What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

Cannavore

Veteran
What exactly has Trump said, that he hasn't followed through on? Keep in mind, he is less than two years in. Compared to Obama, Trump is knocking out campaign promises.

Oooh i just woke up. Cant wait to respond to this one lol

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Don't think that anything proposed by Chuck Schumer will get traction from anyone on the republican side. Maybe a couple moderates the most. Bernie was the only one who had the rocks to put legal pot in his campaign platform. Dems are claiming it now for future use.

igrowone

Veteran
Don't think that anything proposed by Chuck Schumer will get traction from anyone on the republican side. Maybe a couple moderates the most. Bernie was the only one who had the rocks to put legal pot in his campaign platform. Dems are claiming it now for future use.

that's my feeling too
a political move, push it in trump/repubs faces, try to get some points
sigh, if only it was real

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
that's my feeling too
a political move, push it in trump/repubs faces, try to get some points
sigh, if only it was real

Yup, When they are desperate after trump fallout they'll run to pot for votes. The dems will be only too happy to point out that they had their chance and they opposed it. Thus, another nail in the coffin.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy, you really should allow ONE mod that has ONE conservative bone in their body. It would really help things around here........:tiphat:

I wouldn't know a conservative or liberal bone, even if I saw one.

No Mods on this forum have ever identified to me whether or not they are 'Lefties' or 'Righty's'......because really none of us seem to care about all that division bollocks. In fact hardly any of us even care about politics and what sort of puppet president you might have in the USA, or puppet prime minister we have in the UK at any given time in history...

I can see that many members are kinda passionate anti-Trumpsters, and I can see a few are passionate pro-Trumpsters, and they all want to talk about it and give their 2 cents on any issue around the topic.....so I allow a couple of politically charged threads in the Tokers Den because it is good to communicate and debate topics that are of interest to the membership, and I also find it interesting to participate...

....If I was POTUS then my primary motive would be to make cannabis as legal to grow as cucumbers.....and I would get on it and force it thru in any way I could....

I would pardon and release all cannabis prisoners and generously compensate them financially for what they have been thru, and help them all get set up with their own grows, and I would publicly broadcast the truth that millions of innocent people have been murdered/tortured/incarcerated and had their lives ruined thru 80+ years of cannabis prohibition, call it The Cannabis Holocaust and shame anyone that caused and propergated this Cannabis Holocaust in the past and in the present.

....so if you want me to ever become pro-Trump, then that is what he has to do.

EasyGoing

I wouldn't know a conservative or liberal bone, even if I saw one.

No Mods on this forum have ever identified to me whether or not they are 'Lefties' or 'Righty's'......because really none of us seem to care about all that division bollocks. In fact hardly any of us even care about politics and what sort of puppet president you might have in the USA, or puppet prime minister we have in the UK at any given time in history...

I can see that many members are kinda passionate anti-Trumpsters, and I can see a few are passionate pro-Trumpsters, and they all want to talk about it and give their 2 cents on any issue around the topic.....so I allow a couple of politically charged threads in the Tokers Den because it is good to communicate and debate topics that are of interest to the membership, and I also find it interesting to participate...

....If I was POTUS then my primary motive would be to make cannabis as legal to grow as cucumbers.....and I would get on it and force it thru in any way I could....

I would pardon and release all cannabis prisoners and generously compensate them financially for what they have been thru, and help them all get set up with their own grows, and I would publicly broadcast the truth that millions of innocent people have been murdered/tortured/incarcerated and had their lives ruined thru 80+ years of cannabis prohibition, call it The Cannabis Holocaust and shame anyone that caused and propergated this Cannabis Holocaust in the past and in the present.

....so if you want me to ever become pro-Trump, then that is what he has to do.

really?

Whatever.

How about you let me moderate things for a while then?

Edit: what in the world makes you think I want you to become pro trump? That is pure crazy talk man.

Last edited:

EasyGoing

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran

The 2016 Democratic Party platform endorsed removing cannabis from schedule 1 & providing a pathway to legalization. This is a new departure for Schumer but obviously not for Libs in general. There's no reason to believe that his efforts are insincere.

