anyone elses. I know you won't be disapointed. One thing to do is specifically request stealth shipping because I recieved my package torn to shit and sun system stuff hanging out this is when i was on the east coast to so it was real sketchy, mostly was UPS fault for being so rough with it... there was stuff missing too but i called them and they fixed everything and sent out my missing parts...

theLION

600w are better you can do many things with them rule of thumb never put a 1000 up without a light rail .a 1000 will cover a 10x10 ft area .and can fans work like magic but yes loud but after its on you will never know unless it shuts down so leave it on all the time big deal 5yr warr i think . the thing about dig ballast are you can change the cords from 11o to 220 like a computer cord real easy the budget grows are hardwired no big deal if you never plan on expanding .none the less 1 gal pot will yeild 1 ozish
and so on dont do 1 gal and top and you picked a well great strain but bad for inside you want something short
and fast barney sounds nice . butt the 600 for veg and the 1000 for flower is the way to go . and exhaust cant have enough it gets hotter every year . hey i wonder if there are and igloo grows ?

Last edited:

theLION

i would not waste my dough on those bags they are a derailed truth of resin extraction the extractor 1000 is the only thing other than a dry siv thats really the real deal .THATS THE TRUTH . 3 BAGS 3 DILUTIONS ,EXTRACTOR -1 -SCREEN 1-COFFEE FILTER ONLY THE BEST OILS and resin AND ITS THE BEST INVENTION SINCE THE DRY SIV TRUTH BE KNOWN , READ ICE WARS .someone in cali told me about it and it blew my mind

jonezin

NorCalFor20, thanks for cluing me in about the difference in noise between the Vortex and Can fans. I have already looked at Plant Lighting Hydroponics' site quite a bit, but I didn't see the Super Sun II hoods on there.

Have you checked out Grow Light Express .com? They have real good prices on there too. I've sent them a few emails now and I have gotten extremely fast replies every time. I've never ordered from there and I haven't heard of anyone else ordering from there either, I just found them while looking for the best prices for those Lumatek ballasts. The one thing that sucks about them is they are in California. I am in Michigan by the way...

Here in Michigan it is 2.5 ounces per patient. I wish it was 8 here :wallbash:

theLION, thanks for the replies. I checked out the XTR 1000 Ice Wonder Extractor you're talking about, but I can't afford $900 for an ice hash setup. If I had smoked a lot of it and absolutely loved the shit maybe I'd consider spending that much on something like that, but I;ve never even tried the stuff yet. So I think I'm gonna stick with getting a set of bags for now. Here's a link to that thing for those who don't know what it is: http://www.icecold.org/

jonezin

Hey never mind, I just found the Super Sun II hoods on Plant Lighting Hydroponics' site. Their prices are a little better on those Vortex fans too compared to that Grow Light Express site. The rest of the stuff I've looked at is the same price between the two sites.

I think I forgot to mention this, but I called a local place and he told me to let him know what prices I find online and he said more than likely he'll be able to beat them. I pointed out that not only were the prices cheaper but that I wouldn't be paying sales tax from any of the other places too.

jonezin

Do you think I should just get an 8" fan? One of the sites I was looking at suggested using 8" with that Can 66, I was just gonna use 6" with it, but for $20 more should I just get the 8" Vortex?

theLION

well with the bags you are having to hand hold the mixer as well
ever held one for 15 min . yes they are a little up there but you set it and forget it

SKAGITMAGIC

I just purchased the lumatec 600 dual ballast I like the versitility of two hoods and the 240 makes them fairly economical, The prices at htsupply can't be beat, but when my ballast failed my girls snapped when i told them it would be a couple weeks to get a new one shipped from florida or pencillvania, my advise is to buy your gear where it can be replaced in a couple hours,cause eventually it will happen.