What's new

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands). Born during the first week of May.

More secondaries branches:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
12-October-2020.

Today, Dia de la Hispanidad, the maximum temperature in the shade has fallen to 23°C, when yesterday we had about 32°C... Some pictures from around my house...

Palm hearts, rosebushes and pericons:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

arbac

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands). Born during the first week of May.

Arround 3 meters of stem length:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

beautiful plant, truly enormous, with respect to the broad leaflets of ciskey dominate the fine leaflet of congo point noire, they are plants with the shape of ciskey a plant with a very marked apical dominance, with a branching closer to ciskey, in the form of The flowers are influenced by ciskey in the most productive ones and in the thin ones of point noire, in my way of seeing the phenotypes are quite balanced between ciskey and point noire.

I do not see that they have the point noire structure, where low branches develop so much that they compete in height with much higher branches, I also do not notice the details of the point noire leaf, such as its crooked leaflets, or the narrow ones that almost do not they mark neither at the base nor at the tip of the leaflet.
How about the aromas? they lean towards the point noire carrot, the leather of a cogolesa, or a more ciskey aroma is expressed

Montuno

...como el Son...
Old Congo

Old Congo

Hola, arbac !

Muchas gracias por tus comentarios en otro hilo sobre la psicoactividad y sabor de tus Old Congo. Había preguntado sobre ello en este mismo hilo a un varios miembros que han subido fotos de ella, pero pocos respondieron, (excepto illuminati):

I grew old congo. It was great woody purple hazey buds with a happy social high for all day at work on heavy machinery and driving long distance.

(...)
Old Congo by Tropical Seed (Congo point noire x oltimer Haze). Old Congo gives energetic effects, tripy effects, happy and social effects. The flavors are varied from musicle, fruit, grape leather and carrot in the f1, the f3 that works gives more flavors of carrot and leather, the effects are some clearer, others more confusing, but the energetic and more or less clear prevail

Purple old congo in the photo has a musky, fruity, slight cedar aroma. Efect :the very clear, creative, happy and social effect.
up, no cieling

That more active, accelerating and restless green phenomenon, also very clear. Aromas of leather. Other green phenos come out carrot

.the vast majority of the effects are very clear, a few are more confusing

Im very interested in this strain since I have seen an amazing outdoor pics from the great Costa Rican grower Talamanca aka Sukia...
Pics by him:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

More Talamanca aka Sukia amazing pics. This guy is a great Old School grower:

View Image

View Image

View Image

...like the Ticos (as the Costa Ricans are called by the rest of the Hispanics) uses to sais: Pura Vida!

B

Benny106

I grew old congo. It was great woody purple hazey buds with a happy social high for all day at work on heavy machinery and driving long distance.

Currently growing a few females made from the plant described in this post, cross to a panama x punta roja male should put out some real nice expressions. They are very big and beautiful, slowly reacting to 12/12.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hola, BeAn v. 2.0:

Perhaps would it respond better to 11/13 or 10/14 ? (I'm an outdoor man...)

Salud.

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo

King Congo

beautiful plant, truly enormous, with respect to the broad leaflets of ciskey dominate the fine leaflet of congo point noire, they are plants with the shape of ciskey a plant with a very marked apical dominance, with a branching closer to ciskey, in the form of The flowers are influenced by ciskey in the most productive ones and in the thin ones of point noire, in my way of seeing the phenotypes are quite balanced between ciskey and point noire.

I do not see that they have the point noire structure, where low branches develop so much that they compete in height with much higher branches, I also do not notice the details of the point noire leaf, such as its crooked leaflets, or the narrow ones that almost do not they mark neither at the base nor at the tip of the leaflet.
How about the aromas? they lean towards the point noire carrot, the leather of a cogolesa, or a more ciskey aroma is expressed

What is certain is that it is a little different from the last King Congo I showed here a couple of seasons ago.
Look at the difference between the lower secondary branches of both at this same time, aprox...

King Congo 2017:
16ff6f2b8cf58933d4a218e99fb593c6.jpg

ec059ab3ca3693888f6c60671fbe790c.jpg

8e0e0f5977965d6afbb04960d34e893d.jpg

King Congo #1 2020 :
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

...As for what you say about the lower secondary branches, arbac, I assure you that the lower ones of this King Congo #1 2020 are almost as long as I am (and think that the first 6 lower branches are pruned):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As for the aroma, it is still light and premature (lemon with carrot; sweet n' fresh...).

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
12-October-2020.
Today, Dia de la Hispanidad, the maximum temperature in the shade has fallen to 23°C, when yesterday we had about 32°C... Some pictures from around my house...

Young and small olive trees (with some Mediterranean pine in the background), and their olives:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

"Tigre" resting in the shade of the olive trees... "Yako" doesn't take long to appear to be photographed...

picture.php

picture.php

If you look closely, Yako is "very happy"...

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

10- October-2020.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; born 18-June).

Arround 1'70 metres high:

View Image

View Image

18-October-2020.

The maximum daily temperature in the shade was 29 °C; the minimum night temperature was 13 °C. The environmental humidity is between 15 and 45%.

King Congo #2 (born 18-June):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

18-October-2020.

More King Congo #2 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; born June-18):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

18-October-2020.

One of the secondary branches, and its buds (closer view):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

18-October-2020.

Other of the secondary branches, and its buds :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
19 to 23-October-2020:

The night of the past 19th, the Atlantic storm Barbara arrived to Monte Adentro, with strong rains and wind, that would be loosening up until today, that cloudy dawn but without rain forecast. It hasn't rained "for real" since May, I think...
The maximum temperatures in the shade are fluctuating a lot, with days of 26°C and others of only 16°C... Nighttime lows have ranged from 13°C to 9°C. Logically, with the rain, the environmental humidity has shot up to between 65? and 100%.

For the strength of the storm, here it has not caused the damage or flooding of other places in the Iberian Peninsula or Northwest Africa.
It has not even destroyed the enormous flower clusters of the yuccas, which are now in full bloom...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts