What's new

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
If a governmental structure changes significantly, then the original or previous 'empire' or government is no more, for all intents and purposes.

Yes, Truman coined the phrase, but who between he and Carter truly took responsibility, openly, in front of the public, at the national podium, in a nationwide statement??

We've had a long run of personality-disordered lizards, 'chameleons for the cameras', who manage to obtain stardom by pretense, disingenuous slogans, bumper-sticker level comments, and nationalist hubris.

That combination in current circumstances could literally spell our literal end at any time. We have right wing death squads in the Country right now, talking trash, and trash talk has a way of escalating into doing, as we can see in numerous incidents, including the guy with the baseball bat.

And on the global scale, at the moment, I don't think Putin or China are fucking around in their rhetoric.

We've accustomed to a lot of saber-rattling these days where other superpowers are concerned. They're not rattling so much. and their supersonic hardware is pretty impressive.

We're imploding socially on a domestic level and standing on the brink on an/the international level, and many folks are still looking to which movie or sitcom to watch, rather than getting involved with sane, outcome-oriented discussions.

Meanwhile, Trump's following online seems to be finding a second or third (or fourth) wind.

None of that looks a lot like the America I was raised in. We had issues, the Cuba missile crisis, racial integration versus segregation, Watergate, the Pentagon papers/Gulf of Tonkin, SE Asia, etc., but not like this shit. We've arrived at partisan looney-ville.
Like I said we see largely eye to eye, most of what you said i agree with there were just two points you made that I would argue with because you're expressing your personal take hereas everything else you pointed to actual factual things that are varifiable. The first thing i would argue is who says that just because a government structure changes significant it's for all intents and purposes no more? You're entitled to believe that personally and depending on how that change happens i might agree with you but I wouldn't hold that out as evidence that the empire died. Some times things just change because the od way of doing this s no longer practical or reasonable in a more modern age. Like Britian for example they were all about imperialism and conquest to expand the size of their Empire, until like previous empires the size they achieved became unsustainable. They could have kept on doing things the way they always had and most likely they would have eventually failed like other Empires that went that route. I would argue they realized that and decide it was more important for them to continue on and so they gave up on that aspect of their empire. They're still the British Empire but just a different Empire. Now in the case of the US many would say that we're headed for becoming a Facist Country and if the right peopole gain power that might happen sooner then anyone might want to believe, in that case, if that happened i would agree that the former USA has died and is no more because it would be just too much of a departure from all that we once stood for and believed in. The people that might bring that about would likely see themselves as patriots but i would say the people who would fight to prevent that from ever happening are the true Patriots.

The other point i would still argue is the one about Presidents that embraced the idea of "The buck stops here." You moved the goal posts a bit on that one though, this time around you added the condition of making a nationa statement to that effect. I can't recall for sure if anyone else made that statement since Truman but i would argue that several presidents behaved that way, usualy while being blamed for something that was dropped in their lap by the previous President. In that scenario i would say it's fair for the President to point out they inherited the problm from the previous administration as long as they took ownership of being responsible to do something about it and went on to do something about it. Much like Obama did with the failed economy Bush Jr. handed him. So even though he might not have uttered the famous Truman saying in a nationwide address I would say he lived up to the spirit of it.

audiohi

Veteran
Trump lost another lawyer. I wonder why

irjom4mv9l0b1.jpg

moose eater

Trump lost another lawyer. I wonder why

irjom4mv9l0b1.jpg
My understanding is, and maybe I'm being redundant here, that he's now a target for the feds involving illegal activity, at least involving the classified documents. And maybe the Georgia fake electors too?

Working for Mr. Trump, whether as an attendant, coat check person, or busboy at Maralago, or as an attorney, has serious risks, apparently. And not just the legal risks. There's always the chance the employee will be putting their nuts at risk, AND not getting paid for doing so.

All with a 75% chance of being thrown under the bus for doing so in the end, based on past performance.

McDonalds up here is starting at $15 and hour, and though a shitty job, I'd say that short of getting seriously burned by the deep-fryer, or pissed off at a rude customer, it's a lot safer, and probably more rewarding in the long-run.

Hell, even Walmart in town had signs up for cashiers the other day with wages starting at $20/hour. And you know straight out of the gate that they'll throw you under the bus. No anxiety or hollow misplaced trust or beliefs waiting for the other shoe to drop.

audiohi

Veteran

Georgia Prosecutor Signals August Timetable for Charges in Trump Inquiry​

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-prosecutor-signals-august-timetable-121532057.html

The Georgia prosecutor leading an investigation into former President Donald Trump and his allies has taken the unusual step of announcing remote work days for most of her staff during the first three weeks of August, asking judges in a downtown Atlanta courthouse not to schedule trials for part of that time as she prepares to bring charges in the inquiry.

“Thank you for your consideration and assistance in keeping the Fulton County Judicial Complex safe during this time,” wrote Willis, who has already asked the FBI to help with security in and around the courthouse.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of those lawyers are part of the probe into those documents.. Some of them signed a legal doc that Trump had no more to turn over. As we all know he had 16 boxes..

I'm starting to think Trump and his supporters are all in trying to take down or seriously change the USA to a fascist rule. Nothing they do makes any sense other than that.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I agree. He probably sucked allot of top people into his 1-6 coup and they are afraid of going down with him. Coup-2 is their only chance to stay free.

Somebody is going to be the fall guy for the TS documents and they are starting to squirm. Chump is ass deep in culpability for that one bc he took those documents for a reason and also lied about it, only to later confess publicly.

moose eater

Some of those lawyers are part of the probe into those documents.. Some of them signed a legal doc that Trump had no more to turn over. As we all know he had 16 boxes..

I'm starting to think Trump and his supporters are all in trying to take down or seriously change the USA to a fascist rule. Nothing they do makes any sense other than that.
Some not only signed what is believed to have been perjured documentation, knowingly, involving the Maralago classified documents, but were also, in some cases possibly intermediaries or go-betweens in lining out and 'designing' the scheme(s) for the fake electors in Georgia and elsewhere on (theoretically) behalf of the Trumpkin himself..

Wouldn't want to be them at all. If found guilty of such issues in such a high-profile, serious case, the probability is that, if prosecuted or processed, despite alleged offerings of immunity to some players, they might not even be able to work again as paralegals.

Imagine F. Lee Bailey asking if you want fries with your burger or trying to sell you a used Chevy.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i'm interested in the security camera footage allegedly "missing" from when The Chump allegedly had minions moving boxes of documents at Mar a Lago AFTER hearing there was a subpoena for them. i thought Rose Mary Woods had retired by now. was she working for Chumply ? i thought she died about 8 years ago ?