What's new

true 6 week strains?

browntrout

Veteran
I can imagine that being 42 days in flower. but the pistils are orange and the bud is quite under developed and small. maybe its finishing early because it has issues?

That is right, Some however are great smoke both with high and taste vs letting it get fatter later on.

Try Shishkaberry, Freezeland, MOB and make sure you clone them.

Clones usually finish early, thats a fact.

Jonny Lan

I can imagine that being 42 days in flower. but the pistils are orange and the bud is quite under developed and small. maybe its finishing early because it has issues?
Don't know, in person it doesn't look that small to me but ya not as big as some of my heavy yielders.
I heard Cherry pie was a low yieding strain maybe thats why the buds are small? i also grow organic.
And my pistils on all my plants have always turned orange, i thought they are supposed to do this.

Resin23

BOG Bubble and BOG Bogglegum both are true 6 week DONE strains, also Bog Sour Bubble (cup winner) is done at 50 days, there's 45 day SB pheno and who the hell doesn't like sour bubble? Fuckin super strain. Oh and Sour Bogglegum is a 6 week strain also... Several of his strains have phenos that are done in 6 weeks, BOG where are you to elaborate? And his gear is FIRE no lack of potency, Mabey smaller yeild on some but buds are dense,tasty,and frosted. I think bog had a 346 gram boggle gum indoors :)

helios212

Green Poison Fast Version from Sweet Seeds should do that trick. Im big fan of the normal Green Poison thou, needs a week longer

Wendull C.

Veteran
One of my favorite strains is cherry pie.50 day flower dense purple almost black nugs that are too loud to put in your pocket jar or not. It is the only strain I have seen with this quality a +++ and a 7 week flower. It also grows like a beast outside with colas as big as forearms top to bottom. Great plant.

CoCoSativas

Is there anything that really finishes in 6 weeks?

Northern lights

Texada timewarp is finished inside in 45 days but you need to be in canada or know someone who will send you one. There's seeds but none compare to the real timewarp except patchworks (I think it was patches)

There's a few freaks out there that finish stupid fast but just cause its fast dosent mean it yields well or good what's the point in fast if you can yield twice as much even if it takes twice as long it works out...

Anyway I grow sativas. They require little veg time so the extra flower time is no big deal really...

Waldgeist

dogstars aussie kush cut finishes ~36 days on rockwool if nutes are cut hard:biggrin:
it doesnt need veg in high density ops:)
almost a five weeker

365/36

10,138 possible cropz

:biggrin:

St. Phatty

I used to live on cookies made from the growing tips. I would visit my plants once a week and harvest a bunch of growing tips. So they would get ULTRA branchy ... if I came back 2 weeks later and took some more growing tips x forever, years basically.

under a 175 watt metal halide in a warehouse in Berkeley. It had a vertical bulb, old school lights.

So it wasn't a 6 week strain, but it did make some fresh growing tips every week or 2 !

Suntana

Strain hunting

Strain hunting

I'm looking for a strain that will keep me high for about 6 weeks from one joint.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had some of that once back in 73 when weed was still good, I think it had a little black lab in it...

Tynehead Tom

I once had a joint that lasted 6 weeks LOL
we called it the "Closet Doobie" because that's there I put it each time we put it out.
It was rolled by 3 people with a 1/4 pound of northern lights #5 (back in 93) and if I remember right, was 5 papers wide, 20 papers long, and used a second pack of rollies , cutting off the glue strips for use as tape LOL (zig zag whites/kutcorners)

so ya, if ya want to get blasted for 6 weeks on one doobie..... there ya go ;)

burningfire

Veteran
There's two ways people count flowering days. when they switch the lights or when they see the first pistils..

but in my opinion anything harvested at 6 or 7 weeks, would be 100 times better at 8 or 9.. the potency is there but the quality of high and aromas just isn't there.

of course that is subjective but in my growing experience, whenever I would pinch some buds around 6 or 7 weeks on a 9 week strain I was always happier with the later test buds.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Its all about the trichomes and getting plants as close to 100 milky as they will let you.
I think most take plants way to early based on just calyx retracting and turning amber.Flash High

pulled a bagseed master kush in lil over 30 days, giving it 70 days only gives higher yield, smell and potency might even be better now

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
In almost 25 years of growing I've never found any strains, or even any phenos of any strain, that can be harvested before 49-50 days. That includes all the hyped strains like top44 and the like. And I count flowering the traditional (correct) way: on the day the light cycle is flipped, not when pistils appear.

6 weekers are a myth.

Tynehead Tom

there were a couple true 42 to 45 day cultivars going around BC back in the late 90's.
They were best taken in that window for potency and flavour and the ones I experienced were outstanding. letting them go to the full 7 or 8 weeks did give bigger yield but the high and flavour were flat, over ripe.
one was just called HP and the other was a cross I did with a super fast shiskaberry male selected out of 75 seeds from breeder steve's original Vancouver area drop into that same HP hashplant which came from the hells angels growers, I got it in 95 in Langley BC.

the fast flowerers are out there, I just thing most of them have been bred out from guys using them in crosses for obvious reasons or were clone only's and distribution has faded when the kushes and OG's starting flooding the grow rooms here.

Last edited:

F. Dupp

Veteran
I had a pheno of Power Kush from Dinafem that finished in 45 days with 10-20% amber trichs. Average yield, great bag appeal, gummy bear smell, mediocre potency and high.