What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Truly Unique Smells...!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Jedi Kush from Cali connect that smelled exactly like black licorice. I hate licorice, lol. Critical Nevile's Haze from Delicious Seeds, that smelled like fruity pebbles.

jewcebox

This one has a very hard to identify smell

Its blue power from sincityseeds.

Close to a berry sour diesel.

i guess have to smell a bunch of stuff to figure it out!

avwpy.jpg

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I have a couple male plants that smell like skunk spray, they
smell up the whole house, lol.

Part of a pollen chuck I'm working on from old bagseed.

The females are all strong sweet/sour cherries.

seeded

I used to have ak47 x (ak47 x white Russian) which smelled of noxious vomit if you so much as looked at her fondly and would make you dry heave if you brushed up against her. I actually vomited from smoking it and then tossed all the remaining buds because the oil I made from it was 100x worse and tainted anything it mixed with.

I forget which one it was exactly but I had a chemdd hybrid a few years back that was unmistakeably smelling of dog shit and grass clippings while growing and once chopped entirely lost the grass smell taking on a fuely hashy scent instead. That sounds nice and all but as time went on it just smelled like someone set the dog shit on fire.

My old super silver haze was straight up tea tree oil from about a month into flowering and once chopped softened slightly with a minty undertone to it. Despite the outrageous trichome coverage there was very little hashiness or fuely terps to it as they were drowned out by the tea tree oil scent. It was so full on you'd never consider it cannabis smelling it with your eyes closed. I actually cried when I lost her.

I once grew a plant around 15 years ago that I can't for the life of me remember what it was now but it smelled exactly of mixed herbs and cracked pepper. I remember it being a crap smoke though so it got instantly binned but I've not had another like it since.

The last interesting one I remember was a bc seeds white widow which smelled of eucalyptus and jet fuel. The fuely terps died down after a few months in the jar leaving the eucalyptus to fully shine through. It's a shame that the high was shit to begin with and only got worse with the cure but even just smelling her for the first time in a while would be enough to put a smile on your face.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Purple Punch smells like fermenting grapes. I love it.
Peppermint Agave- amazing taste like idk how to explain but crisp

Also, 3 year bump and 9 years strong. Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Last edited:

Bud Jones

The Jeffery!

NL5xDurban(Urban Poison). Lemon citrus, cream, kinda like lemon cream soda. Gets stronger and stronger with curing.

Ahh the Mt Hood Magic . Also know as the Jeffry .. Tryin to find beans .. Compound genetics have a cross they offer . They’re calling it Cascade Orange . Not quite what I’m looking for . But yeah some unique terps on those lines for sure .

Thesearch

The BC love potion clone has haze, lemon, pine and skunk like a combination of various different strains in one. Had a chem D halitosis smell once. A burmese haze I tried had litchee skunk flavours. Peanut butter breath is a weird one for sure. Very complex. One time I grew some seeds from trimming in humboldt (could have been silver haze, banana, trainwreck, og kush etc. crosses) that tasted like a breakfast burrito. Cannabis has a huge range of smells for sure. I would be surprised that there was anything cannabis didn't smell like. I'm racking my brain and can't think of anything. Maybe fish, though some would say tuna kush, but I have never found it to smell like fish actually.

kamyo

Veteran
I've had a couple phenos of a PCK x PanamaDC cross I did that has a pretty apparent Vicks vapor rub smell. It's definitely different than what I was expecting. Other phenos on the PCK side were more of a fruity/creamy smell and others were very citrusy. But the Vicks smell was definitely there in a couple.

Happy Times

The smell is garlic and onion with a hint of beefiness. Actually a little more earthy and gamy than beef, more like deer meat in onions and garlic with a touch of anise seeds.

Imagine "french onion soup" weed, with the cheese on top and all.
Not fuel at all, but still loud as hell tho.

Here's the kicker tho, it tastes nothing like it smells. The taste is like a sweet, creamy (not fuely) sour strain. When my gf said "it tastes like a vanilla wafer", I definitely could get that on the exhale. There is something about how stank it is, yet how sweet it tastes that really makes you run through a jar.

View Image

View Image

That Neroli 91’ from a little while ago?

Drewsif

Grew some super hairy old school looking purple bud. Smells like grape chloraseptic and bengay, tastes like metal and isopropyl. Absolutely disgusting. Random seed from random pollination.

CrushnYuba

Purple tangie. Was a crocket farms strain. The crosses that were made from it are similar (forbiden fruit).

Doesn't really smell like cannabis. Smells more like an artificial air freshner. Lavender /floral air freshener and also citrus. Very unique terp profile. Not very potent. Very unique look also. Deep purple even when grown in very hot enviroments. Almost black when grown in cold. Smells like artificial rose, lavender and citrus with almost no skunkie cannabis smell.

Space Bomb

Space Queen x Tiny Bomb

Contains the Terpene Terpinoline, which is a rarer Terpene found in Cannabis. Smells floral, piney kinda fruity/rotten - very complex.

Taste is kinda like sour mangos.

Excellent Hybrid high, you can feel the C99 in it.

Thesearch

Space Bomb

Space Queen x Tiny Bomb

Contains the Terpene Terpinoline, which is a rarer Terpene found in Cannabis. Smells floral, piney kinda fruity/rotten - very complex.

Taste is kinda like sour mangos.

Excellent Hybrid high, you can feel the C99 in it.

I have always found terpinolene to be the dominant smell in hazes. To me it smells like haze and green apple when isolated. Your description of it is good though. Sometimes when I poo it smells like terpinolene and I get hungry for sativas. Is that weird? :biglaugh:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
A batch of White Widow like no other White Widow I've experienced. It smelled like fresh dog shit in the jar. Luckily when ground it smelled "normal" and amazing, and luckily it tasted piney and nice. It had one of the best highs I've experienced as well, but the buds literally smelled like fresh dog shit, and nothing else.

I have always found terpinolene to be the dominant smell in hazes. To me it smells like haze and green apple when isolated. Your description of it is good though. Sometimes when I poo it smells like terpinolene and I get hungry for sativas. Is that weird? :biglaugh:

Super Lemon Haze does contain Terpinoline as one of it’s major Terpenes.

However, most other Hazes don’t contain any Terpinoline.

Like I said, it’s one of the more rare Terpenes found in Cannabis.

Latest posts

Latest posts