What's new

Trump threatens medical cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Electoral college is very important in,a diverse nation like America. Without the electoral college, the only votes that would matter would be those in the states with large population the country would largely be ruled by California and New York. This is why we have 2 seats per state in the Senate. It assures that states with smaller population have a say in the way they are governed. Equal representation may not seem important to those who are in control of the masses, but if you look at it objectively, no one group should have absolute power.

You might find this illuminating-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wC42HgLA4k

Another interesting aspect of it all is that the electoral college really was designed so that cooler heads could prevail over transitive electoral passions. It was intended to be a deliberative body rather than a rubber stamp, something it obviously failed to be in 2016. Trump's win is an astounding perversion of the entire system-

https://www.amon-hen.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TMW2016-12-07color.png

Adopting the national popular vote compact would at least grant the winner the legitimacy of winning the popular vote-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

packerfan79

Veteran
america is not that diverse. they have you labeled either conservative or liberal. next election you will be labeled the same and the one after and the one after so on so forth. accepting the label is accepting your fate which is pay your taxes birth to death and prentend you have any freedom of choice. farming 101

either don trump or hill clinton are just peachy choices. who could argue two old farts way past their prime leading the charge. beautiful america.

whoops sorry you guys are being serious about adult political discussions.

That's not really true. I know more independents than dems or repubs. The last few elections have been extremely polarizing, not typical if you look at the history of the country.

I don't specifically mean politically diverse, more culturally diverse. Politics is just a way to control and divide people based on money, color, religion, and culture. 30 years ago this would not have been tolerated. Most countries, such as Norway are 98% white virtually no diversity. Diversity should unite us not divide us.Americans in the south for example are drastically different from say California. Go to most big cities you have little Italy, German town, little siagan etc. pockets of population that are very close to the home countries yet still American. People forget we are a melting pot founded on immigration. Please don't twist immigration to mean illegal immigration.

We would be a much happier people if we considered things from others people's eyes. And stopped listening to pundits and politicians, and celebrities, who have their own agendas and listened to our neighbors

Ready4

Veteran
Electoral college is very important in,a diverse nation like America. Without the electoral college, the only votes that would matter would be those in the states with large population the country would largely be ruled by California and New York. This is why we have 2 seats per state in the Senate. It assures that states with smaller population have a say in the way they are governed. Equal representation may not seem important to those who are in control of the masses, but if you look at it objectively, no one group should have absolute power.

You really missed the point once again. And you need to research other States populations to learn something about how our population is distributed, Florida, Texas, etc also have very large populations. Saying "New York, California would rule" is just repeating tired inaccurate rhetoric.
Also... in the current system, the largest cities in every State often determine the outcome of their State's electoral college votes, simply due to the number of voters living in the large cities.
Our founding fathers most certainly did not anticipate somebody losing by 2.9 million votes and taking office...

packerfan79

Veteran
You really missed the point once again. And you need to research other States populations to learn something about how our population is distributed, Florida, Texas, etc also have very large populations. Saying "New York, California would rule" is just repeating tired inaccurate rhetoric.
Also... in the current system, the largest cities in every State often determine the outcome of their State's electoral college votes, simply due to the number of voters living in the large cities.
Our founding fathers most certainly did not anticipate somebody losing by 2.9 million votes and taking office...

Florida and Texas are examples true, but I am speaking more of places like Nebraska, Kansas, Montana, places which have miniscule population comparably. Not everything has to be a fight Ready 4 chill out guy. Mabey you just need better weed, hit me up I got you:tiphat: just kidding don't want to violate TOU.as far as 2.9 million. California went over by 2 million plus, so you should be happy my vote didn't matter at all.

Again no man or group should have absolute power. Absolute power corrupts Absolutely.

That's not really true. I know more independents than dems or repubs. The last few elections have been extremely polarizing, not typical if you look at the history of the country.

I don't specifically mean politically diverse, more culturally diverse. Politics is just a way to control and divide people based on money, color, religion, and culture. 30 years ago this would not have been tolerated. Most countries, such as Norway are 98% white virtually no diversity. Diversity should unite us not divide us.Americans in the south for example are drastically different from say California. Go to most big cities you have little Italy, German town, little siagan etc. pockets of population that are very close to the home countries yet still American. People forget we are a melting pot founded on immigration. Please don't twist immigration to mean illegal immigration.

We would be a much happier people if we considered things from others people's eyes. And stopped listening to pundits and politicians, and celebrities, who have their own agendas and listened to our neighbors

and yet every election ends with a democrat or a republican. liberal or conservative label. same same independent voters is just lip service. gives people a moral out and it is still just a label. "not my fault i'm an independent"

independent is a funny term as the public is anything but. they should be embarrassed by such thoughts.

america is a great land not a great nation of people. as a people they are in slumberland. it never gets old to them. they will fight you over it. eat their own to perpetuate their slumberland.

don't understand how anyone beyond 12 yrs of age can take it serious. guess that's the age when learning stops. harsh as that sounds.

