What's new

trying for 15lbs

fikich

Isn't 10LB is a little low for 10k watt and 400 plants even if 4 LBs were lost due to powdery mildew? Or hunterwoundedft dropped/lost plants during the grow?

BlindDate

Veteran
Isn't 10LB is a little low for 10k watt and 400 plants even if 4 LBs were lost due to powdery mildew? Or hunterwoundedft dropped/lost plants during the grow?

That comes to .6 grams per watt counting the 4 lbs lost...an average yield. Another average AN yield with all the AN drama included. He probably could have done just as well or better using plain old GH 3 part and zero additives. In fact I'm sure he could have.

hunterwoundedft

u guys seem to forget the strains here, GDP being the star of the show w/ a little over 3/5 of the grow and bk being half of a fith. only 1 tray was a medium yield strain of Straw diesle and i agree the genes dissapointed me as well.

BD, i have grow in the vast majority of common media w/ just about every nutrient line out there. i would venture to say that i know more about growing in coir then 99% of growers and i not only can but do write charts for nutrient companies, hydrponic buissnesses and top growers, there r 2- 40 light grows going right now that i wrote the charts for and helped set up and get going. i am currently retired from growing after growing for over 10 years indoors and another couple seasons of outdoors(small grows albiet).
w/ all that said i will say that the majority of AN products r just as good as anything GH or Botnanicare produce but there r a few products that r better. i can grow using only the 3 part or even better no nutrients other then teas/manuers and other organics. i can mix organics and chems depnding on the media or i can go only organic or only chem depending on the media. i can and have grown top notch crops w/ only botanicare and others w/ only GH and others w/ a mix of all sorts of companies. what i have found is that it is not so much the Nutrient company that matters as much as the growers and even a little luck.

i can challenge any1 to duel of pictures and never be embarresed of what i bring to the table and i can challenge any1 to a duel of grow information and never be be seen as not knowing as much as many of the most knowlegeable.

to say that using only the 3 part would give ME as good of results as the few basic nutes and additives i used would be very wrong. yes it may be true that a guy only using the 3part could get as much as the guy using the 3part and the basic additives i had added to this grow but let us see the outcome after 3 or 4 crops after seasonal changes and then we will see who has the highest average yield.

u see the additives i use mostly r NOT for yield, that is where many beginer to intermediate growers r mistaken. the additives r to keep the plants healthy through season and other stresses. for the extra few dollars it costs me in fulvic acid, pottasium silicate, vits and hormones i am buying insurance, an insurance that protects me when my pump breaks and i do not know for 2 or 3 days, insurance that protects me when the a/c goes out or when the humidity is too high for a short period of time. if u wish i can go into the reasons P.S. is so important to hydroponic growers or why spending an extra dollar or 2 per res change in vits and hormones can head off stress when u don't see it comming.

i do remember when i was an intermediate grower and i thought i knew everything. it took many years of amzing crops and failed crops to learn what it takes to be an advanced grower. to be able to debate from experience and knowlege takes experience and knowlege.

hunterwoundedft

Norcalpurps said:
57 u think u can post a feeding chart for GDP if u have the time.
NCP, i have several charts on my comp, i just sent charts to about 5 people today but i need an email address.

and fyi i have charts ranging from 2part nutes w/ only a couple additives to full on 2+ programs.

Budweiser13

57 man please post up a couple of charts man your grows rock would love to have some good nute recipes please man........... :wave:

hunterwoundedft

i would be more then happy too but not sure how to do it on the forums. i have them written on MS excell 2003 right now. if any1 can let me know how to post em in a post i would do it.

Budweiser13

57 do you mean like this

What you can do to post a picture of a screen shot of microsoft excel is
1. open the spreadsheet
2. hold down control key then hit the print screen key on the key board
3. now go to start, programs, accessories, and open microsoft paint
4. when microsoft paint opens click the edit tab at the top of paint and select paste, it should paste the screenshot of the excel spreadsheet in the paint window.
5. now to save as a jpg file go to the file menu on paint and select save as, when the box pops up to save as use the drop down on that window and select save as jpg jpeg then name it and save it to where ever you want.
6. now go ahaed and find that file and open it you should have a jpg saved image of the excel spreadsheet hope this helps.... :wave:

word

*******Spam Prevention. You do not have enough posts to use the Private Message system. You need a total of 50 posts. If you are having technical difficulties with the site, and this is not related to having the minimum post count required to send a private message, please email [email protected].********

PM me 57. my bk mom is donzo. the gdp mom lives on.

hunterwoundedft

been trying like hell budweiser 13. the only issue i am having is that when i press ctrl and prtsc it only wants to save whats in this little box i cant get rid of. i just want to save the whole damn screen not what i put in the box. but i am unable to get rid of the box and just save the whole screen. hopefully u know what i am saying. im almost there. i got the basics of what ur saying but i am unable to save the whole screen and not just whats in the box. when i save what i can save it comes up w/o the excell lines and does not show the whole screen like what u posted.

Budweiser13

You should just be able to open up the excel spreadsheet and hit Ctrl then Print screen try not to put your pointer on that particular part that it is only trying to save. Once the excel spread sheet is open try putting your pointer like up the corner then try it...

hunterwoundedft

well, im not having any luck. i was finally able to save the infromation of the spread sheet just not the whole page as it looks in ur post but it will work. but now i am not able to upload new pics to my gallary fo some reason. i have uploaded a hundred pics in the past but in anycase if any1 wants a damn chart just send me ur email adress and i can send one to u that way.

gonzo`

well, im not having any luck. i was finally able to save the infromation of the spread sheet just not the whole page as it looks in ur post but it will work. but now i am not able to upload new pics to my gallary fo some reason. i have uploaded a hundred pics in the past but in anycase if any1 wants a damn chart just send me ur email adress and i can send one to u that way.

Does anyone have these charts he emailed? I would like some! please contact me if you have!

pico

Veteran
57 do you mean like this

What you can do to post a picture of a screen shot of microsoft excel is
1. open the spreadsheet
2. hold down control key then hit the print screen key on the key board
3. now go to start, programs, accessories, and open microsoft paint
4. when microsoft paint opens click the edit tab at the top of paint and select paste, it should paste the screenshot of the excel spreadsheet in the paint window.
5. now to save as a jpg file go to the file menu on paint and select save as, when the box pops up to save as use the drop down on that window and select save as jpg jpeg then name it and save it to where ever you want.
6. now go ahaed and find that file and open it you should have a jpg saved image of the excel spreadsheet hope this helps.... :wave:

That looks familiar. I made that spreadsheet a couple years ago. Took me forever to get all those values and program it out. Wasn't sure if anyone ever used it. It is pretty awesome actually, just put in the ml/gallon of each component and see the exact nutrient breakdown.

Where did you get that anyways?