What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trumps wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendull C.

Veteran
It's clear Wendull that you use the term in a benign way, I am just point out there are many who use it maliciously. That maliciousness can lead to negative outcomes for legal citizens as well as unwanted immigrants.

I do find your distinction between an illegal citizen breaking federal law by entering the country and a legal citizen breaking federal law by consuming cannabis to be a bit arbitrary.

We are both committing "crimes" and both face the lessening of our rights and reputations compared to others who do not practice civil disobedience out of sheer necessity.

The distinction for me is my country has to put up with the illegal shit I do. They can't ship me anywhere but the can.

The host country of illegals doesn't have to put up with what illegals do, it is their home country that must do that. We just have to ship them home.

I think they are quite similar seeing as you can have SWAT bust into your house and kill your dog in front of your kid for just false tip of a grow space just the same as a tip that you are harboring unwanted immigrants. In a perfect world, it would be as simple as you state; however the outcomes seen for legal and unwanted citizens alike can be quite harsh.

People use these laws to harm individuals they personally do not like. The Salem Witch Trials, Spanish Inquisition, McCarthyism, and the many decades of the Drug War prove this beyond any doubt.

Also just like the majority of cannabis users won't see these outcomes, most unwanted immigrant won't either. That doesn't make it any less wrong.

This thread is about a wall keeping them out, not what do once they are here. Most agree a wall is a ridiculous idea in practice. There are more effective ways that have been mentioned in this thread but nothing will ever be perfect. Our borders are just too large.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I see binning and banning in the near future.
You can't run ripshod over the Terms of Use here.
You ALL agreed to follow them when you joined IC Mag.
Burn1

I wrote this shall not be a pro or con Trump thread . I ask more about is it physicly possible to guard a soooo long border. Before we get in trouble, please close the thread.

Dog Star

Veteran
Mine opinion on a subject is that a Trump Wall is fail...

now Mexicans will even more dig and i bet in this moment they already have diggers that work full time to avoid wall reallity.

American-Mexican border will looks like Swiss cheese with all tunels inside self...,from Tijuana to San Diego is a peace of cake anyway :biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This shall not be a pro or contra Trump thread! I as a german ask myself, is it posible to build a wall of 3000 miles or something? In Germany we had a wall of maybe 700 Kilometers between east and west Germany but I cant imagine that the US can guard the whole thousends of miles? He just said in his newest press conference, that he will build the wall.

What do you think, is it possible?

Just saw this thread...

I'm curious... How long is the Great Wall along the Northern China border?

Pretty sure if a bunch of slaves can build a wall by hand that a bunch of well equipped steel & stone workers could get it done even faster.

FireIn.TheSky

Hello gypsy,

I admit I used foul language to reply to a personal attack and I feel your edit of my post was justified.

However you should give Neverforget420 a pee pee spanking too.

Sorry I "liked" your post by accident. Your post screams witless insecure jackass. You sound like the draft dodging, non tax payen, pussy grabben, daughter dating, non stop lying, cowardly racist lout that is PEOTUS.

If ignorant pea brains didn't reply to everything like this then there would be no need for colorful language.

A debate is all well and good but when you are dealing with the lowest common denominators sometimes it's easy to stoop to the low level.

If a person wants to be treated with respect in a conversation they themselves should conduct themselves in a respectful mannor.

It is the typical liberal procedure in the US to just fire off at the hip with ignorant nonsense, as displayed by AlwaysForget420

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I thought about all great walls, chinese, roman, korean and german and the wall which Cages King Kong. :biggrin:
For sure, it´s possible but at last,:

;-) There is a wonderfull song about walls

The Style Council - Walls came tumbling down

Walls Come Tumbling Down!
You don't have to take this crap
You don't have to sit back and relax
(You can actually try changing it)

I know we've always been taught to rely
Upon those in authority
But you never know until you try
How things just might be
(If we came together so strongly, yeah)

Are you gonna try to make this work
Or spend your days down in the dirt
You see things can change
Yes an' walls come tumbling down

(Governments crack and systems fall
'Cause unity is powerful)
Lights go out
Walls come tumbling down

Yes, they do
(Yes, they do)
Yes, they do
(Yes, they do)

The competition is a color TV
We're on still pause with the video machine
(That keep you slaves to the H.P.)

