What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump can't do much to stop weed legalization at this point.

Another benefit to the cannabis cause is the amount of good information that is available to the public regarding the benefits of cannabis and sensible drug policy. It's harder to orchestrate a Reagan era anti drug media campaign due to media becoming more dispersed. People have a lot more choices of where to get their information. This of course has a few downfalls, but for the most part I think its a good thing.

bigAl25

Veteran
Dear Hash Zeppelin, I am proud of my part in the two decades of civil disobedience and all the rest of you here. I will remain a medical and recreational advocate with my voice, funds and social media. We must win on this issue before my social security funds run out.

Bob Green

There has been active civil disobedience from the second the herb was declared illegal long before just about anyone currently smoking was even alive.

Shit I was arrested for a damn pipe in Washington state over two decades ago.

California has been legal for medicinal for over two decades.

Nevil was raided for sending seeds into America long before that.

Jack Herrer published The Emperor Wears No Clothes well over three decades ago.

Emory has his place but he is not a main factor in starting a movement. More of a supporter than a innovator.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There has been active civil disobedience from the second the herb was declared illegal long before just about anyone currently smoking was even alive.

Shit I was arrested for a damn pipe in Washington state over two decades ago.

California has been legal for medicinal for over two decades.

Nevil was raided for sending seeds into America long before that.

Jack Herrer published The Emperor Wears No Clothes well over three decades ago.

Emory has his place but he is not a main factor in starting a movement. More of a supporter than a innovator.

Well said.

All of you guys in fact have had really great posts. Ty for chiming in. Let's keep pushing along gentleman. We have a long way to go before we can rest.

:thank you::thank you::tiphat:

angelgoob

I've been emailing my representatives. One liked it.

The other said it was a gateway (his daughter used heroin after cannabis)

I replied with the National Institute on Drug Abuse stance.

Seriously a drug abuse website by the government states it isn't a gateway. lol

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Oh it's a gateway all right... a gateway to curiosity. Kids are told cannabis is evil and terrible, yet their experience with cannabis is not evil or terrible.

The gateway is thus... "Gee, cannabis wasn't so bad and they say the same things about heroin and cocaine. I wonder if they're lying about those drugs as well."

A gateway to truth seeking, yet only due to the lies told about it. Good job, Amuhrika.

brown_thumb

I'm an alcoholic. It's far more difficult to walk away from alcohol than it is from cannabis. I've never used any drug other than cannabis and alcohol. Neither drug has induced me to try anything more damaging. Alcohol is killing me. Cannabis is healing me.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have tried everything but fentanyl & ayahuasca. never used a needle, but used to smoke opium & snorted heroin. crack cocaine was a non-issue, never even got a buzz. only drug i ever had a problem with was the fake weed, Spice. when i realized i had a problem with it, i took the lid off of the jar & tossed the shit out into the back yard. have had several friends die from alcoholism related problems. imho, alcohol & tobacco are the real problems in this country. not downplaying our current pill/overdose problems here, it is horrific. but long-term, i think the other two will kill more over the years. i am hopeful that the tobacco problem seems to be lessening, fewer young folks smoking. my dream is that MORE folks substitute at least part of their recreational drinking with smoking good weed. "get high, don't die" :tiphat:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Oh it's a gateway all right... a gateway to curiosity. Kids are told cannabis is evil and terrible, yet their experience with cannabis is not evil or terrible.

The gateway is thus... "Gee, cannabis wasn't so bad and they say the same things about heroin and cocaine. I wonder if they're lying about those drugs as well."

A gateway to truth seeking, yet only due to the lies told about it. Good job, Amuhrika.

It's also about the social milieu of obtaining drugs. Dealers aren't necessarily particular about what they're selling so long as it's a money maker. Legalization changes the whole social context, sets cannabis in another realm entirely.

People like to get high, one way or another. It's part of who we are as a species. When cannabis is always available, lots of people will just stick with it. When it's not, they'll obviously try something else even if they know it's dangerous.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frankly, never, ever underestimate the sheer evil of the ever growing state.