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
If people think that America is such a terrible place their are other options. If you just want to turn America into Europe, just go to Europe. Again you don't have to attack what you disagree with, it's called an open mind try it sometime .I am not going to let this ruin my weekend, hope you all have a great weekend

If people think that America is such a terrible place their are other options. If you just want to turn America into Europe, just go to Europe. Again you don't have to attack what you disagree with, it's called an open mind try it sometime .I am not going to let this ruin my weekend, hope you all have a great weekend

attack? not at all. put away that american nationalism as you are close to stereotyping yourself and solidifying my point. i've read many of your posts. open minded is not something i would label you with. you continue to follow other's guidelines. be at peace

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
attack? not at all. put away that american nationalism as you are close to stereotyping yourself and solidifying my point. i've read many of your posts. open minded is not something i would label you with. you continue to follow other's guidelines. be at peace

That'd because in your opinion your belifes are better, or more important than mine, the definition of closedminded. I live by what I belive but I don't discount what you want to do with your life as long as you are not taking from someone else, or forcing your belifes on others.

Have a great weekend, time for me to get muddy in my veggie garden, no mo gmo for my family.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
fool on the hill

dagobert-duck-lehnt-grimmig-auf-seinem-gehstock.png

Gry

Veteran
the very finest integrity corporate money could buy...

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya I'm getting tired of hearing independent green libertarian and any other parties
It would be great if we could get another party into the pro's but that won't happen anytime soon
Til it does it's just a cop out
We are stuck
I believe our recovery from this administration will be quicker than people think. We are a resourceful nation

Ya I'm getting tired of hearing independent green libertarian and any other parties
It would be great if we could get another party into the pro's but that won't happen anytime soon
Til it does it's just a cop out
We are stuck
I believe our recovery from this administration will be quicker than people think. We are a resourceful nation

Last edited:

Ready4

Veteran
And there he is is today, the Orange Clown Con man, tweeting with the most senseless bs once again. Instead of offering condolences to the UK & London -like any competent & intelligent leader would do, The orange Clown Con man tweets totally idiotic criticism of "PC" etc of the UK & London, all an idiotic attempt to drum up support for his failed & dead Muslim travel ban. To call Trump a pile of shit would be a compliment, he is nowhere that good.
Dear UK & London, Please accept the apology from the decent & intelligent citizens of the USA for the totally idiotic actions of our non-leader today, condolences for the lost lives & injured citizens of your country. Be strong & vigilant. Please do not share any information with Trump or cooperate with him in any way. The sooner he is removed from office, the safer the World is.

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
And there he is is today, the Orange Clown Con man, tweeting with the most senseless bs once again. Instead of offering condolences to the UK & London -like any competent & intelligent leader would do, The orange Clown Con man tweets totally idiotic criticism of "PC" etc of the UK & London, all an idiotic attempt to drum up support for his failed & dead Muslim travel ban. To call Trump a pile of shit would be a compliment, he is nowhere that good.
Dear UK & London, Please accept the apology from the decent & intelligent citizens of the USA for the totally idiotic actions of our non-leader today, condolences for teh lost lives & injured citizens of your country. Be strong & vigilant. Please do not share any information with Trump or cooperate with him in any way. The sooner he is removed from office, the safer the World is.

Good to know where your loyalties are

Ready4

Veteran
Good to know where your loyalties are
Once again, you are simply incapable of any basic understanding of the issue or comprehending anything.

You are incapable of criticizing Trump for any of his horrible statements or horrible actions, you have offered zero criticism, ever.

This gives you zero credibility and just means you are a cheerleader on the sidelines, not keeping score of the results of the game.

topheavy420

Dear UK & London, Please accept the apology from the decent & intelligent citizens of the USA for the totally idiotic actions of our non-leader today, condolences for teh lost lives & injured citizens of your country. Be strong & vigilant. Please do not share any information with Trump or cooperate with him in any way. The sooner he is removed from office, the safer the World is.

Ahhh the glory of trumps tweets! The ironic part is you practical quoted him with "be strong and vigilant". Don't you worry ready4 the travel ban will go to scotus and will be implemented. Keep telling yourself the UK would want to hear your pathetic words, they voted for brexit, no more forced I migration and against globalism. To them and half of the US you are an embarrassing loud mouth...just like the man you hate soo much.

packerfan79

Veteran
Once again, you are simply incapable of any basic understanding of the issue or comprehending anything.

You are incapable of criticizing Trump for any of his horrible statements or horrible actions, you have offered zero criticism, ever.

This gives you zero credibility and just means you are a cheerleader on the sidelines, not keeping score of the results of the game.

So more terrorism makes the world safer. We should just hug it out with those who wish to kill us. You can't put together even the most basic argument for your position.

Explain how condemnation of terrorism is going to make the world less safe.

If you want to buddy up with terrorists Pakistan has no problem taking you in. You will get your 15 minutes of fame, when you are beheaded. Since you think they are the victims. Condemn terrorism, for once.

By the way seeking to protect innocent people isn't in anyway a horrible act. Unless you are a terrorist.

To them and half of the US you are an embarrassing loud mouth...just like the man you hate soo much.

you mean less than half, actually 46%.

heres donalds tweet to the mayor of london:

At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!"

talk about rubbing salt into a wound. can you imagine if the mayor of london tweeted that after 9/11?

hes using this to push an agenda

packerfan79

Veteran

At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is "no reason to be alarmed!"

talk about rubbing salt into a wound. can you imagine if the mayor of london tweeted that after 9/11?

So Trump is to blame for what the mayor of London says, yeah that makes sense. What world do you guys live in?

How many innocent lives have to be lost before you care about the victims as much as the terrorists?.

Who thinks saving innocent lives is an agenda? Preventing terrorism is everyone's responsibility.

topheavy420

Once you subtract the fraudulent votes it's about even.

Yeah that's ONE tweet, to the fool that's tells londonistan to just get used to terrorism.

Forced immigration hasn't worked so well for europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts