What's new

true 6 week strains?

I don,t know any strains that consistently finishes at 6 weeks but there are certainly phenos that do . I have had a Blue Rocket pheno (Apollo 11 x Blueberry) from Eskobar that was done at 7 weeks with 20% amber and i have twice on separate grows had pheno,s of Oldtimers Smile done in 6 weeks .

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

smoking some long valley royal kush (f10 by baked_beanz) that was emergency chopped at 45 days. I am truly shocked at the flavor and completely floored by the potency of this stuff. Totally immature and it tastes awesome. It is 100%, ONE toke weed. I keep describing it as scary potent LOL real glad I have 12 more seeds :pimp3:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Pro mix and coco. I took 1 light of four at 50 days and let the rest go with forum wanting to see if the later harvest was better on weight as I find it a light plant, other than a darker purple there was no difference except loss of smell and taste.

I flowered a couple mothers in pro mix that time as well, same thing.

Maybe get a longer flower out of an organic mix but I see no point other than smoother flowers.

Had the plant since 2012 and it is done at the end of week 7 by trichome or squeeze test. Besides og and ecsd it is my favorite plant I run.

D

Dioni

The problem with 6 weeker's is....if they are any good they don't weigh! :biggrin:

And tomorrow guys and gals :thank you: for your service! :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Cherry pie is for real done in coco at 49 50 days. Have let it go 65 but lost smell and flavor imo.

Funny you say that, I had a kqk x chem ibl that was a ten weeker, gave roughly 3 oz per clone with a 3 week veg and stunk the place out- gave some clones to a friend who decided to let them go 3 weeks longer in flower for some reason- and it lost smell n taste.
Longer not always better, it seems

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
smoking some long valley royal kush (f10 by baked_beanz) that was emergency chopped at 45 days. I am truly shocked at the flavor and completely floored by the potency of this stuff. Totally immature and it tastes awesome. It is 100%, ONE toke weed. I keep describing it as scary potent LOL real glad I have 12 more seeds :pimp3:

I have a lo ng peak blue that matures at about 70 but for maximum berry flavor is best around 56.

I have also found that harvested around 6 or 7 weeks the smell is strongest, and if left longer the smell is no-where as strong.

raven44

I have a blue berry that I was told was a six weeker.

I was skeptical to say the least

However it's the only one I've done that is nugged up by day 42. I pull it at day 42 and get at least 4-6 oz each plant. 15 gal pots. The trichs are barely amber but it's Def not too early of a harvest judging by the effects. I do have pics still I think...

Aota1

We used to pull my namesake strain at 42-45. Experimentally we'd go longer which made for a slight weight gain, slightly increased frost, and a more sedating effect but it wasn't better.

jedi5891

Sweet seeds do a fee Fast versions that are done in 7 weeks. I've done killer kush and black jack versions. They was ready in 7 weeks although I thought the strength was a bit lacking compared to their normal versions.

Peace

raven44

We used to pull my namesake strain at 42-45. Experimentally we'd go longer which made for a slight weight gain, slightly increased frost, and a more sedating effect but it wasn't better.

I've yet to do this with my bb. I will next run tho I wanna see if I can get some colors to pop

Wendull C.

Veteran
Got cherry pie s1 seeds I'm testing. One is better than the clone and done at 45 days. I mean calyxes swollen, hairs withered off, and all milky glands with 10% Amber. I was amazed.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I made them for my outdoor this year. Cherry pie loves my hot dry climate and grows forearm size colas of pink purple hued goodness that is so loud folks can't get enough of it, so I wanted seeds because they are always more vigorous. I also wanted to see if I could find a keeper with no intersex traits that present themselves to cross to an ecsd for an outdoor prize that would be the best of two of my favorites.

I crossed it to forum too, they are more gsc leaning with bigger cookie/ cherry smelling buds that look like they want to go 10 weeks. I will get to try those this week. But they are not better than either parent. I have 50 more to go through, maybe I will find one that smells of pie, has the lokks of cookies like endur or hammerhead show.

I have 30 more cherry pie s1's to go through still.

Cookies loves it out side here too. It's funny to see a plant that shows small buds inside only to throw colas like your arm with hardly any leaf outside. Dense, purple and dank. These strains shine outside where as og hates my climate and comes out like a third rate schwag seed if not green housed, shade clothed, and babied. Even then it's a shadow of what guys up North get with og outside. Or even in orange county la or San Diego.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had some plants I fucked up finish under 6 weeks cuz they got the ax lol.

Seems certain nutrition or environment may cause early ripening too as I have fucked up some plants that swelled earlier than normal and also some that swelled later than normal.