I like how the feds have been busting dispensaries and giving growers a hard time for decades now - Trump hints at acting on existing laws and all of a sudden everyone starts flipping out.
Its pure idiocracy - like did everyone forget about the past ten years?

Jhhnn

Veteran
I like how the feds have been busting dispensaries and giving growers a hard time for decades now - Trump hints at acting on existing laws and all of a sudden everyone starts flipping out.
Its pure idiocracy - like did everyone forget about the past ten years?

The threat wasn't wrt MMJ but rather wrt retail cannabis. Sessions has to start there if he's to turn back the clock. MMJ has been mostly safe from the Feds since the Cole memo & the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment to DoJ funding. They'll still bust people who aren't in compliance with State law.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
For those who think it's too difficult now for them to uphold federal law... Remember that just before Obama and Holder reined back the operation, their enforcers had settled upon a very low key method. They didn't do messy raids anymore and round up a bunch of low level employees in front of the news cameras. The feds simply sent a letter to the property owner of any cannabis oriented facility, and informed them that their property was being used in the furtherance of a federal crime and would be confiscated if such business operations did not immediately cease. It got the attention of landlords and was very effective.

igrowone

Veteran
For those who think it's too difficult now for them to uphold federal law... Remember that just before Obama and Holder reined back the operation, their enforcers had settled upon a very low key method. They didn't do messy raids anymore and round up a bunch of low level employees in front of the news cameras. The feds simply sent a letter to the property owner of any cannabis oriented facility, and informed them that their property was being used in the furtherance of a federal crime and would be confiscated if such business operations did not immediately cease. It got the attention of landlords and was very effective.

some fine reporting there, these are the realistic possibilities, as opposed to other strange ideas that get posted
if that's the route they go, they will be hacking away at sizeable tax revenues, possibly the only thing worse than cannabis in government eyes
just hoping that the hopelessness of this part of the drug war becomes apparent to those who will not see

oldchuck

Veteran
The threat wasn't wrt MMJ but rather wrt retail cannabis. Sessions has to start there if he's to turn back the clock. MMJ has been mostly safe from the Feds since the Cole memo & the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment to DoJ funding. They'll still bust people who aren't in compliance with State law.

I think if I was Sessions and I was serious about weed. and Trump was too busy watching TV to give any orders, I would crack down on the states themselves, like your beloved Colorado, and start withholding federal money for non compliance with federal law.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Excellent point rabbit.

Yes the government did this, and it resulted in them hurting their own efforts to stop legalization in California. Harbor side, and Berkeley patients group have won their cases and created Court precedents protecting property owners. While some property owners may still be intimidated, many will not.

zoic

We have overgrown the federal government's power to effectively enforce marijuana laws. This was a 2 decade long, intentional act of civil disobedience, started by Marc Emery, and carried out by thousands of growers. It further proves that civil disobedience works, and that if the people don't like what the government does, then we can shut their agenda down with massive noncooperation.

Spot on, but consider for a moment that was Phase 1, and it was meaningful. I think they are somewhat numb to this now though. If 100,000 people can gather on 420 to openly defy the law and smoke cannabis without repercussion then we should think about stepping up our game. Too many people are clueless to the truth, and I have seen this for over 40 years. Sorry lets spread the word, as in EDUCATE.

I am 60 now so the "I do not give a damn" rules now. I talk to anyone that will listen. Doctor, cashier, neighbour, client, I simply do not care. I ask them if they heard the news story about the child with Dravets syndrome, a rare and severe form of epilepsy that is receiving relief from cannabis. I tell them about cannabidiol (CBD) a non-psychoactive ingredient that does not get you high but has proven medical value. I tell them about how THC is being using to treat our veterans suffering from the debilitating effects of PTSD. Those two are just the tip of the iceberg.

It boggles my mind how little most people really know. After years and years of FUD too many of them still think it is just about getting stoned. If you are brazen enough to participate in civil disobedience then you should have no issues with talking to people about it as medicine. It really comes down to how you present it and so medicine should be the primary focus. We all know that THC is medicine too so while taking our medicine we can be recreational too. :biggrin:

Last edited: