What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Truly Unique Smells...!

bigbag

Veteran
^ could the early 80's apple have been Acapulco Gold ? Reef had one called Apple Pie. I've had burnt rubber weed as well and thought it may have been from the carbon in the swamp soil ?

WelderDan

Veteran
^ could the early 80's apple have been Acapulco Gold ? Reef had one called Apple Pie. I've had burnt rubber weed as well and thought it may have been from the carbon in the swamp soil ?

Nah, I had the pleasure of smoking Acapulco Gold and the Apple Weed was nothing like it in appearance or taste. I'd say the Apple was some sort of Indica hybrid.

I think the rotten meat and burnt tire comes from the Afghani genes.

Laavamara

tbh to me G13 strains taste like green apples..
Delahaze has absolutely brilliant smell of mixed fruits. No usual thc smell noticable

Bongstar420

The Garden produced a 'Pennywise' White which smells of sugary latex paint with just a hint of herbs and butter and a 'Pennywise' Green which was more reminiscent of mild carrot flavored bubble gum. The 'Cannatonic' Green came out like sour fermented mangoes with fermented sweet cheese. The 'ACDC' is a crazy, mouth watering sweet and sour skunk which is the first I've met in 10 years. There is this volunteer plant 'Sergeant Pepper' which is sugar mangoes peppercorn and rosemary. This one 'Gonzo #2' which we discontinued is mango banana fruity skunky metallic. I saw some seedlings briefly that were like limes and linen.

H

Hash-Head

Black Russian - delicious seeds.

Black jacks and hash. The jar still smells like it 3 years on.

gh0st9

Veteran
Had a black domina keeper that offensively smelled like fresh cracked black pepper at first with sour earthy undertone.

Ktaadn

Orange Dream ice cream. It took me a while to place the smell, and when I did it brought me back to my childhood. It's basically an orange/vanilla combo. The strain was a personal cross of mine and every pheno had that same aroma at chop - after the cure they separated into different smells and tastes more resembling either parent line.

Ktaadn

Strangest I ever smelled was a plant that smelled exactly like tea tree oil. It was pretty horrible and harsh to smoke, but I still wonder whether it might have had some special medicinal properties. Maybe it would have been a good one to make topical rubs? It's long gone now anyhow...

Organic Fanatic

Had a Sensi Star pheno back in the day that smelled like onions, pine, and dog food.

Lemon Cake (local MI strain) smells like straight DMT.

Dumpster smells like sweet, hot garbage.

Love how many smells and flavors this plant expresses.

Lochinvar

dairy queen 6 years ago smelled like a milkshake. the best ever. i havent found that smell in any thing other than dq and a very special dame blanche. i didnt keep either of them and have recently given up looking, after years of hoping i would find them again

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
The smell is garlic and onion with a hint of beefiness. Actually a little more earthy and gamy than beef, more like deer meat in onions and garlic with a touch of anise seeds.

Imagine "french onion soup" weed, with the cheese on top and all.
Not fuel at all, but still loud as hell tho.

Here's the kicker tho, it tastes nothing like it smells. The taste is like a sweet, creamy (not fuely) sour strain. When my gf said "it tastes like a vanilla wafer", I definitely could get that on the exhale. There is something about how stank it is, yet how sweet it tastes that really makes you run through a jar.

picture.php

picture.php

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
The smell is garlic and onion with a hint of beefiness. Actually a little more earthy and gamy than beef, more like deer meat in onions and garlic with a touch of anise seeds.

sandalwood and rawbeef.
Thats how my MK ultra smells haha

my F13 x JohnnyBlaze hack goes through phases of Slim Jim/bacon/meat spice aromas.
now it's lost the sourness of those aromas and has moved
to a dry cocoa powder aroma.

at 6 weeks...
picture.php

(pic taken 2 days ago)

CCfromTCC

Grew this sour bubble cut that was straight menthol

Also once had a chemota dragon plant that was 100% strawberry shortcake

Daub Marley

I had a catpiss that actually smelled exactly like meatloaf. I fucking hate meatloaf tho. I have a road kill skunk that smells like a felt tip pen or highlighter. The other pheno kind of smelled like baby poop. Earthy sandalwood in some straight sativas.

Latest posts

Latest posts