What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

Jhhnn

Veteran
So you think laws are passed by the president giving bills to congress......

GO BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump is actively trying to legalize cannabis by resending the cole memo, putting the issue front and center so CONGRESS (!!!!!) can write a bill and the PRESIDENT (!!!!!!) will sign it.

Did nobody take civics? Bunch of retarded stoners with zero clue. Diarrhea of the mouth.........

Not really-

The first step in the legislative process is the introduction of a bill to Congress. Anyone can write it, but only members of Congress can introduce legislation. Some important bills are traditionally introduced at the request of the President, such as the annual federal budget. During the legislative process, however, the initial bill can undergo drastic changes.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/the-legislative-branch/

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Before you start celebrating about what Trump needs to do.......lets see him actually do it.

.....and if he does, and makes cannabis cultivation legal for any adult to engage in, without licences and state/government interference in what you do with it in your own home, and pardons anyone accused or convicted of a cannabis crime...... then I will happily sing his praises.

BECAUSE ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!.....AND IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN MADE ILLEGAL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

dddaver

Veteran
Still sipping on that kool-aide I see. I really don't understand why anyone would ever believe anything that self-aggrandizing idiot, who just repeatedly has said whatever the he thinks the audience in front of him, at that moment, might want to hear, then changes it completely the next day. Just look at DACA.

Actively? My ass. But then I always believe whatever any shopped-up MEME says/

EasyGoing

Still sipping on that kool-aide I see. I really don't understand why anyone would ever believe anything that self-aggrandizing idiot, who just repeatedly has said whatever the he thinks the audience in front of him, at that moment, might want to hear, then changes it completely the next day. Just look at DACA.

Actively? My ass. But then I always believe whatever any shopped-up MEME says/

Just negative to be negative again with insults to boot. You are vile.

You will understand, once cannabis becomes legal........

What exactly has Trump said, that he hasn't followed through on? Keep in mind, he is less than two years in. Compared to Obama, Trump is knocking out campaign promises.

EasyGoing

Before you start celebrating about what Trump needs to do.......lets see him actually do it.

.....and if he does, and makes cannabis cultivation legal for any adult to engage in, without licences and state/government interference in what you do with it in your own home, and pardons anyone accused or convicted of a cannabis crime...... then I will happily sing his praises.

BECAUSE ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!.....AND IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN MADE ILLEGAL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Yea, that wont happen. He will recognize state rights, in the next 18 months. Most likely much sooner, but the process will take time.

Right now I am trying to barrow money. I have to borrow at 18% paid back over 3-5 years. In other words, you will double what you borrow. If Trump recognizes state rights, I can pull money out of my house at 3% over 30 years. That would make a huge difference overnight for me. So keep an open mind, any progress is worth celebrating. Even if it doesn't bring you home. Make no mistake though, in order to get you home, many laws will have to be overturned. Progress is progress.

EsterEssence

Veteran
It hurts my brain listening to the mindless, uneducated Trump haters. I wonder if they hear just how rediculous they sound..........

It's crazy how uneducated people are in this very thread. Actually makes me sad, cause I was hoping for a good conversation about cannabis, and federal legalization. However some are too blind with their hate to have a factual conversation.

This thread kind of reminds me of the Crypto thread. Everybody is poo pooing crypto in the crypto thread. Everybody tells me I am stupid for investing, yet my bank account tells a different story. Trump is going to legalize cannabis, and everybody in the Trump is legalizing cannabis thread is poo pooing it. Mods better keep this thread up for historical records, cause its going to be hard getting the yolk off the poo poo'ers faces.

You sure seem like an angry person to have a name like easy going, name calling telling people they are uneducated. Have some more kool aid...

EasyGoing

You sure seem like an angry person to have a name like easy going, name calling telling people they are uneducated. Have some more kool aid...

I think you need to read the hate coming from those mindless Trump haters. Facts are facts. Read the thread, you will understand. I started a thread celebrating cannabis legalization and the mindless haters spewed endless off topic hate.

It's really going to hurt when Trump does legalize cannabis, for all the Trump haters. It will be like snowflakes melting in July. :tiphat: I assume that will be many in this thread. Prepare, it's coming.

For the record, I didn't tell anybody they were uneducated. I said the mindless trump haters are uneducated. Unlike the hundreds of insults throw directly at me, like the insult you threw at me directly. Did it make you feel better?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

EasyGoing

Off topic. Second on this page. Please stop with the off topic posts. I know all the people that dislike Trump want to derail the thread, and make it about polotics. Stop. This is about Trump legalizing cannabis, not the mid terms, not people throwing out Trump supporters. Either stay on topic, or leave.

EasyGoing

Gypsy, you really should allow ONE mod that has ONE conservative bone in their body. It would really help things around here........:tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You're spewing worthless propaganda and now you're crying because the reality check comes your way on what people think of trump. Wear the hat and take the flak.

Jhhnn

Veteran
It's quite remarkable how Trump fans believe things that aren't true. When Sessions asked Congress to remove protections for MMJ, Trump said nothing. When Sessions rescinded the Cole memo, Trump said nothing. Only when Gardner held Trump's DOJ nominees hostage did Trump assure him that the DOJ would not interfere with legalized cannabis in CO.

When I pointed out how Trump could actively support legalization by sending a proposal to Congress the OP insulted me. When I substantiated that with a link to the White House he ignored it.

As the OP points out, facts are facts. It's unfortunate that he chooses to ignore them in favor of unfounded beliefs.

There are concrete proposals in the works, however-

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...er-introduces-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana

It seems unlikely that our GOP Congress will act on it but one can hope.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer introduced legislation Friday that would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level and establish “dedicated funding streams” for women and minority businesses to grow and distribute the drug.

“The time has come to decriminalize marijuana,” Schumer, D-N.Y., said in a statement. “My thinking, as well as the general population’s views on the issue has evolved, and so I believe there’s no better time than the present to get this done. It’s simply the right thing to do.”
Schumer’s legislation would maintain laws that prevent trafficking of marijuana across state lines in cases where the drug is legal in one state but not in a neighboring state.

It would also call for dedicated funding for “highway safety research,” to “assess the pitfalls of driving under the influence of THC,” and to develop impairment testing for drugged drivers.

The bill would also call for funding research into the health effects of using marijuana as well as whether it is effective for treating medical ailments.
Schumer’s endorsement of marijuana follows Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s decision to bring up legislation that would legalize hemp, which is grown for industrial use and does not contain THC.

McConnell, R-Ky., plans a vote on the measure in the coming weeks.
Kentucky is one of the country’s top producers of hemp.

Also on Friday, D.C.’s nonvoting delegate, Democrat Eleanor Holmes Norton, said she will introduced a bill and file an amendment to the House fiscal year 2019 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development appropriations bill that would legalize use of medical marijuana in public housing, as long as medical marijuana is legal in the state. The bill would permit the use of medical marijuana in federally-assisted housing, including public housing and the Section 8 housing program.
Norton plans to speak at the third annual National Cannabis Festival in Washington on Saturday.

Norton pointed to polls showing 90 percent support for legalizing medical marijuana.
“Individuals living in federally funded public housing who are prescribed legal, medical marijuana should not fear eviction for simply treating their medical conditions,” Norton said. “Our legislation should attract bipartisan support because it also protects states’ rights.”

*link in previous post...^^^ above.