Being an old hippie from the 60's it's quite odd to me that any younger stoners identify as conservative. I don't get it. Conservatives have been breaking stoner balls from Nixon forward and... you're with them? Really?

EasyGoing

It's quite remarkable how Trump fans believe things that aren't true. When Sessions asked Congress to remove protections for MMJ, Trump said nothing. When Sessions rescinded the Cole memo, Trump said nothing. Only when Gardner held Trump's DOJ nominees hostage did Trump assure him that the DOJ would not interfere with legalized cannabis in CO.

When I pointed out how Trump could actively support legalization by sending a proposal to Congress the OP insulted me. When I substantiated that with a link to the White House he ignored it.

As the OP points out, facts are facts. It's unfortunate that he chooses to ignore them in favor of unfounded beliefs.

There are concrete proposals in the works, however-

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...er-introduces-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana

It seems unlikely that our GOP Congress will act on it but one can hope.

You are missing the point, and fail to understand what makes government move.

Trump allowed the cole memo to be revoked in order to put the issue front and center for Congress. What you claim as facts, are purely not being able to see the next move on the chess board.

EasyGoing

The 2016 Democratic Party platform endorsed removing cannabis from schedule 1 & providing a pathway to legalization. This is a new departure for Schumer but obviously not for Libs in general. There's no reason to believe that his efforts are insincere.

Being an old hippie from the 60's it's quite odd to me that any younger stoners identify as conservative. I don't get it. Conservatives have been breaking stoner balls from Nixon forward and... you're with them? Really?

Most people don't have cannabis as their number one political view.... that could be why......

Those democrats sure talk a big game, but NEVER DID A THING FOR LEGALIZING CANNABIS. Obamer was a dud, all talk no game.

The real question is, why do stoners like the democratic party, when they pull you along with lies?

EasyGoing

You're spewing worthless propaganda and now you're crying because the reality check comes your way on what people think of trump. Wear the hat and take the flak.

Kindly leave the thread, you are not welcome.

Starting a cannabis legalization thread on a cannabis site is not a trump loving thread. It's a cannabis loving thead. Please leave now. Your hate is not welcome.

igrowone

Veteran
Most people don't have cannabis as their number one political view.... that could be why......

Those democrats sure talk a big game, but NEVER DID A THING FOR LEGALIZING CANNABIS. Obamer was a dud, all talk no game.

The real question is, why do stoners like the democratic party, when they pull you along with lies?
the Cole memorandum was put in place during Obama's term(s)
until there's something better, there isn't

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
really?

Whatever.

How about you let me moderate things for a while then?

Those who ask to be moderators never get to be moderators generally.

If a Mod is needed then we will usually approach a member that has already been a Mentor and/or has shown how helpful they can be in the grow forums to other members.

You have only very recently joined this site, so have little if any history for us to evaluate what sort of a person you are.....and if you would make a good Mod or not...

EasyGoing

I have been on this site since the day it opened. I have had many top grows on your site for more than a decade. You know this....... unless you ignore everything I have said to you in the last 6 months

It's ok, say whatever makes you feel right about it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have been on this site since the day it opened. I have had many top grows on your site for more than a decade. You know this....... unless you ignore everything I have said to you in the last 6 months

It's ok, say whatever makes you feel right about it.

Well....I have no idea who you are or what you have ever done on this site....Mostly what I have heard from you is complaining about this 'Lefty' - 'Righty' thing...

So if you are EasyGoing now, who were you before?

.....maybe I can do some research on the matter?

EasyGoing

Sure. Bulldog. Bulldog11. FoothillFarmer are the ones off the top of my head.....

Just go back to the outdoor thread, look for the top thread per year. (did not make a thread last year due to mods banning for petty reasons) That's me. @hazybulldogfarms on IG

Jhhnn

Veteran
You are missing the point, and fail to understand what makes government move.

Trump allowed the cole memo to be revoked in order to put the issue front and center for Congress. What you claim as facts, are purely not being able to see the next move on the chess board.

You merely attribute motive independent of action & seem to think that Trump is necessarily playing some sort of 4-D chess in order to legalize cannabis when he merely led us right back to where it started before his hand picked AG started raving about it. That's it. That's what he's done.

It's been like a spook house ride at a carnival.

Latest posts

Latest posts