Until the unity is threatend by
Those who have and who have not
Those who are with and those who are without
And dangle jobs like a donkey's carrot
(Until you don't know where you are)

Are you gonna get to realize
The class war's real, not mythologized
And like Jericho

Yes, the walls came tumbling down

(Governments crack and systems fall)
('Cause unity is powerful)
Lights go out
Walls come tumbling

(Down) You'll be too weak to fight it
(Down)?
(Down) Oh, will you deny it

Are you gonna be threatend by
The public enemies number ten
Those who play the power game
They take the profits, you take the blame
(When they tell you there's no rise in pay)

Are you gonna try to make this work
Or spend your days down in the dirt
You see things can change
Walls come tumbling down

Lights go out
Walls come tumbling down

(Governments crack and systems fall) Yes, they do
Lights go out
Walls come tumbling down

Lights go out
Walls come tumbling down

Oh, lights go out
Walls come tumbling down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5HfOipwvts

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hello gypsy,

I admit I used foul language to reply to a personal attack and I feel your edit of my post was justified.

If ignorant pea brains didn't reply to everything like this then there would be no need for colorful language.

A debate is all well and good but when you are dealing with the lowest common denominators sometimes it's easy to stoop to the low level.

If a person wants to be treated with respect in a conversation they themselves should conduct themselves in a respectful mannor.

It is the typical liberal procedure in the US to just fire off at the hip with ignorant nonsense, as displayed by AlwaysForget420

you didnt really get it imo, even now you are being insulting instead of arguing your actual point. so you are doing what you claim liberals are doing, sure you are not the only one, but you are the one that is still doing it when everyone else in the thread moved on to actual debate. as for the post you quoted, it was definitely also inappropriate. but trying to work out where this started between you guys is like trying to work out the old who was first chicken or egg question. pointless.

brown_thumb

This shall not be a pro or contra Trump thread! I as a german ask myself, is it posible to build a wall of 3000 miles or something? In Germany we had a wall of maybe 700 Kilometers between east and west Germany but I cant imagine that the US can guard the whole thousends of miles? He just said in his newest press conference, that he will build the wall.

What do you think, is it possible?

Trump is insane and, therefore, completely illogical.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Maybe you should take the HIGH ground man, and not retaliate with such insults because then it isolates the person that attacked you, and shows them up to be uncivil in the company of other gentlemen/women, as we have on this thread.

As my long deceased Mum used to say 'Two wrongs, don't make a right'

I have no need of 'colourful language' to combat someone who is behaving ridiculously, and can quite easily handle it without spouting spurious accusations of a sexual nature, and mundane expletives.

Talking politics always seems to bring the worst out in some people.

Hello gypsy,

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Today I found some numbers in my newspaper. Sorry it is in european size. It shall be a real wall for 3200 Kilometers, up to 15 meters high. They need for this wall 9,7 Million cubic meter concrete and 2,3 Million tons of steel said the MIT. MIT thinks it cost rounabout 40 Billion Dollars.

:tiphat:

BudToaster

Veteran
sweet deal for China steel mills, eh? aircraft carrier is only 60,000 tons - we're getting another one of them, too. Soon it will be an even dozen.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
2.300,000 divided by 60,000 = 38.3333333

So this walls steel needs would be equivalent to around 38 and a third Aircraft Carriers.

Might be good if the steel was made in the US, so rejuvenating the US steel industry:

'The U.S. military uses steel extensively, ranging from aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines to missiles, armor plate for tanks and every major military aircraft in production. There are a lot of reasons to take pride in American steel.

But today, our steel industry is being hurt by an unprecedented surge in unfairly traded imports, with record amounts of foreign-produced steel flooding into the United States. Cheap, subsidized foreign imports are taking steel jobs away.

In 2015, almost one in three tons of steel sold in the United States was produced outside the country. The import crisis is now beginning to get the national attention it deserves. The crisis has become the topic of presidential debates, candidate interviews and stump speeches. And it's about time.

Steel supports hundreds of thousands of American jobs. But because of these unfairly traded imports, many American steel producers have had to make difficult decisions affecting steelmaking communities. Steel companies have closed down major facilities, or reduced production at those plants, resulting in devastating layoffs and job losses for many families who have made steel for generations. More than 12,000 steel jobs have been lost in the past year, as imports took a record 29% of the U.S. market.'

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/23/opinions/american-steel-industry-gibson-schmitt/

eskimo

Veteran
walls did newer realy workt .... not even north koreas at time works
people need someone to blame thats all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.