What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

C

c64

They only get water now...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

48N

King Kongo was my favourite last year
I also grew Durban punch, bh x Ethiopian, bh x congo3, queen mother and Zamaldelica fem
Very clear effects with a special type of psycho activity I haven’t had with the other strains
It’s hard to say it’s more this or that than the other strains, but it just feels different to the other sativas I’ve grown
And it leaves a tasty nutty but mainly vanilla aroma in the room when you burn it (I think coming from the ciskei side)

cotienxanh

King Kongo was my favourite last year
I also grew Durban punch, bh x Ethiopian, bh x congo3, queen mother and Zamaldelica fem
Very clear effects with a special type of psycho activity I haven’t had with the other strains
It’s hard to say it’s more this or that than the other strains, but it just feels different to the other sativas I’ve grown
And it leaves a tasty nutty but mainly vanilla aroma in the room when you burn it (I think coming from the ciskei side)
Thanks so much for your help. Compare to another strain you grow from last year is it strong? Any different pheno? Do you have picture of her? Sorry for much questions but i just nice to hear your opinions
Cheers:tiphat:

48N

Strength is on par with the other strains I’ve mentioned, except Zamaldelica which is stronger and bh x Ethiopian which isn’t quite as strong and energetic (but one of my favourite effects anyway)
I made seeds and will select for the Congo point noire and Ethiopian parents
I also grew one Zamaldelica fem in the past which was the greatest weed ever but the last round I grew 3 fems but they were all too Malawi influenced for my taste

I had 6 different King Kongos but they weren’t too different phenowise, maybe now with a long curing
Smells are all pretty similar
For a long time they smelled like fermented apple which slowly was replaced by a sweet vanilla scent and a dark earthy African smell
The smoke in the room is clearly smelling better, more divine than the smoke from the other strains, which can have some
More stinky elements
If you like Clear clean stimulant sativas with a special twist you should give It a try
Do you have more questions?

48N

It’s very positive and mood-enhancing, nothing can destroy your positive attitude
The other strains Could be a bit more nervous and edgy
Also euphoric but not as profound as the king Kongo
It’s also hard to kill your vibe on the bh x ethiopian but I think king Kongo still wins and the flower structure is a bit nicer for smoking
KK more compact foxtails which burn smoother, BH x E more indica influences buds which leaves are thicker and more rough smoking-wise

Montuno

...como el Son...
Anyone grow King Congo recently? What the smoke and grow like?

Thanks

I growed it 2 years ago; you can see it in this thread:

The dominant flavor and odor, by far, is a strong smellin' n taste, a delicious mixture of mandarin / sweet carrot / red berries & red wine's grapes...

About its type and quality of psychoactivity, comment before to describe it I use the usual terminology in Spain, which classifies the different types of sativa effects such as:
1- Lysergic or "trippy".
2- Electrical or energetical or exciting or caffeine or speedy or anphetaminic.
3- Euphoric or positives.
4- Introspective or creative or cerebral.
5- Indica's tendencias.
For me, this King Congo would be type 4- Introspective / Creative / Cerebral; Clean and clear effect, cerebrally stimulating, and slightly 2- Physically exciting (more " energétic" than "eléctrica", without anxiousity, an slightly 3-Positives or Euphorical (more " positive" than "euphorical"...
High power of psicoactivity.

With Destroyer (Cannabiogen), one of my favourites sativas.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Salud de nuevo, amig@s Tropicales!

Bueno, no pude terminar con el anterior cultivo tardío por tener que ausentarme.

Este año también he tenido que germinar tarde, pero no tanto como el anterior. La ultima semana de este Junio'2019, germine una Zamalmistica (Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)) F5, una Full Energy(Old Afghan NLD short cut x Old Timers Haze green light cut), y dos King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei Highlands); todas regulares.

Fotos del día 3-Julio:

Cheers again, Tropical friends!

Well, I couldn't finish with the previous late cultivation because I had to be absent.

This year I also had to germinate late, but not as much as the previous one. The last week of this June'19, I germinated a Zamalmistica (Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)) F5, a Full Energy (Old Afghan NLD short cut x Old Timers Haze green light cut), and two King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei Highlands), all regular.

Photos of the 3-July day:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• image_4852.jpg
    image_4852.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image_4896.jpg
    image_4896.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Aparte de mi cultivo de exterior iniciado a principio de Julio, una amiga me hizo germinarle una Orange-nade ((Malawi ACE x Dancehall Reggae Seeds, clon Mapetit) x Oltimers Haze, clon verde claro) para cultivarla en su piso en maceta, solo con la luz natural que llegase a su balcon o al interior de una habitación.
Como mi amiga es muy impaciente, me hizo germiar la semilla muy temprano: a primeros de Marzo.
Mi amiga no sabe cultivar (será su primera vez) y casi no abonará la planta.

Apart from my outdoor cultivation started in early July, a friend made me germinate an Orange-nade ((Malawi ACE x Dancehall Reggae Seeds, clone Mapetit) x Oltimers Haze, light green clone) to grow it potted in her city apartament, just only with the natural light that reached your balcony or inside a room.
As my friend is very impatient, she made the seed germinate very early: at the beginning of March.
My friend does not know how to grow (it will be her first time) and she will almost not feed the plant.

picture.php

La Orange-nade de mi amiga, el 8-Abril:

picture.php

1-Mayo:

picture.php

15-Mayo:

picture.php

25-Junio:

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
12-Julio, de nuevo en mi exterior:
De izquierda a derecha, dos King Congo, Zamalmistica y Full Energy.

July 12, again on my outdoor:
From left to right, two King Congo, Zamalmistica and Full Energy.

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
13-Julio.
Al siguiente día, 13-Julio, trasplante la Zamalmistica (Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)) F5 a tierra madre en "La Perrera":

July 13
The next day, July 13, I transplanted the Zamalmistica (Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer / Afghan)) F5 to motherland in "La Perrera" ("The dogs' House"; mine outdoor: it was before a kennel to dogs' puppies):

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
15-Julio.
Mientras tanto, mi amiga en su piso empieza a ser consciente de mis advertencias sobre germinar tan pronto un sativon para maceta de balcón...: -«Pero cuanto mas tiene que crecer esto, nene?!?»-... Pues aun le queda, nena, je...

Meanwhile, my friend in her apartment begins to be aware of my warnings about germinating as soon as a sativon for balcony pot ...: - «But how much more does this have to grow, baby?!?» -... Well still It has left, baby, he ...

Orang-nade ((Malawi ACE x Dancehall Reggae Seeds, clon Mapetit) x Oltimers Haze, clon verde claro)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php